14 Positives on Marlins

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Riots, and going to bars without distancing. As good a guess as any. 

Realistically they just need to shut down bars again. There is no way to enforce the distancing rules at all times and we obviously aren't ready to just let the people loose. 

After months of half-measures we are just letting everyone out again and asking them to be conscientious. It isn't working. 

Four months ago I was like "oh yeah we've got six months until football; I'm not worried." And here we are, weeks away, and I don't think it's gonna happen. And yet, all these people who claim to love sports doesn't have the patience or concern to do their part in stopping the spread.

Our time is here and somehow a pandemic is going to ruin it for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Billl said:

What’s the death rate of the job force taking a hit?  That’s all that matters.

So there were 61,000 deaths from the flu in the year your article discusses despite no lockdown measures.  There have been 150,000 in the past 4 months from COVID despite a nationwide lockdown, and half the country thinks we’re doing too much.

From is way way different than what is being classified now as "with"...way, way  different. Let me ask you how this..what is the average length of stay in a state run nursing home?

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep, simple. Here's how simple it is:

Masks have been shown to be far and away the best method of stopping the virus's spread, short of social isolation.

Combine that with readily available testing to anyone who wants it and tracing those that test positive, we could have had this thing well under control by now. Instead we're still sputtering along.

awesome to show a graph that is over a month old!!! Brilliant!!!! 

Now i know i can trust all things you post!

Edited by plenzmd1

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

Because tons of people are following the guidelines and the spread continues, especially in densely populated areas that have had strict and enforced policies.

Not true in the most densely populated.  NYC fixed their massive infection rate with strict enforcement and people following guidelines.  Now they are ordering quarantine for visitors or returning residents from 32 states. It worked.

Where "the spread continues",  they have not...and at least one governor simply calls becoming the countries epicenter "a blip", and another is suing to strike down a mandatory mask rule imposed by the mayor of the state's largest city.  These strategies by these "leaders" has given those citizens the inevitable and predictable results they are suffering through now.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

That said, Trump didn't call it a hoax. I feel like that has been fact-checked enough that people shouldn't still be making that claim. 

I'm not sure there's a meaningful difference between "it's a hoax" and "it will magically disappear on its own." But politics aside the real problem is that every state has its own policy. Without national mandates neither party would have been able to save us.

There was a time early on in the pandemic when I thought maybe in the long run this will be good for the country. Some day a disease that is literally an existential threat may hit our society. The larger our global population grows, the more likely that becomes. I thought maybe living through a relatively minor test run would force people to recognize that we need to listen to scientists and be prepared for this sort of thing in the future. But there are a bunch of people who think 100,000+ dead isn't really a big deal, or that the people who die would have died anyways, or that herd immunity will save us. It scares me a little.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Not true in the most densely populated.  NYC fixed their massive infection rate with strict enforcement and people following guidelines.  Now they are ordering quarantine for visitors or returning residents from 32 states. It worked.

Where "the spread continues",  they have not...and at least one governor simply calls becoming the countries epicenter "a blip", and another is suing to strike down a mandatory mask rule imposed by the mayor of the state's largest city.  These strategies by these "leaders" has given those citizens the inevitable and predictable results they are suffering through now.

Or, maybe, just maybe, a level of herd immunity was reached...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

From is way way different than what is being classified now as "with"...way, way  different. Let me ask you how this..what is the average length of stay in a state run nursing home?

Now i know i can trust all things you post!

Got a newer one showing something totally different?  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's the best you've got? How about you look at a list of states where cases have been on the rise for a few weeks now and let me know if you notice a trend.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They fixed it by getting sick and then developing antibodies, haha.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'm not sure there's a meaningful difference between "it's a hoax" and "it will magically disappear on its own." But politics aside the real problem is that every state has its own policy. Without national mandates neither party would have been able to save us.

There was a time early on in the pandemic when I thought maybe in the long run this will be good for the country. Some day a disease that is literally an existential threat may hit our society. The larger our global population grows, the more likely that becomes. I thought maybe living through a relatively minor test run would force people to recognize that we need to listen to scientists and be prepared for this sort of thing in the future. But there are a bunch of people who think 100,000+ dead isn't really a big deal, or that the people who die would have died anyways, or that herd immunity will save us. It scares me a little.

You think the States were ever going to listen to Trump? I mean, really? Trump banned travel from China, and the left accused him of being a racist. DeBlasio encouraged New Yorkers to go to the Chinese New Year festivities. Hypothetically, if, before the virus really took off, Trump, on the advice of medical experts, called for the nation to quarantine -- businesses to close, people to stay home, people to stop wearing protective gear -- do you really think the States would have listened? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Got a newer one showing something totally different?  

Not my job...but here ya go . Yep, they sure look like they have fallen off a cliff! @HappyDays

BTW, just to clear, both well over 100% growth in new cases since June 10th, the baseline date for the bogus tweet

image.thumb.png.d2f08ad686de501f32c2ebe699e1bf1f.pngimage.thumb.png.f95106baafcbcbdc5b359899f0384c14.png

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That's the best you've got? How about you look at a list of states where cases have been on the rise for a few weeks now and let me know if you notice a trend.

POsted for you review..if you want to be taken seriously, dont use data that is over 6 weeks old. It's useless, and disingenuous

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Not my job...but here ya go . Yep, they sure look like they have fallen off a cliff!

image.thumb.png.d2f08ad686de501f32c2ebe699e1bf1f.pngimage.thumb.png.f95106baafcbcbdc5b359899f0384c14.png

Good thing this isn't your job.

Now show us what I asked for.  Give the equivalent to the original graph.

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't want to sound like I'm in the anti-facemask camp. I'm really not. But I think California sort of belies this point. 

See above.  We talking about all states, as per the graph.  We all know that  Cali cases spiked in the past month.  

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Agreed. People are so clueless. The place where the virus hit harder than perhaps anywhere in the entire world is suddenly getting better because of their genius policies? No, it's because the disease ran its course there and now it is running through the rest of the country. Eventually it will make it to the more rural locations.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

See above.  We talking about all states, as per the graph.  We all know that  Cali cases spiked in the past month.  

Sort of a distinction without a difference. I appreciate that the original graph was much more comprehensive. I really wish a similar graph existed for this point in time. That said, the conclusion to be drawn is that States that mandate facemasks show a decrease in cases. The opposite happened in California.  Its still a point that needs to be addressed. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Okay sir!!! I will deliver what you asked for right now sir!!! 

Now show me what i ask for..show me all states with declining case counts over the last 3 weeks and whether they are mask vs non mask states. You will find zero linkage, guarantreed. 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hey, you stepped forward and volunteered....

amended my response...prove there is a correlation between mask wearing and declining cases...and BTW i have been wearing a mask since late March

12 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So herd immunity was reached by having 250,000 out of 8,500,000 people becoming infected?  Herd immunity with an infection rate of 3%.  I can’t wait to have a good laugh with my wife (head of her science department) about this as soon as she’s done with her webinar on how to best educate students during a pandemic (which she is literally on right this second).

• Like (+1) 1