Uyghur Genocide in China

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He’s a child. 

Trump? Totally agree

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He’s a child. 

The extremes of both parties are ***** embarrassing. If you say the extreme right is representative of the “party” as a whole you’re a tool. Just as anyone saying what’s been happening in Seattle and Portland is indicative of the left as a whole is also a tool. Stop being a tool. 

Oh direct this to your friends; just once. They’re the ones; including their leader - who paint Democrats with a broad brush.

Cmon ref - be fair. 

Statement by the President

Issued on: June 17, 2020

Today, I have signed into law S. 3744, the “Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020” (the “Act”).  The Act holds accountable perpetrators of human rights violations and abuses such as the systematic use of indoctrination camps, forced labor, and intrusive surveillance to eradicate the ethnic identity and religious beliefs of Uyghurs and other minorities in China.  I note, however, that section 6(g) of the Act purports to limit my discretion to terminate inadmissibility sanctions under the Act.  In some circumstances, this limitation could be inconsistent with my constitutional authorities to receive as diplomatic representatives certain foreign officials under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution.  Accordingly, my Administration will treat section 6(g) of the Act as advisory and non‑binding.  My Administration will make appropriate efforts to comply with section 6(g) of the Act by notifying the relevant congressional committees before terminating sanctions with respect to a person under the Act, but it will not treat the provision’s requirement for advance notice as binding to the extent that it interferes with the President’s conduct of diplomacy.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
June 17, 2020.

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

Nice try with the faux considerate counterpoint.

Apparently you don't see any fault with the dominant LW media.

Then again, maybe you only see things though your crayola rainbow crayons.

woah.  Crazy person 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Let’s make one thing clear - your party is the one waving confederate flags, shouting Jews will not replace you and flashing swastikas. 

But y’all keep up the good work with your pathetic bullschitt.

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but any form of authoritarian government including Nazis are not right wing, they are a far left ideology.  I don’t care what your free edumacation told you. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Statement by the President

Issued on: June 17, 2020

Today, I have signed into law S. 3744, the “Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act of 2020” (the “Act”).  The Act holds accountable perpetrators of human rights violations and abuses such as the systematic use of indoctrination camps, forced labor, and intrusive surveillance to eradicate the ethnic identity and religious beliefs of Uyghurs and other minorities in China.  I note, however, that section 6(g) of the Act purports to limit my discretion to terminate inadmissibility sanctions under the Act.  In some circumstances, this limitation could be inconsistent with my constitutional authorities to receive as diplomatic representatives certain foreign officials under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution.  Accordingly, my Administration will treat section 6(g) of the Act as advisory and non‑binding.  My Administration will make appropriate efforts to comply with section 6(g) of the Act by notifying the relevant congressional committees before terminating sanctions with respect to a person under the Act, but it will not treat the provision’s requirement for advance notice as binding to the extent that it interferes with the President’s conduct of diplomacy.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
June 17, 2020.

Awe how cute - look at you ignorant fools getting excited about something Trump could have done something about 2 years ago.But no - his trade deal was and is more important right? 

Once again, Trump ignored and people died.

According to Bolton:

“Even more remarkably, Bolton’s excerpt in the Wall Street Journal recounts several episodes in which Trump shrugged off China’s human rights abuses — and in one case even seemed to encourage perhaps the worst of them.

The most damning passage comes when Trump, in Bolton’s telling, on two occasions actually encouraged Chinese President Xi Jinping to use concentration camps for Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang province:

Trump asked me at the 2018 White House Christmas dinner why we were considering sanctioning China over its treatment of the Uighurs, a largely Muslim people who live primarily in China’s northwest Xinjiang Province.

At the opening dinner of the Osaka G-20 meeting in June 2019, with only interpreters present, Xi had explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. According to our interpreter, Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do. The National Security Council’s top Asia staffer, Matthew Pottinger, told me that Trump said something very similar during his November 2017 trip to China.”

Just now, dubs said:

Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but any form of authoritarian government including Nazis are not right wing, they are a far left ideology.  I don’t care what your free edumacation told you. 

Unite the Right. Unite the Right. 

'You will blame Israel but...': Nikki Haley questions UN silence over Uighur genocide by Communist China

New Delhi: Nikki Haley questioned the silence of the United Nations over Uighur genocide by China saying the world would be up in arms if this were any other country but China.

Adding that while Israel is blamed frequently over Palestine, the former United States Ambassador to the UN said when its China then silence is maintained over its actions questioning “Where is the UN now?”

Haley gave this statement while responding to a tweet by international human rights lawyer Arsen Ostrovsky who shared a video in which Uighurs are blindfolded, shackled and herded on trains for concentration camps dubbed as “re-education camps”.

https://www.timesnownews.com/international/article/you-will-blame-israel-but-nikki-haley-questions-un-silence-over-uighur-genocide-by-communist-china/623374

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

'You will blame Israel but...': Nikki Haley questions UN silence over Uighur genocide by Communist China

Actually, it is not silence, it is worse - many countries openly support China's position. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang_re-education_camps:

On 8 July 2019, 22 countries signed a statement to the UN's High Commissioner of Human Rights in which they called for an end to mass detentions in China and expressed concerns over widespread surveillance and repression: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. In October 2019, in a second letter, these countries were joined by the US.

In July 2019, 50 countries signed a joint letter to the UNHRC commending China's "remarkable achievements in the field of human rights", claiming "Now safety and security has returned to Xinjiang and the fundamental human rights of people of all ethnic groups there are safeguarded." The signees: Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Laos, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe[

Edited by DrW
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hans Bader, writing on Liberty Unyielding, brings together the evidence that the Chinese Communist Party is systematically oppressing three million people, using torture and concentration camps.

Yet when was the last time the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, NBC or CBS did any investigative reporting on this horrendous abuse of human rights?

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hans Bader, writing on Liberty Unyielding, brings together the evidence that the Chinese Communist Party is systematically oppressing three million people, using torture and concentration camps.

Yet when was the last time the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, NBC or CBS did any investigative reporting on this horrendous abuse of human rights?

Here you go: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/world/asia/china-xinjiang-documents.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wppete said:

And in the mean time millions are in concentration camps, forced sterilization, organ harvesting of innocent men, women and children.

I worked with an MD that got her degree in China (is Chinese).   One semester all MD's have to do human anatomy ( people disection). In China they did no brain direction.  They dot the bodies of prisoners and  basically all were  shot in the head.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Awe how cute - look at you ignorant fools getting excited about something Trump could have done something about 2 years ago.But no - his trade deal was and is more important right? 

Obama could have done it almost 12 years ago.

7 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

Incentivized multilateral trade negotiations, followed by multilateral sanctions as a last resort. Is anyone offering a better solution?

I’m seeing the problem more through anthropological lenses. China likes money just as the West likes money.

Also, China does not have a monopoly on predilections for using brute force to solve problems or to gain economic benefit. See: American post-WW2 foreign policy in the Cold War and in the War on Terror.

While the UN is definitely a flawed organization, America’s own track record on unilateral international problem solving is not exactly impeccable.

Couple things... First, this is a thread about China, NOT the US but since you brought it up, our record is certainly a hell of a lot better than China or Russia, or literally any other nation on this planet. Has it been perfect, absolutely not! Discussion for another time, but the problem over the course of time you mention is that politicians seem to think they know how to win battles and their stupid ass ROEs. But again I remind you, this isn't about the US.

As for negotiations and that previous remark to make it economically prudent for them. This is a country who just got 57 other nations to agree to their takeover of Hong Kong. Which nations do you have in mind to join us? Maybe a trade embargo? Increased tariffs? isn't the orangeman trying that?

Maybe you want to just give them cash incentives? Promise to be nice and we'll give you taxpayer money? Or perhaps you want to resurrect the TPP? Send jobs back to not only China, but other nations in SE Asia as well? Every multilateral trade deal in US history has been at the expense of the US. Those jobs this was supposed to create? Yeah, they would have been in other countries, not ours.

So the question remains... Who is going to join us in those trade negotiations? Who is going to join us in those multilateral sanctions? Please expand?

Edited by Cinga
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

New Delhi: Nikki Haley questioned the silence of the United Nations over Uighur genocide by China saying the world would be up in arms if this were any other country but China.

That's not true.... The world including the Obama Administration were silent during genocide in Darfur and Rwanda. The world including the Clinton Administration was silent during the Bosnian genocide.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Chinese aren't the world's newest form of Nazis, but they are probably the first in the 21st Century.  

It's alleged the "world" doesn't care about genocides if countries genocide their own people, and there is some truth to that as Cinga pointed out.  There's been countless genocides in Africa and South Asia through the 20th Century.  I'm convinced NATO only got off their ass in the former Yugoslavia because the Serbs walked right in and mass murdered nearly 10,000 people in Sreberenica due to the utter cowardice of the Dutch who were there to protect the town.  

What has surprised me about the Uyghur catastrophe is where is ISIS, al Qaeda, Hezbollah?