Blue Jays "Buffalo2020" thread

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They still will not buy Bon Jovi records.

That's because they don't like crappy music.......

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So let's assume they allow cardboard cutout fans in the stands. Who would have the honor to sit behind home plate? Jimmy Griffin? Tim Russert? Anyone else?

Cleveland, McKinley, Teddy Roosevelt, and Fillmore. 

And @mead107

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Get out of here with your girly man cardboard cutouts.  See if they can get the 'Promo the Robot' version 2.0 outfit.
(Can I still say 'girly man', or is that offensive?')

It is offensive and expect an apology before you are banished/canceled from this board........

50 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Why can’t the jays play in Toronto again. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Canada isn't allowing sports 

They don't allow border crossings without a 14-day quarantine. Hard to do that when you are playing almost every day. Toronto and Ontario gave the thumbs up but Ottawa said no.

NHL teams will be in a "bubble." 12 in Toronto, 12 in Edmonton. Stay till you're done.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

20 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They don't allow border crossings without a 14-day quarantine. Hard to do that when you are playing almost every day. Toronto and Ontario gave the thumbs up but Ottawa said no.

NHL teams will be in a "bubble." 12 in Toronto, 12 in Edmonton. Stay till you're done.

Yup, the Federal government didn't feel comfortable allowing the travel back and forth even with the teams staying in their team bubbles. With Hockey they allowed it because all the teams would play in only one of 2 bubbles staying in the same city playing in the same arena. With hockey in Toronto, I even heard something about having tunnels/covered walking paths from the hotel to the rink.

I think baseball could have worked with Toronto because they have the hotel attached to the stadium that the teams would be staying/living out of removing alot of the potential to transfer to people outside of the teams.

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Fitting right in to the Buffalo sports vibe. They were a strike from winning today, and had 2 outs no one on in the 9th <gag>

This happened to the Mets yesterday.  That stupid ***** extra inning rule is basically giving the win to batting team.  They did it in the minors for (I think) two seasons and the batting team won 73% of the time.  

That is ***** stupid.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:46 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

So let's assume they allow cardboard cutout fans in the stands. Who would have the honor to sit behind home plate? Jimmy Griffin? Tim Russert? Anyone else?

N.Tesla.JPG

Niagara Falls is close enough, no?  AND that would make an impressive  cut out behind home plate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm wondering if some people will get to watch the games from the parking garage or neighboring buildings?

Over on Scott's Sabres board my suggestion was that whoever owns that parking garage overlooking the baseball field needs to remove the curtains obscuring the views of the field & make a killing.

Pettibones should be able to make a killing as well.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Over on Scott's Sabres board my suggestion was that whoever owns that parking garage overlooking the baseball field needs to remove the curtains obscuring the views of the field & make a killing.

Pettibones should be able to make a killing as well.

I assume it's MLB that prohibits spectators. But can they control peering eyes from outside the stadium? Then there's the question will the city prevent people from watching, socially distanced or otherwise.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

:cry:

Well, they would have won if their closer Giles didn't get hurt while pitching the 9th

He got the 1st 2 batters then something happened and he hurt himself. Second player in the game to go down for the jays as their CFer Grichuck hurt himself going for a ball hit to centre. Both players left not looking too bad, but sometimes those are the worst and they end up being out a long time. I think this is going to happen more this year because of the shortened training

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wouldn't  Spectrum Cable carry Canadian TV, the Jay's games???

Nope.  Spectrum does carry 2 or 3 Canadian channels, but I’ve never seen a game on one.  It would be bad even if they did, as Spectrum doesn’t carry the HD feed for them. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thank you (+1) 1