Slavery Ended 150 years ago. GET OVER IT!

20 minutes ago, T master said:

I agree that he shouldn't be applauded or held in a high regard although there are some that do . 

I being a father have tried to  tell my children to learn from your and my mistakes, i have told them of some of those mistakes as humiliating as they were at the time in hopes to let them know that i am far from perfect and to learn from my past .

I would hope that if i were born a black American that i would point out those persons entire story not just the story that fits and do it in a way that it would kindle some kind of interest to find out the entire truth surrounding the person .

When i went to school (i walked up hill both ways in snow storms) ? but was taught in a public school things that were only partial stories about very prominent figures in American history only later to find out by me doing some research of my own that the stories weren't entirely true and i was very disappointed in the narrative that was put forth to me .

So if those statues can be a reminder to those that were hurt in any way by those folks then i would leave them to teach my kids the entire story and that hate/greed was the motivating factor behind those peoples motives and that trust is earned not just given !

Also the entire story needs to be told that there were slaves that were sold to white people by black tribal people for their personal gain . So there are bad people are from all races .

If there was a way to teach the youth how to use the system to change the future and have those taken down in a way that would have them grow as a person in their community and this country i would try that first .

Violence should be a last resort not the first and by actions speaking louder than words the youth of the country is being taught that the first thing you do is get violent and if this country has any teaching of the father left in it violence is not what i want to pass on as the first go to . 

Those kids killed in Chicago the one young girl sitting in her living room watching TV killed because of some persons belief that he was wronged in some way by who ever will never get to grow up to learn the difference from those people of those statues no matter our race so lets teach that violence along with oppression is not the way to go about getting change !

Thanks! And love your avatar! Thurman Thomas the ball carrier! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Can you give me just 3 bullet points that are aspects of white supremacy?  Not looking for unsupported statistics but rather 3 specific actions that are broadly carried out by whites at the expense of people of color. 

I'll give you one big, fat bullet point.

Whites are stepping up their efforts to prevent black people from voting by closing polling places, like just happened in Kentucky:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/503937-celebrities-and-politicians-speak-out-over-90-cut-in-polling

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'll give you one big, fat bullet point.

Whites are stepping up their efforts to prevent black people from voting by closing polling places, like just happened in Kentucky:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/503937-celebrities-and-politicians-speak-out-over-90-cut-in-polling

You are buying the false narrative,

but, I am confused by this childish attempt of persuasion by libs.

Nowhere in your posted article does it say that strictly "Black polling " places are being closed,

so by your 'reasoning', wouldn't Kentucky's decrease in polling places "prevent" white, Asian, Native, Latino from voting also.

Also Kentucky is a Voter ID state also............................for everyone.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

My entire family bloodline was in Italy.....next!

So????  Although In the 1920s and 1930s Italians, especially Sicilians, were considered by most "Americans" only a half step above blacks, this is 2020 not 1930, and there are lots of racists and bigots who are descendents of Italian immigrants.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yep after about a hundred years of trying it out we decided yeah this is probably a bad idea and then promptly(fought the bloodiest war in our history until the half that still didn't agree were forced to) ended it...unless you watch the video where it talks about all the ways where we "ended slavery" by calling it "prison labor" so I guess more than a hundred years. But we ended slavery so we should definitely look at it like we were some crusading hero who freed them and not the people that were enslaving them in the first place.

I look at it like the crack addict who overcame the problem. You can cheapen it all youd like. It's not like it hasn't been cheapened enough by the current political class. 

It'll be hilarious when yall discover who the dealers were... Then this whole thing will get turned on its head, and the true cowards will be revealed.

6FlU.gif

And, when the WJWs really get going, maybe they try and acknowledge the current African/Middle East slave trade... That'll be the dayyyy, when I die...

Edited by Paulus

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Oh, so your family was oppressing blacks by enjoying that mafia privilege?

Actually, my family, like so many millions of Americans had nothing to do with slavery at all.  My grandparents didn't come to America in hopes of obtaining privilege over anyone of any color. They had their own issues of oppression they were fleeing in their ancestral homeland.  I find this entire topic to be disgusting and beneath us as a nation!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Actually, my family, like so many millions of Americans had nothing to do with slavery at all.  My grandparents didn't come to America in hopes of obtaining privilege over anyone of any color. They had their own issues of oppression they were fleeing in their ancestral homeland.  I find this entire topic to be disgusting and beneath us as a nation!

Man, everyone missed my 'all Italians are mafia' joke...

Though I agree with you. My family came over in 1865 on an indentured servitude contract, in hopes of a better life.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Man, everyone missed my 'all Italians are mafia' joke...

Though I agree with you. My family came over in 1865 on an indentured servitude contract, in hopes of a better life.

I got the joke. People like to throw the term mafia around like it was sort of a gentleman’s club. It wasn’t. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Which is a can of worms nobody on the left wants to talk about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, SoTier said:

So????  Although In the 1920s and 1930s Italians, especially Sicilians, were considered by most "Americans" only a half step above blacks, this is 2020 not 1930, and there are lots of racists and bigots who are descendents of Italian immigrants.

Why are you trying so hard to be divisive?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Did yous guys solve slavery while I was working?  

I'm not sure it's solved but my conscience is now clear. I sold you to that guy in Jamestown who has the nerve to call the surrounding areas in NY and NW PA to be so very disadvantaged because of Republicans. Like the East side of Erie has a Republican in it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not sure it's solved but my conscience is now clear. I sold you to that guy in Jamestown who has the nerve to call the surrounding areas in NY and NW PA to be so very disadvantaged because of Republicans. Like the East side of Erie has a Republican in it.

I hear Jamestown is beautiful for three days in June. I better hurry.

Slavery  ended 150 years ago GET OVER IT.. . I'm intrigued by the thread title.  I'll watch the youtube sometime tomorrow to get all the info presented  What did we ever do without Youtube?

Ever consider that maybe systemic racism exists because of slavery. Maybe people just can't "get over it" that easily? It's a generational curse and scourge to their history. Very relevant to today and imperative we understand this view if any hope of real change exists. 

• Like (+1) 1