Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Logic

NFLPA recommends that players stop practicing together

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, The Dean said:

 

Yes, the damn news reporting what's going on in the world. They're to blame! Them and testing. Stop testing and reporting on Covid. That would fix everything! Who's with me?

 

:rolleyes:

The news, on both sides, is mostly just opinion. Very little actual truthful news anymore. So who knows what’s actually true or false about this virus 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen to the Scientists...

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeviF91 said:


Centralized power and strong borders? Like, NZ is a couple islands and South Korea has one border with a country they’re technically at war with. Not to mention the differences between East Asian societies and their view of government vs. western ideals. 
 

Meanwhile Germany is spiking in cases, not huge spikes but not surprising given they’ve been at least semi open since May. 
 

And of course, their combined populations are less than half that of the USA. 

I think he means they got ahead of this thing a lot earlier then we did... back in March they had something like 6 cases and still went into complete lock down.... meanwhile we had a ***** ton of cases and you have guys like Trump downplaying everything and De blasio telling us to go out and have a blast around the town. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the Vegas under over?

not on the season, on the election...

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

The news, on both sides, is mostly just opinion. Very little actual truthful news anymore. So who knows what’s actually true or false about this virus 🤷🏻‍♂️

 

 

If you seriously believe that, you need to start paying attention to the CONSENSUS of scientists---not politicians. Some (I use Fauci as the prime example) are not only long time respected experts in the field, but also have access to most every study and opinion. When confronting an issue for which you have no expertise, look to the BEST experts who have access to the best minds and research. You can always find an outlier or two, of course. But why pay attention to them, when there is very good data on outcomes. Places that put mandatory stay at home orders in place and those requiring masks are having much better outcomes than those who do not. And yes, you can always fine an outlier or situation that seems to contradict the consensus. But why focus on the trivial outliers unless you simply are someone who constantly looks for, and believes, information that confirms your personal bias?

 

Ignorance is different than stupidity. But staying purposefully ignorant is pretty damn stupid, IMO.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

 

 

You both spelled "science deniers" wrong.

Man this whole time I thought the ground zero was Wuhan China 🤦‍♂️ !!! 
Thanks for educating us  !!! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear that we are doomed for this year. It will be like the moon landing, 9/11, Woodstock, the 2008 financial collapse, etc. It will be a milestone that helps to put life in perspective. Like it, or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

 

Pssssst: what if I told you.... the difference is not China?

 

 

In that "What IF?" I'd ask "Why you are ***** for WHO (Wuhan Health Organization) for free?"

 

It is no coincidence biggest producer of masks post COVID-19 virus emergence is Hubei province, specifically its capital Wuhan.

Whats App traffic shows companies there preparing to ramp up producing of masks before virus was acknowledged by China's health Organization.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he means they got ahead of this thing a lot earlier then we did... back in March they had something like 6 cases and still went into complete lock down.... meanwhile we had a ***** ton of cases and you have guys like Trump downplaying everything and De blasio telling us to go out and have a blast around the town. 😂


There is that. Similar issues in the UK but the PL just had their first games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

I’m starting to come to the awful realization that an NFL season will almost be impossible to pull off. Thank you China for ruining that for us as well...

 

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!  👍

 

56 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Listen to the Scientists...

 

giphy.gif

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Logic said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/20/nflpa-recommends-that-players-stop-practicing-together/
 

The NFL had no offseason workouts in 2020, but plenty of players have worked out together on their own. The NFL Players Association officially has asked them to stop.


“Please be advised that it is our consensus medical opinion that in light of the increase in COVID-19 cases in certain states that no players should be engaged in practicing together in private workouts,” Dr. Thom Mayer, the NFLPA medical director, said in an email to all players, a copy of which PFT has obtained....

 

 

 

Does NFLPA recommend that they not collect money they would normally get for practices and are getting paid anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

 

Does NFLPA recommend that they not collect money they would normally get for practices and are getting paid anyways?


Did you read the article? I'm gonna go ahead and guess you did not.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

New Zealand

 

South Korea KBO Baseball

 

 

 

Germany Bundesliga

 

 

Now what might differ between those countries and ours? 

Hmmmm  🤔

 

Pssssst: what if I told you.... the difference is not China?

 

But what about freedom! Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Logic said:


Did you read the article? I'm gonna go ahead and guess you did not.

 

Yes and no where is there anything about players not giving money back for practices they are not attending.

 

P.S. It was not much of an article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Yes and no where is there anything about players not giving money back for practices they are not attending.

 

P.S. It was not much of an article.


You may have read it, but perhaps you failed to comprehend it.

The NFLPA is suggesting that players not engage in PRIVATE, on-their-own practice sessions, outside of the scope of the official NFL offseason activities. 

As such, your comment about "giving money back" for "practices they are not attending" makes no sense and has no relevance whatsoever.

 

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Logic said:


You may have read it, but perhaps you failed to comprehend it.

The NFLPA is suggesting that players not engage in PRIVATE, on-their-own practice sessions, outside of the scope of the official NFL offseason activities. 

As such, your comment about "giving money back" for "practices they are not attending" makes no sense and has no relevance whatsoever.

 

 

 

You are expecting far too much from him. Not only reading, but comprehending.  That's a lot of work!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he means they got ahead of this thing a lot earlier then we did... back in March they had something like 6 cases and still went into complete lock down.... meanwhile we had a ***** ton of cases and you have guys like Trump downplaying everything and De blasio telling us to go out and have a blast around the town. 😂

Don’t forget Nancy with the bottle of vodka in her hand ,   telling everyone the water if fine & come to SF / China town parade !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, a lot of players train in Florida, AZ, CA, TX...it's probably best to exercise caution.

Just happen to be the hot spots of the US.  Josh and the gang need to shut it down. With OTA's lost and camp probably shortened, no one is going to have an advantage. The biggest challenge the NFL will have is the inability to create a bubble like the NBA. You will have players test positive this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

 

In that "What IF?" I'd ask "Why you are ***** for WHO (Wuhan Health Organization) for free?"

 

It is no coincidence biggest producer of masks post COVID-19 virus emergence is Hubei province, specifically its capital Wuhan.

Whats App traffic shows companies there preparing to ramp up producing of masks before virus was acknowledged by China's health Organization.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

 

I’m sure you’ve come up with the reason why Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and S. Korea were able to supply their citizens with masks and their HCW with PPE....

 

OH WAIT It’s not.  China hates Taiwan’s guts and wouldn’t sent ‘em a worn rubber chicken let alone cases of masks

 

My point is, if we can’t have sports this fall in US (and I hope we can) we can look in the mirror, because we had every bit as much warning as those countries.

 

We just didn’t make effective use of it.

 

Not being a tin-foil-hat type or a WhatsApp expert I won’t comment on your allegation, but it’s beside the point I’m trying to make - whatever China did, other countries responded effectively and are starting back up with the sports.  Meanwhile we never brought the epidemic under control and are starting back up with the cases.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Putin said:

Don’t forget Nancy with the bottle of vodka in her hand ,   telling everyone the water if fine & come to SF / China town parade !!! 

 

 

There are not a lot of clean hands in this. But let's be clear. Pelosi did NOT have a bottle of vodka in her hand and did NOT promote a Chinatown parade or fair, as the president claimed. She did however, say to come to Chinatown and it would be safe. BTW, that was two days before SF's first confirmed Covid case.

 

Not defending anyone here. Just setting the record straight. Outright lies should be corrected ASAP, IMO.

 

For the record, since then SF has done a relativity great job compared to most populated cities in the US from what I understand.

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...