“Cancel” / Knee-Jerk Culture of 2020 and beyond

ROGER SIMON: Segregation: It’s Bad and It’s Back.

The second not-so-hidden intention in all this on the part of both parties—the black separatists and their white social justice acolytes—is, for purposes of their own power, to create racism where it doesn’t exist.

Trying to convince people who aren’t racist that they are is one of the best and most efficient ways imaginable to make them one.

Racism is being manufactured before our eyes across America, indeed across the world.

Segregation is the handmaiden of racism. It makes it go. Keep the races apart and keep them hating each other.

Some of us who were involved in the original civil rights movement remember “Black and white together, we shall not be moved…”. That is no more.

Now it should be written “Black power advocates and SJWs together, we shall overcome some day.” Make that: “We have overcome!”

George Wallace has gotten his wish.

Related: What anti-racism really means and how to talk about it.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

ROGER SIMON: Segregation: It’s Bad and It’s Back.

The second not-so-hidden intention in all this on the part of both parties—the black separatists and their white social justice acolytes—is, for purposes of their own power, to create racism where it doesn’t exist.

Trying to convince people who aren’t racist that they are is one of the best and most efficient ways imaginable to make them one.

Racism is being manufactured before our eyes across America, indeed across the world.

Segregation is the handmaiden of racism. It makes it go. Keep the races apart and keep them hating each other.

Some of us who were involved in the original civil rights movement remember “Black and white together, we shall not be moved…”. That is no more.

Now it should be written “Black power advocates and SJWs together, we shall overcome some day.” Make that: “We have overcome!”

George Wallace has gotten his wish.

Related: What anti-racism really means and how to talk about it.

it's one of Chaz' demands.

1. We demand the hospitals and care facilities of Seattle employ black doctors and nurses specifically to help care for black patients.

https://medium.com/@seattleblmanon3/the-demands-of-the-collective-black-voices-at-free-capitol-hill-to-the-government-of-seattle-ddaee51d3e47

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, RiotAct said:

So far this year, there have been countless instances of companies changing the overall direction of certain products (as with some police shows on TV), or at the very least their names or logos, in response to the unrest around the country.  

Here’s one I saw this morning:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/17/business/aunt-jemima-logo-change/index.html

What do you think overall?   Good idea / bad idea?  Will this go a long way in solving the systematic racism that is so prevalent in all parts of American society?

Personally I think real maple syrup is the only way to go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Isn't art subjective?

I suppose equating an outdated brand logo with art is simply a reflection of the cartoonist and his supporters' fundamental ignorance.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

There is a 169 page and counting thread on cancelling Joe Biden in this forum but cancel culture started in 2020. 

Hey, a completely inadequate comparison by Warren..........................Who'd a thunk it !

You need to read more about what Cancel culture is.

It certainly isn't what is in the Biden thread............or for that matter in the Anti-Trump threads. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It doesn't matter Jimmy........................NOTHING will appease the Leftist mob......................stop apologizing.

Jimmy Kimmel announces summer leave amid blackface controversy

ABC's Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday announced he will be taking the summer off after facing criticism over wearing blackface in a recurring skit he performed while working on "The Man Show" on Comedy Central.

Kimmel, as a co-host of the "The Man Show," performed a recurring skit that included him dressed in blackface as then-NBA star Karl Malone. Videos and photos of the skits on the show, which ran from 1999-2004, have been circulating online recently with calls for Kimmel to apologize.

"I'm taking this summer off to spend even more time with my family," Kimmel said on Thursday night from his home studio. "There's nothing wrong. I'm healthy, my family's healthy, I just need a couple of months off."

"While I'm gone, a cavalcade of very kind and capable people will be filling in for me," the 52-year-old added.

The announcement from Kimmel comes after rival "Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon recently apologized for a blackface skit he did on "Saturday Night Live" in 2000.

“In 2000, while on SNL, I made a terrible decision to do an impersonation of Chris Rock while in blackface,” Fallon said on Twitter in late May following the police killing of African-American George Floyd in Minneapolis. “There is no excuse for this. I am very sorry for making this unquestionably offensive decision and thank all of you for holding me accountable.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

• Like (+1) 1