Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

Look - it seems there are many people that are trying to look at current events as if they are not stemmed from centuries ago.

A few things for thought:

Civil War happened because of disagreement in Slavery

Amendment 13 - Read it.  (Note that Involuntary servitude is abolished unless you commit a crime)

Right After Amendment 13 was written - Arrests of newly freed African Americans occurred in Masses. Why?  because the Southern States needed cheap labor and this is how they made a compromise with the National Government.  

After that - Segregation occurred for years and the Prison System kept growing.

After Segregation - the three strikers your out by Clinton Office (which he later admitted contributed to the problem) and guess what "The Prison System Kept Growing"

so lets skip to today.  

Our Countries Prison System owns 25% of the Worlds Prison Population while we only own 4.25% of the worlds total population.  How does that even happen.  

Many companies use Prison Labor to manufacture and package Products.  Including but not limited to Walmart, Victoria Secret, Starbucks, Kmart, Whole Foods, McDonalds, Target, etc,etc,etc.  And these aren't just these small programs.  Last number I found was it is 1.7 Billion dollar industry.  

Edited - slimmed it down to take out the added non essential points.

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Tenuous last bit there.

The prisons are overflowing because the government decided that adults can't choose what intoxicants to use, and decided there needed to be a war on drugs.

It's a failure. A complete and total failure, and it needs to end, with all sentences for non-violent drug offenders commuted. That happens, and you'll see the prison population radically reduced.

I think both you and @CaliBills are correct and neither are tenuous. 

11 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Tenuous last bit there.

The prisons are overflowing because the government decided that adults can't choose what intoxicants to use, and decided there needed to be a war on drugs.

It's a failure. A complete and total failure, and it needs to end, with all sentences for non-violent drug offenders commuted. That happens, and you'll see the prison population radically reduced.

As I posted elsewhere, the war on drugs was started in order to expand the federal police state and subjugate minorities.  It’s right there in the legislative archives.  So many horrible events throughout history have been sparked by an insane narrative about white women being victimized by men of other races - the war on drugs is an example.  There are many others.  Agree it needs to stop yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m hoping that they just remove the National Anthem from sporting events. I remember when I went to school, in your first class you said the Pledge of Allegiance. You put your hand over heart and faced the flag. I don’t even know what Mr Reiman would do if a kid kneeled or sat during the pledge. Probably a yard stick across the face.

This is probably the best solution, bolded.

I remember saying the pledge with hand over heart in elementary school.  Not sure if they do that now, or if kids even know what the Pledge of Allegiance is.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

A few markings painted on walls? Definitive prove! Forget the FBI investigation, we've got a few paintings here!

And if it was white supremists you'd ask to have them arrested.

You'll have to forgive me for being overly emotional. I've spent the past 7 days watching the Portland Police Department -- which has a long history of racism and brutality -- firing tear gas at peacefully assembled citizens -- including children -- during a pandemic that affects the lungs, shoot rubber bullets directly at protestors, fire pepper bullets at pregnant women, and unlawfully attack and arrest members of the press.

All I see is "peaceful" protesters:

More "peace":

Pure love:

If you want to be accepted as "peaceful" which is now a 1984 double-speak term make sure there is no violence. I want you to protest, but when that group is using violence and saying it's "peaceful" let it be known that's not true.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m hoping that they just remove the National Anthem from sporting events. I remember when I went to school, in your first class you said the Pledge of Allegiance. You put your hand over heart and faced the flag. I don’t even know what Mr Reiman would do if a kid kneeled or sat during the pledge. Probably a yard stick across the face.

Sounds good to me.  The less phony “look at me” patriotism, the better.

1 hour ago, Happy said:

I remember saying the pledge with hand over heart in elementary school.  Not sure if they do that now, or if kids even know what the Pledge of Allegiance is.

51 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Given who runs schools (the NEA), I doubt it.

Sure sucks that we aren’t indoctrinating our kids every morning anymore.  At least the drinking fountain budget has been cut in half.

• Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just adding on to @CaliBills post about the 13th Amendment, there's a documentary on Netflix called 13th.

I would highly advise people to watch it. It covers a lot of the points raised. Even as someone that considered themselves fairly knowledgeable about the history of the Civil Rights movement, a fair amount of it was new to me. It might help some people start to understand the sheer amount of history that's led to this moment in your countries' history.

Edited by Blokestradamus
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

And if it was white supremists you'd ask to have them arrested.

All I see is "peaceful" protesters:

More "peace":

Pure love:

If you want to be accepted as "peaceful" which is now a 1984 double-speak term make sure there is no violence. I want you to protest, but when that group is using violence and saying it's "peaceful" let it be known that's not true.

Oh fun, another person selectively posting videos of a town they don’t live in or know anything about.

If you actually read my post earlier, you saw where I pointed out that the last seven nights of protests have been predominately peaceful. That of around 10,000 daily protestors, there are 20 or so nightly arrests.I also agreed that there ARE some agitators and idiots, but those aren’t the people I’m talking about being brutalized by the police.

I can show you many articles corroborating what I’m saying — that the protests ARE primarily peaceful and lawful. I can also show you numerous videos of police attacking lawfully assembled, peaceful protestors in my city and many others. But you clearly have no interest in opening your eyes or your mind to the realities of what’s playing out on American streets each night. You’re only interested in clinging to your tired, inaccurate narrative .

Below is a link to a database that has been created for activists to upload instances of police brutality from the past week. Feel free to educate yourself before spitting more nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/george-floyd-public-spreadsheet-police-violence-videos.amp

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Oh fun, another person selectively posting videos of a town they don’t live in or know anything about.

If you actually read my post earlier, you saw where I pointed out that the last seven nights of protests have been predominately peaceful. That of around 10,000 daily protestors, there are 20 or so nightly arrests.I also agreed that there ARE some agitators and idiots, but those aren’t the people I’m talking about being brutalized by the police.

I can show you many articles corroborating what I’m saying — that the protests ARE primarily peaceful and lawful. I can also show you numerous videos of police attacking lawfully assembled, peaceful protestors in my city and many others. But you clearly have no interest in opening your eyes or your mind to the realities of what’s playing out on American streets each night. You’re only interested in clinging to your tired, inaccurate narrative .

Below is a link to a database that has been created for activists to upload instances of police brutality from the past week. Feel free to educate yourself before spitting more nonsense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/george-floyd-public-spreadsheet-police-violence-videos.amp

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/slate/

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

The article by slate only speaks of the existence of the database, which itself is not affiliated with any media outlet, but is an open source document to which anyone can contribute.

Try again.

OR, feel free to go actually WATCH some of the videos. Or read any of the dozens of articles by multiple, varied outlets reporting on the police brutality that has occurred the past week.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

The article by slate only speaks of the existence of the database, which itself is not affiliated with any media outlet, but is an open source document to which anyone can contribute.

Try again.

OR, feel free to go actually WATCH some of the videos. Or read any of the dozens of articles by multiple, varied outlets reporting on the police brutality that has occurred the past week.

Food for thought.:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Happy said:

4 hours ago, Billl said:

Sounds good to me.  The less phony “look at me” patriotism, the better.

Sure sucks that we aren’t indoctrinating our kids every morning anymore.  At least the drinking fountain budget has been cut in half.

Maybe you guys don't have kids, idk, but they've got my children reciting the pledge of allegiance every morning, including during the virtual schooling of the last few months.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rico said:

there is a chart right below the bias line that indicates the veracity of the source in question.  In this case, Slate is rated High. 

By contrast, if you look at the report regarding Fox News it says it has a right bias, but the factual reporting is two levels lower at Mixed. 

I think both measures are probably important. 

55 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Maybe you guys don't have kids, idk, but they've got my children reciting the pledge of allegiance every morning, including during the virtual schooling of the last few months.

Really?  Gross.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rico said:

I'm not sure what your point is here?  I salute you for seeking out a fact-checking site - SAL-UTE! 

It rates slate as having high factual reporting, with a strong left bias in how the facts are presented.

In the case of Logic's link, it goes to a database full of links to videos etc.

59 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Really?  Wow I'm not sure my kid knows it

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure what your point is here?  I salute you for seeking out a fact-checking site - SAL-UTE! 

It rates slate as having high factual reporting, with a strong left bias in how the facts are presented.

it is optional for my highschooler, but it is said every day by those who wish to recite it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Billl said:

Really?  Gross.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have mixed feelings. I'm certainly not big on indoctrination, nationalism, or overt acts of patriotism. But, I will say that over the last few months, as my kids had to endure online schooling from home, I have come to appreciate it. The principle of their school started every morning with it, and always made it weirdly fun and entertaining. It kind of anchored the day for them. It was the starting point of the day, and it helped them shift into academic mode, and focus. It helped them stay connected to the school, and their community. Maintaining that connection was a challenge.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I have mixed feelings. I'm certainly not big on indoctrination, nationalism, or overt acts of patriotism. But, I will say that over the last few months, as my kids had to endure online schooling from home, I have come to appreciate it. The principle of their school started every morning with it, and always made it weirdly fun and entertaining. It kind of anchored the day for them. It was the starting point of the day, and it helped them shift into academic mode, and focus. It helped them stay connected to the school, and their community. Maintaining that connection was a challenge.

as long as people are teaching their kids that these things are purely notional, symbolic gestures that don’t really enforce any values in any real way, I suppose they’re fine. They’re reciting poems to a piece of cloth after all.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Logic said:

If you actually read my post earlier, you saw where I pointed out that the last seven nights of protests have been predominately peaceful....

Yes of course they will only show the WHOLE picture. They would never refuse to show what caused it. (/Sarcasm off)

This is a parody like asking a 4 yr old why he did something and they just blame it on the 2 yr old and it's never the 4 yr olds fault.

Predominantly peaceful is double-speak. If any other group wasn't so protected by the media they would be screaming it was a terrorist organization with so many fires, destroyed businesses, and police injured and people hurt and killed.

Make this same group the KKK and let's see how peaceful the media would see them.

Oh wait, we don't have to go even that far, just protest the quarantine and people were arrested for merely asking other people on Facebook to join them. The media was portraying them as extremists.

But here's the strangest thing: they didn't burn anything, hurt people, destroy the neighborhood BUT they were the extremists full time in the media. Now it's all peaceful with real violence.

This is a political movement whose aim is to change America with destroying free speech, jobs, and threats. Then if you disagree you want them to shut up. Tell that to the journalists who lost jobs, teachers, and athletes who just questioned if this was all above board. Why? The mob questioned them as racists and forced their employers to bend to their will.

Then show me all the people who lost jobs, forced to apologize, and left to rot as social misfits for protesting the quarantine. Strange huh?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Only who fact-checks the fact-checkers? 

“Facts” can be like stats, they can be manipulated in many ways. That’s why I think it’s best to determine where a person or source is coming from first, whether it’s Fox News or Slate.Com.

Bottom line, trust nothing but your own instincts. Use the force, Luke.