Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stuvian

NFL player sues United Airlines

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Having been on the other side of the door, there are very specific protocols regarding passenger behavior that start with a mere discussion with the passenger and escalate to a diversion and unscheduled landing with full law enforcement armed boarding based on the situation.

 

If the issue seemed to be resolved with nobody suggesting legal action against the woman while on board, that would be the end of it.

It happens,

If there was thought that there was a chance that a sexual assault had occurred, there certainly would have been reports and follow ups.

 

Again, there is no effort whatsoever to provide the other side of the story, but it may be that there wasn't any thought that anything serious happened and the issue was resolved by separation.

Happens often enough.

 

What also happens often enough is the chatting among folks starts after the event and a lawyer is found who is willing to roll the dice with a lawsuit. Airlines deal with lawsuits like that all the time. Rarely do they ever make it to court, and are often dismissed without any settlement.

 

 

 

All good points.  Pretty obvious that the crew didn't agree this rose to wha they are trained to alert authorities about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

This is not a complicated case. Was a report made by the crew? Was the pilot informed of the commotion? I assume he/she was. Was security at the arrival airport notified in order to interview those involved? 

 

I don't know what you disagree with. Assuming the story as written is true the woman's behavior without question crossed the legal line. Grabbing someone's sausage without consent is an illegal act! That doesn't always mean that there is an arrest but in this case it should have led to a report and interviews post flight. 

 

Both of us don't have the full story. But from the story that was given it does appear to me that the crew didn't do what was required in dealing with this sausage grabbing incident. 

 

I'm clearly disagreeing with your conclusion that you know that what happened on the plane 'without question" should have prompted them to have to cops waiting to take this woman away.  Why would they? The two plaintiffs didn't even think this was necessary, obviously.  Did they file any report with authorities?  No.  They waited 3 months then sued the airline.

 

Again, the trained professionals who responded to the complaint handled it with a verbal warning and then with a move of the passenger.  End of story.  No one, not the flight crew, nor the plaintiffs, thought this rose to a criminal offense or thought a criminal investigation was necessary.  Therefore, none of what you are concluding makes any sense whatsoever.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Mr. WEO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

I'm clearly disagreeing with your conclusion that you know that what happened on the plane 'without question" should have prompted them to have to cops waiting to take this woman away.  Why would they? The two plaintiffs didn't even think this was necessary, obviously.  Did they file any report with authorities?  No.  

 

Again, the trained professionals who responded to the complaint handled it with a verbal warning and then with a move of the passenger.  End of story.  No one, not the flight crew, nor the plaintiffs, thought this rose to a criminal offense or thought a criminal investigation was necessary.  Therefore, none of what you are concluding makes any sense whatsoever.

 

 

 

 

Both of us are responding to a written story that isn't necessarily a complete reflection of what actually happened. I am comfortable in my position that based on the story that both of us are responding to that documented reports should have been made of the complaint and incident/s. Now that there is a legal response by the complainant those reports would have been useful as a response. So based on what should have been an obvious and basic response I strenuously disagree with your position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Both of us are responding to a written story that isn't necessarily a complete reflection of what actually happened. I am comfortable in my position that based on the story that both of us are responding to that documented reports should have been made of the complaint and incident/s. Now that there is a legal response by the complainant those reports would have been useful as a response. So based on what should have been an obvious and basic response I strenuously disagree with your position. 

 

 

The plaintiffs disagree with you.  Not only that, there is no mention of them pursuing any criminal investigation after the flight.  Did they even head to the airline representative at the destination airport to file a complaint of any kind?  Why didn't they demand "a documented report" be made if they thought one was necessary?

 

You are free in your beliefs.  Mine are based of the evidence we have.  None of it supports your belief.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing reminds me of the new Netflix move "The Wrong Missy" airplane scene when he wakes up from his dog tranquilizer. MUST SEE COMEDY for those who like to laugh...

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 21, 2020 at 10:38 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

If I had a nickle for every time some random woman massaged by grundles on an airplane...

 

 

......you'd have one Canadian nickel?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

 

If a woman who was a professional athlete or simply a fit woman who could kick most men's asses was on the receiving end of another passenger who grabbed their breasts and other private part what would be the response? The issue isn't who could beat up who but the transgressive behavior in of itself. 

 

My position is that at the minimum the flight staff should have more aggressively responded, made notifications and documented the incident. By doing that they also protect themselves and the company from the person transgressed who later made the claim that the staff didn't adequately respond. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

 

My position is that at the minimum the flight staff should have more aggressively responded, made notifications and documented the incident. By doing that they also protect themselves and the company from the person transgressed who later made the claim that the staff didn't adequately respond. 

 

My "position" is that you have no idea what really happened, how it was presented to the folks with their jobs on the line or anything else,other that the plaintiff's attorney statement. 

The best policy is to refrain from a "position," until you know both sides, or in this case three.

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sherpa said:

 

My "position" is that you have no idea what really happened, how it was presented to the folks with their jobs on the line or anything else,other that the plaintiff's attorney statement. 

The best policy is to refrain from a "position," until you know both sides, or in this case three.

You missed the point. By not at the minimum documenting the incident the airline staff put the company in a vulnerable position. 

Edited by JohnC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. You missed the point.

The point is that you have no idea what really happened, let alone how it was reported or responded to.

Until those things are addressed, judgement is a waste of time.

 

Silly lawsuits happen all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

She later admitted that she had been drinking and had taken unspecified pills. 

Ambien and liquor will do that to you. Ambien alone does it for some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, boater said:

Ambien and liquor will do that to you. Ambien alone does it for some people.

 

Xanax, which is frequently taken by people uncomfortable with flying, plus alcohol can make you lose your mind! 

 

I have a friend who took an Ambien one night and did not remember the next day that he had driven around town to visit people. He still takes a half or a quarter in some situations, but I’m not touching it. That was just too scary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sherpa said:

 

My "position" is that you have no idea what really happened, how it was presented to the folks with their jobs on the line or anything else,other that the plaintiff's attorney statement. 

The best policy is to refrain from a "position," until you know both sides, or in this case three.


we are on a message board shooting out opinions. 
 

if he wanted to go start a rally on the courthouse steps, sure, chill out... but it’s fine to go with a “based on the little we know I think this” conversation. He didn’t chisel anything into stone here.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JohnC said:

You missed the point. By not at the minimum documenting the incident they put the airline staff put the company in a vulnerable position. 

 

Do you think they, at the end of each flight, "document" every passenger complaint ("this person did [something] to me!")?  Nope.

 

Some "writeup" wouldn't have changed the likelihood these 2 guys were planning on suing....rather than themselves bringing this assault, this crime to the proper authorities.   Did they go to the authorities?  Did they go to the airline reps upon landing?    You said the flight crew did  nothing, yet the suit itself documents that they twice responded--first with a verbal warning, second by removing her from the row.

 

Unless you can document some evidence that they were required by....anyone...to document that complaint, you should probably lay off this line of reasoning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Do you think they, at the end of each flight, "document" every passenger complaint ("this person did [something] to me!")?  Nope.

 

Some "writeup" wouldn't have changed the likelihood these 2 guys were planning on suing....rather than themselves bringing this assault, this crime to the proper authorities.   Did they go to the authorities?  Did they go to the airline reps upon landing?    You said the flight crew did  nothing, yet the suit itself documents that they twice responded--first with a verbal warning, second by removing her from the row.

 

Unless you can document some evidence that they were required by....anyone...to document that complaint, you should probably lay off this line of reasoning.  

Any complaint made that someone without consent grabbed your sausage on a flight absolutely should and would get written up! And especially if the staff had to respond by moving people. 

 

With respect to your question of would the documenting of the incident forestall the filing of a lawsuit, don't get silly. Of course it wouldn't have. People do what they want to do. What it would have done is officially note how they responded to the incident. And in this case it certainly have been helpful in responding to maybe a baseless or not lawsuit. The documenting of the incident would have better protected the interest of the airline and staff, not hurt it. 

 

You don't think that in a hospital setting if a patient made a complaint about an inappropriate touching by another patient or staff member that the incident wouldn't be documented? You don't think that in a school setting if a student made a complaint about an inappropriate touching by another student or staff member it wouldn't be documented? What you don't understand is that your informal and incomplete response (not documenting) to this type of incident makes the company and staff more legally vulnerable.  

Edited by JohnC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Francesa is an idiot.  What's the guy going to do to protect himself?  Punch her?  Yeah.  In this day and age, that would end well.  Moron.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 12:50 PM, purple haze said:

The woman was out of hand.  The pills and alcohol loosened her inhibitions to an untenable degree.  Flight personnel should have stepped in when made aware.  If you are the NFL guy you don't want your name in the news for even the perception that you mistreated/abused this woman in anyway.  If you are two black men, you do not want the perception that you've done something to this white woman, who is "drunk" and her perceptions are off.  They were right to go to the flight personnel.

 

 

It was TB12 ;)

 

He only wants Gronks junk....in the shower ;)

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...