Trump v Vance

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well yeah it is seeing we have to put up with it here. Regardless it’s just a very strange way to go through life. 

Aren’t you and others being jerks in this thread? Is this a cooking thread? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

By being a jerk yes. You even talk about smoking. But instead of joining the fun you become a jerk. Par for the course. Carry on. 

I made a joke. Do you believe that the joke was crass and classless? 

I've tried to make cheese (mozzarella) a few times, but getting regular pasteurized milk is problematic. The Ultra Pasteurization process is done at a higher temperature, and the higher heat makes the proteins in the milk less able to coagulate into a good curd. I've given up for awhile. Getting a supply of good milk is the real key to making cheese. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Wife is not keen at all on fatty meats . She wants the bacon extra-extra crispy, and trims all the fat off everything.

Seriously, have you ever boiled bacon? Lay the bacon out in a frying pan and cover it with water. Turn on high until it boils. Turn down heat to a gentle boil. When it starts to sizzle all of the water has evaporated so turn it down to a very low heat. Let it continue to cook until it meets what you want. It's almost impossible to make it brittle but you can actually cook it to the point where nearly all the fat is gone but it's still remains chewy. One good aspect of this is that you don't need to even cover the frying pan---no splatter whatsoever. Your wife will thank you. Tell her I said so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

GoodnaturedPleasedDunlin-size_restricted

To be fair, Obama never had to argue before the Supreme Court that he was above the law to protect himself from the law :)

Oh, and wasn't Obama a two term president? ?

3 hours ago, BillZtime said:

Can you imagine if Obama didn't release his taxes?

Or argued before the Supreme court he was totally above the law! 

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

GoodnaturedPleasedDunlin-size_restricted

He ate it. Had to have eaten it. You don’t strategically extract a boog, give it a loving eye and causally wipe it off your finger unto your fresh pressed suit pants. You slide that finger discreetly to your lips and lap it up.

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

He ate it. Had to have eaten it. You don’t strategically extract a boog, give it a loving eye and causally wipe it off your finger unto your fresh pressed suit pants. You slide that finger discreetly to your lips and lap it up.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

I've tried to make cheese (mozzarella) a few times, but getting regular pasteurized milk is problematic. The Ultra Pasteurization process is done at a higher temperature, and the higher heat makes the proteins in the milk less able to coagulate into a good curd. I've given up for awhile. Getting a supply of good milk is the real key to making cheese. 

I’ve never had an issue with mozzarella cheese.  I just get regular whole milk at the store. What are you issuing to make the curd? 

8 hours ago, Chris farley said:

I picked up this 15 pound brisket at Sam's for 3.98$ a pound.  It's in the fridge now getting a cold brine till tonight.  it's gonna go on the pellet grill (competition blend) till an internal temp of 170 or so.  Then its gonna get wrapped in peach paper with a splash of bourbon till an internal of 195.  Gonna finish it by  wrapping in a towel and putting in a cooler for an hour. 

After all that, gonna deliver a hot plate of brisket, beans, greens, and Mac and cheese to mom for a mother's day dinner.  

You have me craving burnt ends.

I think the China box is comming out next weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I get most of my curing equipment ingredients from The Sausage Maker. 

I need to load up my curing box. All my charcuterie I made over the holidays is gone. I’ve been so fricken busy lately. I’ll make some cheese too. Made some goat cheese a few weeks ago. Easiest cheese to make! 

My daughter is just getting into the kitchen, would love to have her try that.  Have a good recipe or is that one to just google?

13 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

My daughter is just getting into the kitchen, would love to have her try that.  Have a good recipe or is that one to just google?

Dude it is soooooo easy.  Goat milk (Trader Joe’s carries it) cider vinegar. And seasoned with whatever. Here is the recipe I used. Butter muslin is cheesecloth.  After the curd has drained put it in a bowl and season with kosher salt and whatever you want. Then roll into a cylinder and wrap in plastic. 

https://www.culturesforhealth.com/learn/recipe/cheese-recipes/goat-cheese-cider-vinegar/

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Who knew there were so many Vances.  

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The progressive world where someone who disagrees is an enemy of the state, not a different opinion.  

No, you guys are the ones discrediting the media and promoting the lies of Trump. Your leader is a pathological liar. You people are unbelievable. 

Now Trump is trying to get the Supreme Court to rule he is above the law, and you guys hope they do it. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, you guys are the ones discrediting the media and promoting the lies of Trump. Your leader is a pathological liar. You people are unbelievable. 

Now Trump is trying to get the Supreme Court to rule he is above the law, and you guys hope they do it. 

When you say "law", which particular statute are you referring to?