Trump v Vance

What is at stake is no less than the accountability of a president to the rule of law.

Mr. Trump claims that a president has “temporary absolute immunity,” meaning he cannot be criminally investigated while in office. Indeed, in oral argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York, his lawyers said that if the president were to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, he could not be investigated or indicted until after he left office.

WTF?? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

What is at stake is no less than the accountability of a president to the rule of law.

Mr. Trump claims that a president has “temporary absolute immunity,” meaning he cannot be criminally investigated while in office. Indeed, in oral argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in New York, his lawyers said that if the president were to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, he could not be investigated or indicted until after he left office.

WTF?? 

Did he shoot someone on Fifth Avenue? 

7 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Did he shoot someone on Fifth Avenue? 

Lol, we don’t know, they are blocking any investigations. 

You are totally ok with this? How do you want the to court to rule? 

If Trump loses he loses his sacred transparency 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did Trump shoot someone on Fifth Avenue? 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think before I knee jerk reply to this (my knee jerk reaction is no one should above the law) we have to discuss this. Why Is a sitting President immune from indictment?  

47 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

The brisket is ready to grill.  I'll make the potato salad after breakfast this morning.

Keep us posted.

It's certainly more interesting than the thin gruel above this post.

• Like (+1) 1

We’re going to order today from the restaurant we would of taken my 93year old mom to. We’re getting her Thanksgiving on a plate. 

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Keep us posted.

It's certainly more interesting than the thin gruel above this post.

And I took my own advice (yeah yeah I know) and bought a corned beef to be turned into pastrami. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Vance means "Dweller of Bog" or "One who lives near the Marshland" and it's of an English Origin.

Vance, AL -- U.S. town in Alabama

Population (2000): 500

Vance, SC -- U.S. town in South Carolina
Population (2000): 208

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Stormy. That’s illegal, ya know. Hush money corrupts elections. 

Are you afraid to answer how you would rule? 

Trump didn't know about the payment.  Apparently it came out of petty cash.  oh wait, he did know about it, but it came out of his personal money

Edited by daz28

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Trump didn't know about the payment.  Apparently it came out of petty cash.  oh wait, he did know about it, but it came out of his personal money

And we are only lowly citizens anyway, the big President shouldn’t have to answer for his crime, he’s too busy eating Big Macs and playing golf 

15 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Who did he pay?

Everyone. Didn’t you know that?

From Stormy “I made it up, no wait, I didn’t. Hold on I guess I did. Avenatti put it in my Butt and now it’s being put in his so I can tell the truth now” Daniels, all the way to the urinating Russian hookers at the Kremlin when Trump was visiting and discussing the election with Putin in 2016 days before they released thousands of spy monkeys to take away the election from Hillary “What difference, at this point, does it make” Clinton. 

And now Trump is plotting to overthrow the US Government and mandate that everyone be racist, sexist, homophobic and bigoted in order to be a citizen. 

Naturally, he is working to postpone the next election so he can continue to destroy us. I heard the new country he has been colluding with is Bhutan. Schiff has all of that info and more. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Reality Check said:

Specify which case. The murder?

The case we are talking about in this thread. Before the Supreme Court. Be careful though, all the other Trumpsters are watching your answer, they will not like it if you answer at all. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

And we are only lowly citizens anyway, the big President shouldn’t have to answer for his crime, he’s too busy eating Big Macs and playing golf 

He's allowed to commit crimes, because if we tell him he's committing crimes it's too distracting for a man/woman of presidential stature.  This immunity thing may be the stupidest thing that comes out of this whole presidency.  Sure, like you can hold an impeachment anytime there's a legal controversy.  This government is going to be a mess going forward no matter who's in power.

Just now, Tiberius said:

The case we are talking about in this thread. Before the Supreme Court. Be careful though, all the other Trumpsters are watching your answer, they will not like it if you answer at all. 

I get the feeling you have no idea what is going on...at all. Specify the statute(s) that he is being charged with. 

Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

Everyone. Didn’t you know that?

From Stormy “I made it up, no wait, I didn’t. Hold on I guess I did. Avenatti put it in my Butt and now it’s being put in his so I can tell the truth now” Daniels, all the way to the urinating Russian hookers at the Kremlin when Trump was visiting and discussing the election with Putin in 2016 days before they released thousands of spy monkeys to take away the election from Hillary “What difference, at this point, does it make” Clinton. 

And now Trump is plotting to overthrow the US Government and mandate that everyone be racist, sexist, homophobic and bigoted in order to be a citizen. 

Naturally, he is working to postpone the next election so he can continue to destroy us. I heard the new country he has been colluding with is Bhutan. Schiff has all of that info and more. 

Lol, yup, Cohen went to jail for fun! 

I get the feeling you have no idea what is going on...at all. Specify the statute(s) that he is being charged with. 

He can't be charged.  Have you ever heard of Bill Barr?

You Trumpers are great at playing dumb. It just come naturally I guess. 

Which case? 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

He's allowed to commit crimes, because if we tell him he's committing crimes it's too distracting for a man/woman of presidential stature.  This immunity thing may be the stupidest thing that comes out of this whole presidency.  Sure, like you can hold an impeachment anytime there's a legal controversy.  This government is going to be a mess going forward no matter who's in power.

A mess by design. Does anyone think the Republican power brokers would care if democracy died? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You Trumpers are great at playing dumb. It just come naturally I guess. 

Which case? 

When a lefty has to make their case with specifics, this is how every conversation goes. They get dramatic, and cast aspersions. I ask a simple question of legality, and you hide. Happy Mothers Day by the way. It's a beautiful day outside.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A mess by design. Does anyone think the Republican power brokers would care if democracy died? 

A mess they will have to deal with when the Democrats are in power, and start beaming up all the aliens from Mexico under an executive emergency order, and giving them drivers licenses, health care, and happy meals.  Their heads are going to explode

Edited by daz28