No football til mid October??? -Carucci

Been saying that the season will be delayed. There is no reason to start on time. Move everything back. NFL has this luxury because March, April, and May are typically slow for sports. They can move the playoffs and super bowl back. 

NFL has to account for the possibility that flu season will be bad and could interrupt the season. I've actually said they should postpone until December or January just to make sure COVID-19 is under control. Nothing wrong with a shortened season into the spring time. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Been saying that the season will be delayed. There is no reason to start on time. Move everything back. NFL has this luxury because March, April, and May are typically slow for sports. They can move the playoffs and super bowl back. 

This is the 1st I’ve heard anything relatively official, but it isn’t a sport you can remove fans from. 

At least I never want to envision a game without fans..?

yeah, of course we can wait a couple more months, but I DON’T WANT TO!?

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

This is the 1st I’ve heard anything relatively official, but it isn’t a sport you can remove fans from. 

At least I never want to envision a game without fans..?

yeah, of course we can wait a couple more months, but I DON’T WANT TO!?

The alternatives are worse IMO. I'de much rather wait then have 10-12 games or more without fans. Also the possibility that this won't be controlled by flu season and the season is stopped before the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

Well at least we would be playing home games in January!!!!! 

I kid, I kid. 

Interested in my fellow TSWers view though. My preference would be to start a few weeks later if necessary and still play a full season. Is that the consensus? Or would others prefer a truncated season on the normal timetable (ie. still playoffs in Jan and Superbowl first Sunday of Feb?)

Edited by GunnerBill

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I kid, I kid. 

Interested in my fellow TSWers view though. My preference would be to start a few weeks later if necessary and still play a full season. Is that the consensus? Or would others prefer a truncated season on the normal timetable?

Bro, if it’s gotta be, it’s gotta be. Much as I hate the current unknown, I’m good with a late February SB and a full season.

But I’ll TAKE anything!

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I kid, I kid. 

Interested in my fellow TSWers view though. My preference would be to start a few weeks later if necessary and still play a full season. Is that the consensus? Or would others prefer a truncated season on the normal timetable (ie. still playoffs in Jan and Superbowl first Sunday of Feb?)

I want as close to a full season as possible, even if that means a Super Bowl in April.  The season could then be "shifted" back over the course of two seasons, and by 2023 be back to normal.

• Like (+1) 4

The only option i see is playing with no fans and isolating the players and staff together. Even as Covid-19 starts to drop, it is suppose to spike back up in the fall. If a fan gets sick at a game and dies. The NFL and team will be sued. It will not get back till normal until a vaccine. Which best case scenario we will have by late 2020, early 2021.

Edited by Cal

man, I must be really dumb. I thought the worry was this thing comes BACK in the fall, after it dies down in the summer, and comes back to coincide with flu season. Does this plan not start up exactly when Fuaci said this thig is coming  back?

3 things here

1) You can be damn sure EVERONE is getting a flu shot this year..just as a civic duty. I never get a flu shot, will this year.

2) Would it not make sense to start the season early, have training camps while the Covid is on summer vacation, and pause the season if outbreaks start to happen in November and December?

3) I am still optimistic we will have herd immunity over the next 4 months..games will be held as normal, must vulnerable will be asked to stay at home, temps will be taken at gate ( for appearances only) and masks will worn. How we gunna drink beers is a question, but I am sure some genius will figure that out

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

NFL has to account for the possibility that flu season will be bad and could interrupt the season. I've actually said they should postpone until December or January just to make sure COVID-19 is under control. Nothing wrong with a shortened season into the spring time. 

Starting late and ending late is great for southern cities or teams with domes- everyone else, not so much. A few snow games towards the end is tolerable but not 1/2 the games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Starting late and ending late is great for southern cities or teams with domes- everyone else, not so much. A few snow games towards the end is tolerable but not 1/2 the games.

This may just be the spark for the Downtown Dome crowd. Pegs spent million$ on a study that’s likely gonna get flushed down the toilet after a full season of snow games..

juss sayin’

P.S. I’m on the Dome Team.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This may just be the spark for the Downtown Dome crowd. Pegs spent million$ on a study that’s likely gonna get flushed down the toilet after a full season of snow games..

juss sayin’

P.S. I’m on the Dome Team.

aint gunna be money from the state, feds, NFL, or Pegs for a new stadium, dont care what that study says.

Unless we in a depression, and a new WPA is in place to combat the 20% unemployment..then i wont have money for tickets anyway LOL

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2