Lil Kim Reported Dead

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

His sister is more ruthless and brutal from all accounts. Her asscension would face three challenges: from within, from China, and from the west — all three factions think she’s a destabilizing force. 

She would only stay in power with bloodshed within her own borders first, and then flag waiving at both China and the west second. That means increased hostility not less. 

Big deal, Trump knows how to handle women. 

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

Now, I give it less than 0.000000001% chance, but wouldn't it be something if Kim wound up in South Korea, healthy?

South Korea has the most to lose from a Kim Jung Un death. They could see a deluge of refugees flood across the border. It makes sense for them to adamantly deny that anything has happened to Kim Jong Un. The entire peninsula has a chance to fall into chaos upon his death, if a similar leader doesn’t immediately step up. They are likely just trying to quell any fear while they gather and assess the facts of the situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ummm you really think China is gonna let that happen?

You beat to it.  China is not going to allow the possibility of US forces and missiles just outside of its border.  Xi is probably meeting with his top intelligence people to determine action to place a PRC lapdog in power if possible.

9 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Big deal, Trump knows how to handle women. 

You waiting by Rte 39 for the bus to Olean?  Remember shampoo on the paper towel dispenser in the men's room to clean up before your appointment this morning.  I hope all goes well.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ummm you really think China is gonna let that happen?

I do not believe that China has the leverage currently to prevent it. NK is more of a liability in the current geopolitical landscape. Also, China is increasing its focus on managing its own population right now, and those internal pressures are profound. I don't see China even as a unified country in 20 years. We must remember that China has been feeble historically against its neighbors. Vietnam defeated them 3 times alone. Just my opinion of course, and I do admit to being an optimist.?

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You waiting by Rte 39 for the bus to Olean?  Remember shampoo on the paper towel dispenser in the men's room to clean up before your appointment this morning.  I hope all goes well.

Morning re tard Rob! Still off by about 2000 miles. Try again! 

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I do not believe that China has the leverage currently to prevent it. NK is more of a liability in the current geopolitical landscape. Also, China is increasing its focus on managing its own population right now, and those internal pressures are profound. I don't see China even as a unified country in 20 years. We must remember that China has been feeble historically against its neighbors. Vietnam defeated them 3 times alone. Just my opinion of course, and I do admit to being an optimist.?

Japan had them on the ropes at one point during the 20th Century but that is not the China which exists today.  China most likely is potent enough to defend itself and exert force just outside its borders.  There no doubt is unrest but that is more than offset by a strong fear of a powerful central government via its secret police.

1 minute ago, Q-baby! said:

Morning re tard Rob! Still off by about 2000 miles. Try again! 

I try to show some concern for a fellow board member and this is the thanks I get?  Attempting to diminish the perceived threat of another person via loathsome insults shows you are not progressing in your therapy.  I''m afraid that the "R" restricted wing of Strong Memorial Hospital lays ahead for you.

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I actually thought the rapper Lil' Kim had passed when I read this.  Good to know that she has not died.  

Her career did.  Years ago.  And I can't forgive her for what she did to her face.

10 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Japan had them on the ropes at one point during the 20th Century but that is not the China which exists today.  China most likely is potent enough to defend itself and exert force just outside its borders.  There no doubt is unrest but that is more than offset by a strong fear of a powerful central government via its secret police.

China cannot extend any Naval force structure outside of the South China Sea and sustain a naval conflict. Japan is the number 2 Navy in the world. The media refused to report on the fact that in recent months, the Japanese and Americans agreed that Japan's Navy would act as a junior military partner and begin patrolling the oil routes from the Strait of Hormuz into the South China Sea. China cannot guarantee the security of the resources necessary to sustain 1.5 billion people. Also, you are not taking into consideration the ethnic concentrations within their military as opposed to that of the CCP. There is real friction there. JMO, but these are well established trends now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

China cannot extend any Naval force structure outside of the South China Sea and sustain a naval conflict. Japan is the number 2 Navy in the world. The media refused to report on the fact that in recent months, the Japanese and Americans agreed that Japan's Navy would act as a junior military partner and begin patrolling the oil routes from the Strait of Hormuz into the South China Sea. China cannot guarantee the security of the resources necessary to sustain 1.5 billion people. Also, you are not taking into consideration the ethnic concentrations within their military as opposed to that of the CCP. There is real friction there. JMO, but these are well established trends now. 

China not having a large blue-water navy was a very valid point in the past, however, it is growing. Their ground game has  lots of volume. One thing China has a lot of is people... and I am not sure how much the government cares about them. My guess would be "not a lot."  Then there are bombs and they do have nuclear weapons.

I like your optimism but I just do not see China allowing Korea to unify. I would love to be wrong about that and I freely admit I no expert.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Back to North Korea China could make things very ugly on the peninsula if the power shift did not go their way.  Then there would be Putin's reaction to the unfolding action there.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

China not having a large blue-water navy was a very valid point in the past, however, it is growing. Their ground game has  lots of volume. One thing China has a lot of is people... and I am not sure how much the government cares about them. My guess would be "not a lot."  Then there are bombs and they do have nuclear weapons.

I like your optimism but I just do not see China allowing Korea to unify. I would love to be wrong about that and I freely admit I no expert.

Having a large navy is not important for China in terms of a conflict on the Korean Peninsula.  I suspect that Russia covertly will support the Chinese meaning China will get all the supplies it needs via a land or air route.  Russia might even support China out in the open.  

19 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Back to North Korea China could make things very ugly on the peninsula if the power shift did not go their way.  Then there would be Putin's reaction to the unfolding action there.

The problem with what you describe is that neither Russia nor China can afford any chaos that yields a Korean refugee crisis. The global economic collapse must be factored into their decision making. South Korea is protecting Kim in Seoul as we speak. SK needs economic growth in a bad way right now, and reunification will solve that problem.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Having a large navy is not important for China in terms of a conflict on the Korean Peninsula.  I suspect that Russia covertly will support the Chinese meaning China will get all the supplies it needs via a land or air route.  Russia might even support China out in the open.  

I will just agree to disagree at this point. My assessment has a different read on the current motivations of the players described, so we will clearly disagree on strategy and tactics of participants as a result. Time will tell as it always does. Have a great day brother.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

The problem with what you describe is that neither Russia nor China can afford any chaos that yields a Korean refugee crisis. The global economic collapse must be factored into their decision making. South Korea is protecting Kim in Seoul as we speak. SK needs economic growth in a bad way right now, and reunification will solve that problem.

North Korea is resource poor plus would raise unemployment in a united Korea.  Not too worried in terms of a refugee crisis for Russia or China.  Most would flee to the South creating a problem for SK and the USA.  The remaining refugees that did go to the North would face very unsavory prospects including camps that would bring on quick starvation.  Brutal in terms that we understand but most likely viewed as necessary by the regimes running China and Russia.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

North Korea is resource poor plus would raise unemployment in a united Korea.  Not too worried in terms of a refugee crisis for Russia or China.  Most would flee to the South creating a problem for SK and the USA.  The remaining refugees that did go to the North would face very unsavory prospects including camps that would bring on quick starvation.  Brutal in terms that we understand but most likely viewed as necessary by the regimes running China and Russia.

Official Pentagon reports over the past decade estimate that North Korea is sitting on about 6 trillion dollars in rare earth minerals. Again, I will politely just agree to disagree as I don't have much in common with you as to assessing the Korean peninsula. I just read it totally different, that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Official Pentagon reports over the past decade estimate that North Korea is sitting on about 6 trillion dollars in rare earth minerals. Again, I will politely just agree to disagree as I don't have much in common with you as to assessing the Korean peninsula. I just read it totally different, that's all.

As I understand it most of those minerals require great effort to get at and most likely would require outside investment to do so.  Investors would want to be assured of stability before committing to extraction.  While our views are dissimilar I don't mind hearing about a different take on the matter.  Peace.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

As I understand it most of those minerals require great effort to get at and most likely would require outside investment to do so.  Investors would want to be assured of stability before committing to extraction.  While our views are dissimilar I don't mind hearing about a different take on the matter.  Peace.

This is how polite disagreement happens. Well done to both you and @Reality Check

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

You really think Joe is going to have to deal with NK? 

I heard that your appointment at the county building did not go well.  You received a body cavity search?  Seriously?  I warned you to take this seriously.  For now it looks like you will able to continue squatting by the Norfolk Southern tracks.  By the way automotive type antifreeze has the wrong type of alcohol in it for human consumption even if diluted with corn silage squeeze-ins.  Social worker coming to see you this Wednesday at 1:30 PM to check on your garden and to make sure feces are properly disposed of.

27 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I heard that your appointment at the county building did not go well.  You received a body cavity search?  Seriously?  I warned you to take this seriously.  For now it looks like you will able to continue squatting by the Norfolk Southern tracks.  By the way automotive type antifreeze has the wrong type of alcohol in it for human consumption even if diluted with corn silage squeeze-ins.  Social worker coming to see you this Wednesday at 1:30 PM to check on your garden and to make sure feces are properly disposed of.

I really don’t care about your personal life. 

22 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We are not discussing me but yourself.  This continued denial you keep pursuing will only land you in an institution.  As a fellow Bills fan please get the help that you need.

Thanks for the advice! It really means a lot coming from you!