What Middle Round Draft Prospects could fit the Bill (Rounds 3-5)

Wizard

What middle round prospects do you believe fit the Bills "process" culture, draft needs, and may honestly be available in rounds 3-5? 

Knowing that the Bills will likely value quality over quantity with this year's draft picks, what kind of players may become starters down the line and serve as solid backup depth?

My Middle Round Difference Makers (Rounds 3-5)  ***Bolded players are my favorite

Offense

QB Nate Stanley (Round 5 or Round 6)

RB's Michael Warren (Round 4 or 5) & Lamical Perine (Rounds 3 or 4)

WR's Collin Johnson (Round 3), Van Jefferson (Round 3 or 4), Jauan Jennings (Round 5)

TE  Jared Pinkney (Round 3 or 4)

OT/OG  Jake Driscoll (Round 4 or 5), Alex Taylor (Round 4 or 5), Jon Runyan Jr. (Round 5 or 6)

Defense

DE/DT  Jonathan Garvin (Round 5), Nick Coe (Round 3 or 4), James Lynch (Round 3 or 4)

ILB/OLB   Markus Bailey (Round 3 or 4), Troy Dye (Round 3 or 4), Cam Brown (Round 3)

CB/FS/SS  Troy Pride (Round 3 or 4), Stanford Samuels II (Round 4 or 5)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Some guys I like ..

DE Jabari Zuniga Round 3
C Tyler Biadasz Round 4

WR Quintez Cephus Round 5-6

If Biadasz is there in round 4 he is an absolute bargain. I don't see it. He is 23rd on my big board. Beast. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Biadasz is there in round 4 he is an absolute bargain. I don't see it. He is 23rd on my big board. Beast. 

His stock seems to have dropped quite a bit these last few months... maybe unlikely he lasts to round 4 

He really should have come out last year... would have been a 1st Round... 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

His stock seems to have dropped quite a bit these last few months... maybe unlikely he lasts to round 4 

He really should have come out last year... would have been a 1st Round... 

He got hurt in 19 and it did affect his play but he was still pretty good. If he makes it past round 2 I would be absolutely stunned. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He got hurt in 19 and it did affect his play but he was still pretty good. If he makes it past round 2 I would be absolutely stunned. 

Maybe..

I note both Draft Network and Matt Miller now have him at 125 on their board..

RD3: Kenny Willekes, EDGE, Michigan State

RD3: Alton Robinson, EDGE, Syracuse

RD3: Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

RD3: Zack Moss, RB, Utah

RD3: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri 

RD3: Willie Gay Jr, LB, Mississippi State

RD3: Lamical Perine, RB, Florida

RD4: Darryton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

RD5: Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State

RD5: Trey Adams, OT, Washington

RD5: Quez Watkins, WR, Southern Miss

RD6: Francis Bernard, LB, Utah

• Like (+1) 1

I like some of these thoughts.

I know it would not be the most popular pick by position, but who thinks the Bill might upgrade the TE position with Albert O.,  from Missouri if he is around in the 3rd?

I don't believe in Kroft or Smith, so TE depth is thin, and I believe Albert O could compete with Knox and pair with him as a safety valve for Allen.

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

LB Chris Orr. Depth LB we lack that could eventually be a two down starter.

Bills have met with him (FaceTime) so there is interest there. Austin Hall and Shaquille Quarterman are two other late LBs we’ve had contact with.

Javelin Guidry - smallish CB but has some wheels, Bills had a FaceTime with him, 4.29 speed 

Some later WR I like are Gabriel Davis, Isaiah Hodgins, Hasise Dubois, Devin Duvernay. There’s so many good ones available.

The QB from Iowa. Not a runner, but has good accuracy, prostyle experience, and good size and arm strength, accoding yo scouts. I have read he compares to former or current players like Charlie Batch, Matt Hasselbeck, and Chad Henne.

I like Carter Coughlin. Undersized DE, who I think could play off the ball and transition to a Lorax type of role in the NFL. He has some pedigree as Ohio State went after him hard, but he wanted to stay with family tradition and go to Minnesota. I liked Blake Cashman last year and this dude flashed on the videos I watched. 

Braden Mann. He's going to be good. And I know a punter isn't that exciting, but I'd take him in the 5th, maybe even the 4th. 

I know punting highlights are not exciting, but this is just stupid: 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

14 hours ago, Wizard said:

What middle round prospects do you believe fit the Bills "process" culture, draft needs, and may honestly be available in rounds 3-5? 

Knowing that the Bills will likely value quality over quantity with this year's draft picks, what kind of players may become starters down the line and serve as solid backup depth?

My Middle Round Difference Makers (Rounds 3-5)  ***Bolded players are my favorite

Offense

QB Nate Stanley (Round 5 or Round 6)

RB's Michael Warren (Round 4 or 5) & Lamical Perine (Rounds 3 or 4)

WR's Collin Johnson (Round 3), Van Jefferson (Round 3 or 4), Jauan Jennings (Round 5)

TE  Jared Pinkney (Round 3 or 4)

OT/OG  Jake Driscoll (Round 4 or 5), Alex Taylor (Round 4 or 5), Jon Runyan Jr. (Round 5 or 6)

Defense

DE/DT  Jonathan Garvin (Round 5), Nick Coe (Round 3 or 4), James Lynch (Round 3 or 4)

ILB/OLB   Markus Bailey (Round 3 or 4), Troy Dye (Round 3 or 4), Cam Brown (Round 3)

CB/FS/SS  Troy Pride (Round 3 or 4), Stanford Samuels II (Round 4 or 5)

Stanford Samuels is terrible. Reminds me so much of Tavarus McFadden coming out. Has all the potential but never fulfills it. Plus running in the 4.7s at the combine didn’t help. 

Strong pass unless a UDFA

47 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Carter Coughlin. Undersized DE, who I think could play off the ball and transition to a Lorax type of role in the NFL. He has some pedigree as Ohio State went after him hard, but he wanted to stay with family tradition and go to Minnesota. I liked Blake Cashman last year and this dude flashed on the videos I watched. 

Braden Mann. He's going to be good. And I know a punter isn't that exciting, but I'd take him in the 5th, maybe even the 4th. 

I know punting highlights are not exciting, but this is just stupid: 

After this past year of punting, screw it.. take a punter in the 5th.  I’m completely fine with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Moss seems to be a fairly popular pick if he is available in the 3rd round. I like TJ Yeldon more than most, but 3 running backs that can play and take pressure off of Allen would really strengthen the offense and open up the passing game.