Bucs apparently shopping OJ HOWARD

Would you trade for OJ Howard?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What would you trade for OJ Howard

• I would NOT trade for him and stick with what we have
    • Yes, I’d give this years 3rd rounder if needed
    • Yes, but wouldn’t offer more than our 4th
    • Yes, but only for a 5th or lower
    • Yes, but for other compensation (post below)

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Super athletic, fragile, knucklehead. If he did that behind the back move while playing for McD he may have been cut at halftime. 

How is Howard a knucklehead?  Everything I’ve heard is he is a great dude.  

and this makes zero sense.  Talent wise, he is as good as any TE in the nfl and Brady loves tight ends (?) and 2 TEs sets.  I think this is fake news but I’d throw a 3rd at them to see if they bite.  I still believe in him.  He was a beast in college and was underutilized.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Process said:

I would definitely do it for our third. We still need more talent on offense. 

Only hesitation is that next year the draft is supposed to be loaded with good TEs. Also, the timing will be better as I fully expect Kroft to be gone after this year. Bringing in Howard now would leave us with a pretty crowded TE room. 

It if works with the cap though I would definitely be on board with ditching Kroft now and bringing in Howard. 

Gronk coming out of retirement to link up with Brady in TB???

I've heard analysts saying the exact opposite. 

That it is a poor Tight End draft, with the highest grade being low 2nd Round pick. 

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Arians hates TEs

I think TB will be good but this would be a worry.  I think Arians is one of the best offensive coaches but man, you gotta do what’s made Brady so good. 

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

No. I think Knox will take a few steps forward this season.

Howard is leaps and bounds better than Knox.  It’s not even close. 

"Tom, if you sign with us, you'll have a big athletic tight end like you had for several years in Gronkowski." 

"Sorry, Tom.  We have to get rid of our big athletic tight end because we spent too much money on you."

Love it!

10 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I didn’t think it was a showboat move, it was just a play that showed how out of it this guy is during games. If I remember correctly Arians had a comment after this game as well. 

I have a hard time believing he is focused on football. 

Because they don’t use him.  They spent a 1st on him and don’t even try to get him the ball. He averages 15.5 ypc which is crazy for a TE!  

this is the type of guy who gets traded and blows up for another team.  And then everyone is like oh yeah, that guy is super talented 

Knox is better than Howard.  I'd roll with our current TE room.  If we can get him for a 5th, then okay, but that'd be about it.  And I'm thinking that a 5th may even be high, given Bean's record of drafting well.  (Milano).  

• Haha (+1) 1

It makes no sense for Tampa to trade him. He’s getting paid less than $2m this year.  He’s that bad now that you don’t even wait to see how he does with Brady?  I might give them Kroft for him but with everything up in the air as to when the team can start working out together, I’m not sure I’d even make that trade as familiarity has to be factored in.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Knox is better than Howard.  I'd roll with our current TE room.  If we can get him for a 5th, then okay, but that'd be about it.  And I'm thinking that a 5th may even be high, given Bean's record of drafting well.  (Milano).  

Haha, how is Knox better than Howard?  Because he’s on the Bills?  There is zero evidence to back up this claim.  

I mean it’s ok not to be a complete homer about everything Bills related.  There isn’t a GM in the nfl that would pick Knox over Howard.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, how is Knox better than Howard?  Because he’s on the Bills?  There is zero evidence to back up this claim.  

I mean it’s ok not to be a complete homer about everything Bills related.  There isn’t a GM in the nfl that would pick Knox over Howard.

um, look at their stats last season.  Howard is on a team with Brate as another TE, and a loaded WR room, and a QB who throws all the time.  Still, average production.  Howard should be going nuts.  Yeah, I'd take Knox over Howard.  And I'm not a homer about everything Bills related.  

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So if the Bucs trade Howard, who comes into take his place?

would the Pats** need to trade Rob to Tampa?  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

um, look at their stats last season.  Howard is on a team with Brate as another TE, and a loaded WR room, and a QB who throws all the time.  Still, average production.  Howard should be going nuts.  Yeah, I'd take Knox over Howard.  And I'm not a homer about everything Bills related.  

Howard still had more yards than Knox. 

As has been said, if the Bucs are (for the 2nd year in a row) shopping Howard when Brady loves TE's, he's not all that.  Pass.

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Yes.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, Doc said:

As has been said, if the Bucs are (for the 2nd year in a row) shopping Howard when Brady loves TE's, he's not all that.  Pass.

Yes.

interesting.  I wonder what they would want in return?  A first?  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.  I wonder what they would want in return?  A first?  

They could ask for anything.  If they don't want him playing for anyone else, a 1st or more could be their play.