TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

With the 83rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State.

We've got some pieces at linebacker that we're excited about, but we see this kid as a sideline to sideline disrupter who will instantly help us in coverage. We have to have an answer for KC's speed twice a year, and this kid flies. Maybe a little early for him, but we feel that our 3-4 defense will naturally hide some of his weaknesses and bring out some of his strengths. Besides, Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about Linebackers. 

NOW @CNYfan and the LA - "how did you think that logo was a good idea" - Rams are on the clock. 

From one GM to another ... you suck !!!

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 85th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select Ben Bredesen, G, Michigan.

We wanted to go with a certain LB that shall remain nameless, but after careful consideration we decided to go with someone to try and keep Matthew Stafford from cracking his spine again. Bredesen who played at Michigan should improve our interior line.

The Buffalo Bills with a poll are now on the clock ... take it away Virgil.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Looks like we are going WR......??

I actually like Edwards there. Probably not the biggest need, but his skill set would be a great addition to what we have.

Besides, there’s not much left at CB or DE. I don’t see the draft going this way, but if it does WR is probably the right pick. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I actually like Edwards there. Probably not the biggest need, but his skill set would be a great addition to what we have.

Besides, there’s not much left at CB or DE. I don’t see the draft going this way, but if it does WR is probably the right pick. 

I stand by my previous statment ? ?

I don't know much but I would surprised beyond belief in the Bills went RB, WR with their first two selections in the actual NFL draft of 2020.

It doesn't seem to be their style, especially since the just traded 4 draft picks for a WR already (granted got one back).   While the RB may possibly be Round 2 (again which I doubt) the WR will be in a later round.   I think

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

My take on all this is that this is not a great draft. I hope Beane packages picks to move up and get better players. And I hope he drafts a punter in Mann. If ever there was a year to spend a pick on one, this seems to be the year. 

Agree it isn't a great draft. By this point the number of guys who are likely to be impact players in the NFL is slim. 

I have fewer people with grades in the first three rounds on my board than there are picks. And normally while you are fewer 1st round grades than picks by the end of round 3 you are more guys than picks and rounds 2-4 are the rump of the draft. To me the rump of this draft are picks 20-65. It just isn't as deep. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NewEra said:

Since we bypassed Chaisson due to changing up the drafts from 2.0-3.0, we had to wait til rd 3 to address our pass rush.  

we didn’t feel there was Pass rush value in rd 2, especially with Georgia RB DAndre Swift still in the board.  Taking a pass rusher at that point would’ve been a reach based on our boards.  We rolled the dice and with hope that one of Anae, Taylor, Greenard, Uche or Curtis Weaver were on the board in rd 3.  

the Atlanta Falcons select Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise st.

while Curtis may not be the quick twitch explosive athlete some look for in pass rushers, Vic Beasley was exactly that....and he failed to live up to expectations.  We feel comfortable that Weaver will provide us with solid DE play and provides us with what we’re looking for in a 3rd pick.  A contributor with starters upside 

@MAJBobby is on the clock

Excellent pick and value.  DE isn’t the Browns biggest need, but I’d have taken Weaver if he made it to me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Ugh. I don’t dislike the player.  I dislike going RB then WR for whatever reason. 

It feels very Doug Whaley esque. But I do think it is possible. The spent all of free agency improving the defense, so I could see them spending the draft on offense.