Brees to be Groomed to Replace Collinsworth at NBC After Retirement

TroutDog

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He's unlistenable, in my opinion. Can't stand his voice. Can't stand his takes. I see nothing outstanding about him.

You see nothing outstanding about a guy that watches a play one time, at full NFL speed, and then 10 seconds later is able to clearly and concisely articulate what the play was designed to do, how the defense was designed to stop it, and why the play did or didn’t work?

Huh. Okay then.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/11/2020 at 4:21 PM, LeGOATski said:

There was a lawsuit and Brees was talking about investing in jewelry pieces, which is why he overpaid. He just sounded ridiculous to me. I believe they did win the lawsuit, though. Or won something from it.

yea he got a ton of coin back from his overpayment. he was sold jewelry from a guy selling it as an investment piece. 

romo has a funny personality and i don't think brees has that gift of gab that tony seems to have. 

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You see nothing outstanding about a guy that watches a play one time, at full NFL speed, and then 10 seconds later is able to clearly and concisely articulate what the play was designed to do, how the defense was designed to stop it, and why the play did or didn’t work?

Huh. Okay then.

Every color analysts claim to be able to do that and most of them can. I have no reason to believe that Collinsworth is better than any of the others at it.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Every color analysts claim to be able to do that and most of them can. I have no reason to believe that Collinsworth is better than any of the others at it.

You “have no reason to believe” that? That’s confusing phrasing if nothing else.

As a guy that watches every game every week, my opinion is that there are bad color commentators—the guys that tend to drone on and don’t really tell you anything you didn’t already know. There are plenty of decent ones that can draw up what happened on a given play. Then there are 2 or 3 that are outstanding; they not only can show what happened, but also give a ton of insight as to why (for example) a blocking scheme targeted a specific player and why a properly-read key by another defender freed up the target to make a play. Collinsworth is one of those (the other 2 are Romo and Charles Davis IMO).

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You “have no reason to believe” that? That’s confusing phrasing if nothing else.

As a guy that watches every game every week, my opinion is that there are bad color commentators—the guys that tend to drone on and don’t really tell you anything you didn’t already know. There are plenty of decent ones that can draw up what happened on a given play. Then there are 2 or 3 that are outstanding; they not only can show what happened, but also give a ton of insight as to why (for example) a blocking scheme targeted a specific player and why a properly-read key by another defender freed up the target to make a play. Collinsworth is one of those (the other 2 are Romo and Charles Davis IMO).

Agree with every word of the above. 

On 4/11/2020 at 4:24 PM, Billl said:

The truth is that the Bills are one of the least cared about teams in the NFL.  Buffalo is the definition of a small market, the team hasn’t been good enough for the last quarter century to develop a fanbase outside its footprint, and they have no real rivals.  Nobody has ever decided that they can get national exposure by underrating Buffalo’s talent because 98% of casual fans see “Buffalo Bills” in the title and keep right on scrolling.

Hi Bill. I'm going to guess that you weren't aware of this from last season. It's ok though we don't mind. We gain or earn respect when we consistently win. I think the networks are going to show the Bills a lot of love next season. Winning!

"The Cowboys’ 26-15 loss to the Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving Day averaged 32.6 million viewers, the most-viewed NFL game this season"

Hahahahahahahahaha

Next.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/31/nfl-television-viewership-increases-5percent-for-2019-season.html

I'll grant you the CC bias though.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, thebandit27 said:

Huh. Okay then.

Now here's a guy....  Thats all i think of when i think of collinsworth. 

I hate his stupid slide in too

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Now here's a guy....  Thats all i think of when i think of collinsworth. 

I hate his stupid slide in too

"Now here's a guy"...I swear he stole that from John Madden!  Or at least Frank Caliendo's impression of Madden.  Collinsworth can claim the slide in, since the only sliding Madden could do was if his bus driver locked up the brakes.

Just leave Chris alone...???

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Just leave Chris alone...???

No, it's Brady that cries.  ?

On 4/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Lol that didn’t age well in the #metoo era .... but I’m sure in the same situation, we’d all be choirboys, right?

I haven't seen anything that bad since Dial-a-Date, with the Prince of Love, David Bronstein.