Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

That's an interesting surprise.  I had figured it was because you're a moderately-educated, angry, incel lowlife of meager personal success who finds validation in life not through his own accomplishments but through his Trump fandom.  

The Washington Generals of lawyers strikes again.

I think electronic voting is even riskier than paper voting if the right hacker gets a hold of it. Disclaimer I am not a hacker it's the "word on the street" aka what my misfit friends have to say. Entirely credible. lol

RNC Gets Win in Florida Elections Lawsuit

by Cortney O´Brien

Original Article

When the RNC saw that Democrats were trying to abolish a state law in Florida to allow ballots to be counted after Election Day and to prohibit the state’s ban on ballot harvesting, they had to intervene.

As it turns out, it was a President Bill Clinton-appointed judge who gave the Republicans the victory. In his ruling in Nielsen v. DeSantis, Judge Robert Hinkle noted that "the plaintiffs have not shown likely success on the merits" of their case. He explained why it's imperative for the state law to remain intact. "This eliminates the problem of missing, unclear, or even altered postmarks, eliminates delay that can have adverse consequences

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mailing It In

by Kerry Jackson

Original Article

Voting by mail represents progress, we’ve been told; no one should have to leave his home to exercise the franchise. Thus goes the reasoning behind a new law that requires every registered Californian to receive a ballot for the fall election through the U.S. Postal Service. But will convenience voting yield better outcomes? More likely it will make them worse. Assembly Bill 860, signed by Governor Gavin Newsom on June 18, is premised on ensuring safety in the era of the coronavirus. Yet Wisconsinites voted in person in April, and the predicted spike in coronavirus cases from that public assembly never materialized

NEW JERSEY NEWS

More Jersey Democrats Caught Committing Voter Fraud with Mail-In-Ballots

PATERSON, NJ – Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal today announced voting fraud charges against Paterson City Councilman Michael Jackson, Councilman-Elect Alex Mendez, and two other men in connection with the May 12, 2020 special election in the City of Paterson.

All four men are charged with criminal conduct involving mail-in ballots during the election. The investigation by the Attorney General’s Office of Public Integrity & Accountability (OPIA) began when the U.S. Postal Inspection Service alerted the Attorney General’s Office that hundreds of mail-in ballots were found in a mailbox in Paterson. Numerous additional ballots were found in a mailbox in nearby Haledon. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all voting in May 12 elections in New Jersey was done by mail-in ballots.

“Today’s charges send a clear message: if you try to tamper with an election in New Jersey, we will find you and we will hold you accountable,” said Attorney General Grewal. “We will not allow a small number of criminals to undermine the public’s confidence in our democratic process.”

“The residents of New Jersey have a right to free and fair elections, and we will ensure that happens,” said OPIA Director Thomas Eicher. “Our office’s criminal investigations complement a number of other safeguards that New Jersey has implemented to ensure the integrity of our elections.”

As described below, a number of today’s charges relate to the improper collection of mail-in ballots. Generally speaking, a voter who receives a mail-in ballot completes the ballot themselves and then returns the ballot by mailing it, placing it in a specially designated “drop box,” or delivering it to the County Board of Elections. However, New Jersey also allows a voter to provide the completed ballot to a “bearer,” who must complete the bearer certification on the ballot envelope in the presence of the voter and then return the ballot on behalf of the voter. Under state law, a bearer may collect and deliver ballots for no more than three voters in an election, and a candidate in the election is never permitted to serve as a bearer.

More at the link: http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2020/06/25/fraud-charges/

• Like (+1) 2

1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in N.J. Mail-In Election

Following accusations of widespread fraud, voter intimidation, and ballot theft in the May 12 municipal elections in Paterson, N.J., state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal (pictured) announced Thursday he is charging four men with voter fraud – including the vice president of the City Council and a candidate for that body.

</snip>

In the City Council election, 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots were received, but only 13,557 votes were counted. More than 3,190 votes, 19% of the total ballots cast, were disqualified by the board of elections. Due to the pandemic, Paterson’s election was done through vote-by-mail. Community organizations, such as the city’s NAACP chapter, are calling for the entire election to be invalidated.

Mail-in ballots have long been acknowledged by voting experts to be more susceptible to fraud and irregularities than in-person voting. This has raised concerns from President Trump and other Republicans about the integrity of national elections in November, which are expected to include a dramatic increase in mail-in ballots. If Paterson is any guide, it ought to concern Democrats as well.

Over 800 ballots in Paterson were invalidated for appearing in mailboxes improperly bundled together – including a one mailbox where hundreds of ballots were in a single packet. The bundles were turned over to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity related to the collection of the ballots.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

I think a good decision here to minimize contact between people and also have a secure election is to allow people to drop off their ballots early. If I could go to a location, show my ID and drop my ballot securely that I had previously filled out it would make it easier and make the lines much quicker and probably shorter. I am nervous about ballot harvesting especially this time after what happened in 2018 in Broward County since dishonest people know they are unlikely to be prosecuted 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Am I the only one that sees “Should absinthe be illegal” whenever you see this thread title?  

That's better than what I read every time I see the Fracking industry projected to have $300B in losses thread title over in TSW. :blush:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, Warren Zevon said:

According to some (although Trump's voter fraud commission failed to find any evidence of voter fraud) mail in ballots are rampant with fraud. Should absentee ballots then be made illegal?

They fail to find evidence of voter fraud the same way Epstein killed himself...

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh, but @Paulusabove says there is no evidence of voter fraud. 

"The same way Epstein killed himself." I surely hope you're able to comprehend my point. 

Just because I think Trump has done a poor job handling the pandemic, doesn't mean I don't support him over Biden, nor does it mean I disagree with all his positions. The problem with many people is that they always disagree and always agree with their guy, illustrating a complete lack of principle.

Edited by Paulus

its 2020

the fact we can't vote online is an absolute joke. America will never allow it because then they can't commit voter fraud and voter suppression. 

just another reason why this countries government is stuck decades into the past 

• Awesome! (+1) 1