Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

its 2020

the fact we can't vote online is an absolute joke. America will never allow it because then they can't commit voter fraud and voter suppression. 

just another reason why this countries government is stuck decades into the past 

Voting online at this point in time is an idiotic idea. It needs to be segmented and not subject to hacking. 

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

its 2020

the fact we can't vote online is an absolute joke. America will never allow it because then they can't commit voter fraud and voter suppression. 

just another reason why this countries government is stuck decades into the past 

Why? Are you to lazy to get off your ass and go to a polling place? 

There are unprivileged countries that people are required to vote, many walking miles to do it and they have less problems or complaints than we do.  

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Why? Are you to lazy to get off your ass and go to a polling place? 

There are unprivileged countries that people are required to vote, many walking miles to do it and they have less problems or complaints than we do.  

those unprivileged countries don't have the biggest GDP in human history. 

electronic voting eliminates a lot of trouble, like republicans closing down polling locations in the south committing voter suppression for years, it has nothing to do with being lazy    

Edited by Penfield45

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

WTF does that have to do with it? 

we have the capability to modernize our voting system...

why the hell do people have to stand in line for 6 hours to cast their vote in this day in age. makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

why the hell do people have to stand in line for 6 hours to cast their vote in this day in age. makes zero sense. 

I have voted in every election available to me since 1976 and have never, even before early voting, stood in line for more than about 45 minutes. And that includes polling places in NY, FL, PA, NC, CA, GA, and MD. If there are problems like that, I haven't seen them, and if so, probably an issue with that particular precinct so it's not "systemic".

5 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Only way the PIGS can win, duh

Supreme Court says Alabama does not have to loosen ballot restrictions because of virus

The Supreme Court on Thursday night said Alabama does not have to abide for now with lower-court decisions that made it easier to cast a mail-in ballot in a state that has seen a spike in coronavirus outbreaks.

The vote was 5 to 4, with the court’s conservatives in the majority. Neither the majority nor the four justices who noted their dissent — Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan — supplied the reasoning for their votes in the short emergency order.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

Yeah.

Going to the polling place in a mask, and having the machine cleaned in between voters,  in 4 months from now, is almost suicide.

I was just on my way out to the store, but now I'm petrified.

Over the top, I know..................but so is this CNN piece....................so that's how I responded.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yeah.

Going to the polling place in a mask, and having the machine cleaned in between voters,  in 4 months from now, is almost suicide.

I was just on my way out to the store, but now I'm petrified.

Over the top, I know..................but so is this CNN piece....................so that's how I responded.

I just don't like long lines . The polling place I've gone to for over 35 years was closed for the June 23 primary , elderly poll workers called in not to show up due to covid. This is the first year me and family  are voting mail in just to avoid long line if it hits the fan in Nov.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

I just don't like long lines . The polling place I've gone to for over 35 years was closed for the June 23 primary , elderly poll workers called in not to show up due to covid. This is the first year me and family  are voting mail in just to avoid long line if it hits the fan in Nov.

Yes, I remember your post from then, and I can appreciate your concern.

However I put the sanctity of the election, making sure each person's vote is legally cast as more important than the inconvenience of a long wait in line, no different essentially than at a busy retail store.

Now, if the situation got a lot worse, which I don't believe it will, then I would reconsider.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Perhaps we should turn Burger Kings, Taco Bells, and Pizza Huts into polling stations for everyone's convenience?