Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

2020 ELECTION
Georgia election 'catastrophe' in largely minority areas sparks investigation

Hourslong waits, problems with new voting machines and a lack of available ballots plagued voters in majority minority counties in Georgia on Tuesday — conditions the secretary of state called "unacceptable" and vowed to investigate.

Democrats and election watchers said voting issues in a state that has been plagued for years by similar problems, along with allegations of racial bias, didn't bode well for the November presidential election, when Georgia could be in play.

Cody Cutting was in a long line at Lang Carson Community Center in the Reynoldstown neighborhood of Atlanta, where the line snaked around the block and some people had been waiting to cast their votes for 4½ hours.

Voting problems also plagued Fulton County in 2018, which led to allegations of voter suppression by Democrats. The secretary of state at the time was Brian Kemp, a Republican, who wound up winning the governorship by a thin margin against Democrat Stacey Abrams. Abrams at the time called the election "rotten and rigged."

"She responded: 'I never got an absentee ballot. That's why I'm here,'" Roth said. The woman was sent to an area with other would-be voters who'd had similar issues.

"The individuals had requested absentee ballots, but they didn't arrive in time to send in, but when they showed up to try and vote in person, they were blocked because the system had indicated they already had an absentee ballot, which, again, they said they never received,” Roth said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/georgia-secretary-state-launches-investigation-after-unacceptable-voting-problems-n1228541

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ALF said:

2020 ELECTION

Hourslong waits, problems with new voting machines and a lack of available ballots plagued voters in majority minority counties in Georgia on Tuesday — conditions the secretary of state called "unacceptable" and vowed to investigate.

Democrats and election watchers said voting issues in a state that has been plagued for years by similar problems, along with allegations of racial bias, didn't bode well for the November presidential election, when Georgia could be in play.

Cody Cutting was in a long line at Lang Carson Community Center in the Reynoldstown neighborhood of Atlanta, where the line snaked around the block and some people had been waiting to cast their votes for 4½ hours.

Voting problems also plagued Fulton County in 2018, which led to allegations of voter suppression by Democrats. The secretary of state at the time was Brian Kemp, a Republican, who wound up winning the governorship by a thin margin against Democrat Stacey Abrams. Abrams at the time called the election "rotten and rigged."

"She responded: 'I never got an absentee ballot. That's why I'm here,'" Roth said. The woman was sent to an area with other would-be voters who'd had similar issues.

"The individuals had requested absentee ballots, but they didn't arrive in time to send in, but when they showed up to try and vote in person, they were blocked because the system had indicated they already had an absentee ballot, which, again, they said they never received,” Roth said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/georgia-secretary-state-launches-investigation-after-unacceptable-voting-problems-n1228541

Ga and FL have this in common- the areas run by Dems having major voting issues while the Republican run ones are fine. Counties run the voting precincts here and it is amazing that they never get fixed by the same people election after election 

• Like (+1) 1

Chris Cuomo gets decimated for bringing talking points to a fact-based fight on Georgia elections

It happens frequently that members of the press get corrected on their narratives, but it becomes a rarer treat to watch live when the takedown occurs. On CNN Chris Cuomo wanted to scorch the state of Georgia over its primary voting held on Tuesday, extending the talking point of voter suppression that has led to failed candidate Stacey Abrams to become a media darling and – in bizarre fashion – considered as a Vice Presidential running mate.

Cuomo brought on Georgia’s Statewide Voting Implementation Manager, Gabriel Sterling on to either confirm his views or to lambaste over the problems. One problem — Sterling was not ready to play along.

As Cuomo kept reverting to his preordained talking points Sterling swatted them away with the ease of facts.

After a preamble, where he sets the table with already disproven tales of voter ”disenfranchisement” in 2018, Cuomo mentions problems seen in Tuesday’s primary. This involved long lines in some areas, people limited from voting efficiently, and numerous closed polling locations. This is all attributed to a dastardly statewide conspiracy to cause problems within Democratic strongholds in the state.

As Sterling points out adroitly, and Cuomo himself alludes to early, the COVID outbreak created numerous problems. Schools used as polling locations are closed, and churches and other similar locations have opted out. Elections are run on the county level and those officials needed to secure alternate locations, but failed to supply enough. In brief terms, the problems arising in Democrat districts are traceable back to the Democrats who run those counties.

Another challenge – longer lines were frequently a result of local distancing ordinances. Sterling noted how one location had 15 machines but only 4 people at a time were permitted, another reason to have more voting options available.

As Sterling outlined–

In Fulton County, specifically, they lost 40 locations and collapsed many of those locations into mega-precincts, which saw a lot of these amazingly long lines. “We said, this is not a good idea. You need to find other, alternative locations. And those kinds of polling closures, the things we’re discussing, are literally county decisions. They are made at the county level, and the state has zero ability to tell them not to do that.”

Cuomo was left scrambling and you get the sense of desperation.

• Like (+1) 1

Nevertheless, the look on Kayleigh McEnany’s face Wednesday when she answered a question from a reporter regarding safety concerns over in-person voting pretty much said it all:

Reporter: The President seems pretty unconcerned so far about November and the COVID situation, and whether people are going to be afraid to go to the polls or whether it’s going to be a lot of delays because of the COVID. He recently said it’s a “long way off,” I think meaning, the — the pandemic will have died down by then, essentially.

But given that it hasn’t actually gone away and people are still dying every day and there are some spikes — and it’s not that far away: five months — are any measures being taken at all to guarantee that this election is going to go smoothly and everybody who wants to vote can vote?

McEnany: Yeah, well, I — you know, I’ve not seen much criticism of the protest and socially distance and mitigation efforts.

Reporter: I was talking about — asking about the elections, not the protests.

McEnany: I think there’s a way to safely vote if you can safely protest. And that’s what the President would like to see. There’s a way to safely vote. There’s a way to safely go to church.

And you’re asking a hypothetical about something five months from now, at a time, ironically, when the media hasn’t expressed much outrage about a lack of mitigation efforts taken by some of the protesters.

Watch:

The media (and Democrats, but I repeat myself) have no one to blame but themselves for nuking their own talking points from just a few weeks ago regarding how urgent it was to make mail-in voting easier due to concerns over the spread of the Wuhan virus. You can’t on one hand say you’re concerned about the potential of a virus to spread when it comes time to vote, conveniently forget about those concerns in order to support certain protests, and then turn around a few days later and spout those same concerns as though the protests – and the media’s approving reactions to them – never happened.

This is a perfect example of MSM’s double standards coming back to bite them. Had they been consistent on this issue from the start, they might be taken seriously when they raise questions about voter/election safety during a pandemic. But they weren’t, and McEnany let them know it with the answer she gave them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some advice from victims of voter fraud who won the day

by Bruce S. Marks & Mike Roman

Original Article

"El Nuevo Metodo de Votar." The year was 1993. Control of the Pennsylvania state Senate turned on a special election in Philadelphia. Although the district was heavily Democratic, the Republican was running a strong campaign, with organized labor and minority support. In desperation, the Democratic machine's operatives descended on the District to steal the election by manipulating Latino voters into signing absentee ballot applications, falsely claiming a "new method of voting" — voting absentee for convenience — then illegal in Pennsylvania if one could go to the polls. Democratic city election officials then illegally provided the ballots to the operatives directly

On 6/9/2020 at 11:42 PM, ALF said:

2020 ELECTION

Quick question. If they could show up to the polling places, why were they requesting absentee ballots? I can understand if you were scheduled to be out of town for work, but are now in town. However, they are making this sound like a large problem and not a small percentage of people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KRC said:

Quick question. If they could show up to the polling places, why were they requesting absentee ballots? I can understand if you were scheduled to be out of town for work, but are now in town. However, they are making this sound like a large problem and not a small percentage of people.

They want to game the system.

However, to paraphrase what Kayleigh McEnany said the other day, 'if you can go protest in person, you can go vote in person.'

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, KRC said:

trying to avoid covid 19  and mega large polling stations with long waits that also happened previous in Wisconsin primary ?

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Koko78 said:

They want to game the system.

However, to paraphrase what Kayleigh McEnany said the other day, 'if you can go protest in person, you can go vote in person.'

Gaming the system to you guys is allowing the people to easily vote, a horrifying notion I’m sure 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gaming the system to you guys is allowing the people to easily vote, a horrifying notion I’m sure 

It is more convenient for the dead to vote Democrat, for sure.

Of course, it will be easy to find overcrowding too, when 87 people vote Democrat, in alphabetical order and with the same handwriting, from a 2 bedroom apartment.

53 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Of course, it will be easy to find overcrowding too, when 87 people vote Democrat, in alphabetical order and with the same handwriting, from a 2 bedroom apartment.

Overcrowding is a problem in many precincts but only the republicans want to do something about it. Gotta hand it to those democrats though, they sure know how to keep things orderly. 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

You are just so cheated and oppressed. 

2 hours ago, ALF said:

trying to avoid covid 19  and mega large polling stations with long waits that also happened previous in Wisconsin primary ?

That would carry more weight if those same people also did not frequent Home Depot and other places with crowds and long lines. You can't have it both ways. If you can social distance at Home Depot, you can social distance at a polling place. And, if the virus was the overriding concern, why did they STILL show up at the polling place, facing certain death?

I am diabetic, so I take the virus seriously. As I have mentioned previously, I have two in-laws in a nursing home with 115 positive cases out of 172 people. However, when I see crowds at Home Depot and I see crowds at protests, don't give me the lame excuse of "I'm scared of the virus, that's why I need an absentee ballot when I would still show up to the polling place."

21 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I am. I deserve reparations.

Will a few million cover it, or were you really distressed?

19 minutes ago, KRC said:

Will a few million cover it, or were you really distressed?

It's a start. I may need more, depending on how much time I need to spend with my stuffed comfort animal in my safe space. Send more crayons and a soy latte!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

It's a start. I may need more, depending on how much time I need to spend with my stuffed comfort animal in my safe space. Send more crayons and a soy latte!

No more boy lattes for you. Who do you think you are, Section8?