Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Vote-by-mail was never about access, it was about returning to a Tammany Hall-style of elections, and threatening to undermine the election results if not enacted (e.g. Pelosi, Abrams, etc.).

I realize that you’re not one to rely on pesky things such as facts, but what evidence do you have that vote-by-mail will actually undermine election results?

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I realize that you’re not one to rely on pesky things such as facts, but what evidence do you have that vote-by-mail will actually undermine election results?

Should absentee ballots be illegal? 1 2 3 4 15 

By Warren Zevon, April 8

Perhaps if you actually opened an article and not just read the headline, you would not be so ignorant on this well-discussed topic.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Should absentee ballots be illegal? 1 2 3 4 15 

By Warren Zevon, April 8

Perhaps if you actually opened an article and not just read the headline, you would not be so ignorant on this well-discussed topic.

Which article should I open?  You’re the hoaxer here, not me.  I just want the facts upon which you rely, that’s all. 

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Which article should I open?  You’re the hoaxer here, not me.  I just want the facts upon which you rely, that’s all. 

I am doubtful,

If you wanted facts,

you would read articles that are posted...................in all the threads,

but that is not why you are here................so c'est la vie

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I am doubtful,

If you wanted facts,

you would read articles that are posted...................in all the threads,

but that is not why you are here................so c'est la vie

Nope.  I want your facts.  The ones you rely on when you propound your tropes about the voter fraud.  

Unfortunately I have no choice but to presume that you have no facts supporting your contentions that voting by mail will result in an election permeated by fraud. 

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  I want your facts.  The ones you rely on when you propound your tropes about the voter fraud.  

Unfortunately I have no choice but to presume that you have no facts supporting your contentions that voting by mail will result in an election permeated by fraud. 

No.

I have plenty and I reminded you what you needed to do to understand them

The fact that you won't, speaks to how you post.

Added:

Here is a fact.

You keep pleading for MY FACTS, as if there is not one truth, but each person's facts...............those are called opinions.

Also, that you demand a response............all while referring to me as a "hoaxer"...........is just off the hilarity scale............?

Edited by B-Man

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Mail-In Votes Discarded, Never Counted in Baltimore Election Due to Error

by John Binder

Original Article

I live in Maryland and dear (rino) governor was on last night to tell us he is sorry for lost ballots, people never receiving them, and other discrepancies since he decided to do the primaries by mail. Worst of it was asking the state assembly to begin an investigation immediately to make sure the system is fixed by November. 

So that told me 2 things... He is already planning for mail in voting in November, and that there is no way in hell  it will be "fixed" by then.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Here's a little something for you.

https://themarketswork.com/2018/10/31/is-voter-fraud-real-a-look-at-californias-illegal-voter-registration-problem/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/20/calif_begins_removing_5_million_inactive_voters_on_its_rolls__140602.html

And by the way, shouldn't we be proactive and close any loopholes in voting procedures that might invite fraud?  Why wait until it becomes a problem? 

Nope.  You’re a hoaxer.  Keep on talking about ballot harvesting, rigged elections, and whatever other nonsense you like on this point.  Instigating against the loosening of the rules on absentee balloting is simply another way of helping discourage voting in larger urban areas where a voter may have to stand in line for hours before exercising his or her right to vote.  

I probably don’t agree with the candidates for whom the folks in Wyoming County are going to vote this year.  But I will defend until the end their right to cast a vote contrary to my political preferences.  And I will similarly contend that they should not be subject to any impediment, be it a backdoor poll tax or a waiting requirement, before casting that ballot.   

You, on the other hand, buy into contrived election protection narratives that you apparently can’t root in fact.  So I guess we know where you stand on those and related matters. 

This Nov  is a special case if covid 19 returns in force. The poll station workers are mostly elderly and would not risk working that day. That happened in the Wisconsin primary.

Just now, ALF said:

This Nov  is a special case if covid 19 returns in force. The poll station workers are mostly elderly and would not risk working that day. That happened in the Wisconsin primary.

And yet the election in Wisconsin went on as planned, with no spike in the virus after. 

There's no reason to argue we can't go out to vote anymore. None. That con has been destroyed by what we've seen the past 10 days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Something else I want to throw into his conversation is that estimates are the USPS loses 1 to 3% of our mail a year. How many elections have we seen decided by less than 1%?

The BOE keeps a list of ballots out and ballots in.  That’s a problem that would be quickly identified. And the issue is highly, highly unlikely to change an election because absentees usually track the general, and because it’s unlikely that the “lost mail” would be votes for only one candidate.  Besides, we already do absentees by mail and the issue you identified hasn’t been identified as a trouble spot.   

I suppose your point might be more of an issue in broad race, like for governor or president, if, say, a mail truck from an urban area went missing.  But the mail loss concern  is not nearly the danger one would think it to be.  

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet the election in Wisconsin went on as planned, with no spike in the virus after. 

There's no reason to argue we can't go out to vote anymore. None. That con has been destroyed by what we've seen the past 10 days.

Similarly there’s no reason to argue that we can’t make it easier to exercise the right to vote. None. 

Edited by SectionC3

Fact: 38-11

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What are you talking about moron? Gaslighting 101 by Deranged Rhino. Below is the Wisconsin data. 

wisconsin.jpg

41 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Here's a little something for you.

https://themarketswork.com/2018/10/31/is-voter-fraud-real-a-look-at-californias-illegal-voter-registration-problem/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/20/calif_begins_removing_5_million_inactive_voters_on_its_rolls__140602.html

And by the way, shouldn't we be proactive and close any loopholes in voting procedures that might invite fraud?  Why wait until it becomes a problem? 

Let’s start with the second link.  What do inactive voters have to do with voter fraud?

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Let’s start with the second link.  What do inactive voters have to do with voter fraud?

InformalAntiqueInganue-size_restricted.g

Inactive voters are still on most rolls and get ballots mailed out to them and then..................................c'mon , you can do it.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Inactive voters are still on most rolls and get ballots mailed out to them and then..................................c'mon , you can do it.

Boy Man has tons of evidence for this but.. you can do it

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

InformalAntiqueInganue-size_restricted.g

Ballots get mailed out to them after a signed document requesting the ballot is returned to the BOE with a signature similar to that on file at the BOE.  The only mass mailing of the BOE is the missive inquiring whether the voter wants the ballot.  Trope #1 debunked.  

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

In my best DC Tom, you're an idiot. 

Let’s see your evidence, big boy.