Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

23 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes. Yes they should, with ONE exception: Active duty military personnel. Everyone else should get to a polling place or get stuffed.

I'm amazed how you're always on the wrong side of every argument. What a winner.

The fact that we need to go to a physical location to check a box in 2020 is laughable.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm amazed how you're always on the wrong side of every argument. What a winner.

Says the guy who literally called a FISC memo a "conspiracy theory". 

You're beyond broken, Bull. You're so propagandized you can't tell your dick from your elbow. 

The original intent of an absentee ballot was that some people could not for whatever reason, be at their primary home residence on ELECTION DAY! If we are no longer going to do this on a single day, then absentee ballots should only go to service members, or people who have sworn an affidavit that this is their primary residence but they cannot be there during the extended voting period and state a reason.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The fact that we need to go to a physical location to check a box in 2020 is laughable.

:lol:

I'll take that as a compliment from the resident hominid.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cinga said:

The original intent of an absentee ballot was that some people could not for whatever reason, be at their primary home residence on ELECTION DAY! If we are no longer going to do this on a single day, then absentee ballots should only go to service members, or people who have sworn an affidavit that this is their primary residence but they cannot be there during the extended voting period and state a reason.

Spot on.  When in NY I used absentee ballots often as I traveled for work.

When I moved to Texas, ID was required in order to vote.  I had to prove citizenship in order to get a drivers license.

This is not an issue as they made many accommodations on the type of ID.  If you did not have an ID it was because you would not try or did not meet the requirements.

If voting is an important right, why is it not important to protect that right by asking for ID.  You need a legit ID to do many things in society - why is this important right not universally one of these.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Spot on.  When in NY I used absentee ballots often as I traveled for work.

When I moved to Texas, ID was required in order to vote.  I had to prove citizenship in order to get a drivers license.

This is not an issue as they made many accommodations on the type of ID.  If you did not have an ID it was because you would not try or did not meet the requirements.

If voting is an important right, why is it not important to protect that right by asking for ID.  You need a legit ID to do many things in society - why is this important right not universally one of these.

We can’t do that now, this is an emergency, the absentee ballots would be easier and states already do it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am shocked that this is even a debate. We should be making it easier for people to vote not harder. Allowing mail in ballots and early voting for all 50 states plus Puerto Rico is a good thing. 

It’s a great thing if you don’t care about election integrity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I am shocked that this is even a debate. We should be making it easier for people to vote not harder. Allowing mail in ballots and early voting for all 50 states plus Puerto Rico is a good thing. 

Republicans are terrified more people will vote 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It’s a great thing if you don’t care about election integrity. 

How, genuinely asking? Wouldn't it be just as easy to hack electronic voting systems that have no paper trail? Mail in ballots have to be tied to an individual voter and leave a paper trail. It also takes place over many weeks which gives election officials an easier time noticing abnormal voting patterns. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

How, genuinely asking? Wouldn't it be just as easy to hack electronic voting systems that have no paper trail? Mail in ballots have to be tied to an individual voter and leave a paper trail. It also takes place over many weeks which gives election officials an easier time noticing abnormal voting patterns. 

Look at California in 2018 and it’s ballot harvesting issues. It’s not difficult to see how rampant fraud can be when there’s no oversight — which there wouldn’t be if the elections are federalized. 

Voting is a right people have died to protect and pass on. Saying we can’t do it today because of a bug is the height of cowardice. It’s time to be smart AND brave. 

• Like (+1) 1