Should absentee ballots be illegal?

Should absentee ballots be illegal?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should absentee ballots be illegal?

• Yes
    • No

Nunes Says CA Repubs Plan to Ballot Harvest in November; Here’s How to Reduce Vote By Mail Fraud

by Jennifer VanLaar

California Rep. Devin Nunes appeared Fox News At Night with Shannon Bream Wednesday discussing the party’s re-taking of the CA-25 seat formerly held by Katie Hill, among other topics. In order to retain that seat in November, Nunes says, the GOP will have to invest in a “robust ballot harvesting operation.” Thank goodness. (Coincidentally, that was the point I made in a radio appearance Wednesday afternoon.)

Twitter liberals, predictably butthurt about their shellacking and possessing unbearably short memories combined with an abundance of ignorance, pounced on Nunes, accusing him of planning to break the law because he pointed out that “ballot harvesting” is illegal in 49 states.

Guess which state is the one in which it is legal? That’s right. California. It’s a law that was spearheaded by Democrat Asm. Lorena Gonzalez (yes, she of “F*ck Elon Musk” fame) and voted against by every Republican in the legislature.

Republican grassroots activists in California are overjoyed by Nunes’ pronouncement, because they know there is no way other congressional seats will be flipped without it. While state party officials claimed to be shocked at the harvesting that occurred in 2018, they were definitely warned. I know this because I was one of the people who warned them. I was a communications consultant on a congressional race in the state in 2018. The week after the June primary, on a conference call with other stakeholders and with a representative from the CAGOP, I asked what plans the party had for ballot harvesting prior to the general election. None, I was told. When I pressed the issue, saying that the new law gave Democrats the green light to legally do on a large scale what they’d been low-key doing for years, I was told (paraphrasing):

“Well, I don’t think they’re really going to do that. In any event, that’s not something the party has resources for, so if your campaign wants to do it you’ll have to fund it and run it yourself.”

I sat in stunned silence. The representative was right; the campaign, like many in the state, received basically zero help (in any way) from the state party. Of course, we lost. I wasn’t the only one beating the drum, and in a few areas of the state there were efforts at ballot harvesting, but due to infighting within the CAGOP and the use of blacklists, the operations were not of the “robust” type Nunes referenced.

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/05/15/count-the-ways-cas-ballot-harvesting-law-leads-to-stolen-elections/

Edited by B-Man

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nunes Says CA Repubs Plan to Ballot Harvest in November; Here’s How to Reduce Vote By Mail Fraud

by Jennifer VanLaar

California Rep. Devin Nunes appeared Fox News At Night with Shannon Bream Wednesday discussing the party’s re-taking of the CA-25 seat formerly held by Katie Hill, among other topics. In order to retain that seat in November, Nunes says, the GOP will have to invest in a “robust ballot harvesting operation.” Thank goodness. (Coincidentally, that was the point I made in a radio appearance Wednesday afternoon.)

Twitter liberals, predictably butthurt about their shellacking and possessing unbearably short memories combined with an abundance of ignorance, pounced on Nunes, accusing him of planning to break the law because he pointed out that “ballot harvesting” is illegal in 49 states.

Guess which state is the one in which it is legal? That’s right. California. It’s a law that was spearheaded by Democrat Asm. Lorena Gonzalez (yes, she of “F*ck Elon Musk” fame) and voted against by every Republican in the legislature.

Republican grassroots activists in California are overjoyed by Nunes’ pronouncement, because they know there is no way other congressional seats will be flipped without it. While state party officials claimed to be shocked at the harvesting that occurred in 2018, they were definitely warned. I know this because I was one of the people who warned them. I was a communications consultant on a congressional race in the state in 2018. The week after the June primary, on a conference call with other stakeholders and with a representative from the CAGOP, I asked what plans the party had for ballot harvesting prior to the general election. None, I was told. When I pressed the issue, saying that the new law gave Democrats the green light to legally do on a large scale what they’d been low-key doing for years, I was told (paraphrasing):

“Well, I don’t think they’re really going to do that. In any event, that’s not something the party has resources for, so if your campaign wants to do it you’ll have to fund it and run it yourself.”

I sat in stunned silence. The representative was right; the campaign, like many in the state, received basically zero help (in any way) from the state party. Of course, we lost. I wasn’t the only one beating the drum, and in a few areas of the state there were efforts at ballot harvesting, but due to infighting within the CAGOP and the use of blacklists, the operations were not of the “robust” type Nunes referenced.

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/05/15/count-the-ways-cas-ballot-harvesting-law-leads-to-stolen-elections/

This is a pretty fair article on the topic: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2019/12/16/cagop-must-embrace-ballot-harvesting-push-reforms-survive-2020/

In the video provided, the ballot harvestor tells the voter that she's there to pickup her ballot, that it's a service her organization (pressumably a democratic org) is only offering to registered Democrats, and the the ballot has to be signed and sealed for the harvestor to even touch it.

The article goes on to say that the GOP of California is looking to harvest ballots from registered Republicans in the state who are new or infrequent voters. From voters who would vote Republican, but need extra motivation to get out to vote. 

The goal remains to cheat. Not save lives, cheat for power. Full stop. If you don't see that yet, you're still sound asleep.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nevadas-vote-by-mail-primary-fraud-concerns

Red flags are being raised about the all-mail voting system being used in Nevada’s most populous county ahead of the state’s June 9 primary election amid reports that thousands of ballots are being sent to inactive voters -- fueling concerns about the possibility of voter fraud and ballot harvesting.

Thousands of ballots have been sent out by the Clark County Election Department to inactive voters – those who have not voted in recent elections, a roster that can include people who either have moved or are deceased – and the envelopes are piling up in post office trays, outside apartment complexes and on community bulletin boards in and around Las Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The goal remains to cheat. Not save lives, cheat for power. Full stop. If you don't see that yet, you're still sound asleep.

When you speak to people you don't know like that, do you think that motivates them to give you a fair shake and try to see your perspective? Or write you off as someone that have no interest dialoguing with?

Edited by Motorin'

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

When you speak to people you don't know like that, do you think that motivates them to give you a fair shake and try to see your perspective? Or write you off as someone that have no interest dialoguing with?

I'm one of the more willing and open conversationalists on this board. Always willing to engage with anyone so long as they're honest and not trolling. The statement I made was a general thought, and it's 100% accurate if you go by evidence and not feelz. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm one of the more willing and open conversationalists on this board. Always willing to engage with anyone so long as they're honest and not trolling. The statement I made was a general thought, and it's 100% accurate if you go by evidence and not feelz. 

Sometimes other people see us differently than we see ourselves. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The goal is to cheat, because they cannot win without it. 

The House bill(s) on vote by mail DID required signature verification to match the signature on the voter registartion card as mentioned in this news clip. Ronna is misstating the facts, the bill would have gotten rid of mandatory notarization by a third party, not signature verification.

The bill would also mandate that postal workers only deliver ballots to mailboxes where the postal worker verifies the person lives there, limiting the potential for loose ballots to be floating around. 

The dem bill also prohibited ballot harvesting by paid workers. 

There's still time for Congress to implement security features before the November election, but Senate Republicans have balked. If you think vote by mail is a grand dem conspiracy, then I suggest you contact you representative and ask them to pass vote by mail legislation that includes security features.

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The House bill(s) on vote by mail DID required signature verification to match the signature on the voter registartion card as mentioned in this news clip. Ronna is misstating the facts, the bill would have gotten rid of mandatory notarization by a third party, not signature verification.

The bill would also mandate that postal workers only deliver ballots to mailboxes where the postal worker verifies the person lives there, limiting the potential for loose ballots to be floating around. 

The dem bill also prohibited ballot harvesting by paid workers. 

There's still time for Congress to implement security features before the November election, but Senate Republicans have balked. If you think vote by mail is a grand dem conspiracy, then I suggest you contact you representative and ask them to pass vote by mail legislation that includes security features.

Vote by mail is a means to cheat. I live in CA, I've seen it first hand. You're incorrect. Senate Republicans balked at federalizing elections. There's an ocean's worth of difference between that position and what you're suggesting. 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Vote by mail is a means to cheat. I live in CA, I've seen it first hand. You're incorrect. Senate Republicans balked at federalizing elections. There's an ocean's worth of difference between that position and what you're suggesting. 

Congress can pass Vote by Mail security regulations without forcing states to enact Vote by Mail. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Congress can pass Vote by Mail security regulations without forcing states to enact Vote by Mail. 

They can -- but no dem is pushing that bill or even proposing it. They're pushing bills loaded with poison pills -- because their goal is not to make the election more secure, it's to cheat. 

Like they did in 2018. 

Like they tried in 2016. 

You have to understand what's at stake this election for the DNC establishment. It has nothing to do with Trump, or a threat to the country from Trump -- and everything to do with trying to hide their own criminal activity. If Trump loses, they will get away with it. If Trump wins, there's a high chance the entire DNC ceases to exist in 4 years. 

That's the corner they're in now. You have to understand this in order to properly analyze the moves being made by all sides. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

by Jennifer VanLaar

The histrionics that come from Democrat-made rules being used against Democrats will never get old.

• Like (+1) 1

Stealing The 2020 Election Through The U.S. Mail

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

Democrats and their media scribes have spent more than three years glued to the narrative that President Donald Trump stole the 2016 election from Hillary Clinton by colluding with Russia to rig the outcome. But they don’t care about the legitimacy of elections. If they did, they wouldn’t be agitating for voting by mail this fall. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So New York Just Basically Invited Me To Commit Voter Fraud

By Jazz Shaw

A pair of letters arrived at our house yesterday for my wife and I. They were identical in appearance and they came from the county Board of Elections. Inside we found an application for an absentee ballot and a letter from the BoE. This seemed rather odd since neither of us had applied for an absentee ballot, nor have we ever done so in the roughly quarter of a century that we’ve lived at this address. We always vote in person.

The reason soon became clear. New York State is going ahead with its primary election on June 23rd, but because of the pandemic, they will only have a limited number of polling places open. With that in mind, they are offering us the chance to mail in our ballots instead of having to mix it up with the crowds at our normal polling place. Fair enough, I suppose. You can see a copy of the letter here, but allow me to transcribe the introduction. (Emphasis in original)

Dear Voter,

Our records indicate that you are registered in a party which is having a Primary Election on Tuesday, June 23, 2020. All voters are allowed to vote by absentee ballot for this Primary Election. Enclosed is an absentee ballot request form which is being sent pursuant to Executive Order 202.23 issued on April 24, 2020.
———-

Sounds normal enough so far, right? Except there’s one problem. While it may come as a surprise to some of you (though I know I’ve mentioned it in the past), I’m not a member of the Republican Party and I haven’t been for more than fifteen years. Nor am I a Democrat. I’m a member of the Conservative Party of New York State (CPNYS). It was formed in 1962 to act as a check on the New York GOP, which frequently skews far too much in the liberal direction if you don’t keep tabs on them.

But the most important thing to know about the CPNYS is that we don’t hold primary elections. Candidates for the Conservative Party line on the ballot are selected at a convention by committee members with input from party members. New York has closed primaries, so it is illegal for me to go and vote in either the Republican or Democratic primaries. And yet the BoE just sent me a form basically daring me to try it.

Of course, the BoE might simply say that it couldn’t happen. If I tried to send in the ballot they would be able to see that I’m not enrolled in either party and toss the vote, possibly charging me with a crime in the process. Okay…if you say so. But how would you determine that… by checking your records? Would those be the same records that told you that I’m “registered in a party which is having a Primary Election on Tuesday, June 23, 2020?”

I’m half tempted to send in the application just as an experiment to see if I could get away with it. Of course, now that I’ve published this on our web site, they’d probably want to make an example out of me and I really don’t feel like taking a felony rap at this stage in my life just to prove a point.

Oh, and there’s one other significant issue with this letter and the attached ballot application. The first field to fill in on the application requires you to give a reason “in good faith” as to why you need an absentee ballot. You have to provide a valid reason and they offer you five possible choices. These involve being out of town on election day, temporary illness, permanent disability, being a caregiver of a disabled person, being a resident of a VA hospital or being in prison. Let’s return to the next instruction I received in that letter.

———-
“For concerns regarding COVID-19 and Social Distancing, please select the “Temporary Illness” option on the application as the reason for requesting an absentee ballot.”
———-

Neither my wife nor myself currently suffer from COVID-19 nor do we believe that we’ve ever been exposed to it thus far. (Thank God for small favors.) Nor are we suffering from any other notable medical issues at present. But this letter just instructed us to check a box saying we have a temporary illness or physical disability. And on the back of that form, the first sentence in the “Instructions” section includes the following: “It is a felony to make a false statement in an application for an absentee ballot, to attempt to cast an illegal ballot, or to help anyone to cast an illegal ballot.”

And yet the BoE is inviting me to make a false statement right a the top of the form and send it in.

More at the link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/05/19/new-york-just-basically-invited-commit-voter-fraud/

• Thank you (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I predict the final votes in this thread will be the score of week 1 versus the Jets.

32-9 currently but odds are that's 42-13 in September.

It doesn't matter, as your poll is dishonest to begin with.

Absentee ballots are not the same thing as mass vote-by-mail.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

It doesn't matter, as your poll is dishonest to begin with.

Absentee ballots are not the same thing as mass vote-by-mail.

He doesn't understand.

Of course I voted no that Absentee ballots shouldn't be illegal

As it explains in the article I posted, (That he ignored) there are only 5 reasons that ballot should be used however.

More at the link: https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/05/19/new-york-just-basically-invited-commit-voter-fraud/

The obvious danger with handing out mail  in ballots to everyone cannot be disputed.

Edited by B-Man

23 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

That's referenced in post #1 of the thread

Why...........yes it is.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:51 PM, Warren Zevon said:

According to some (although Trump's voter fraud commission failed to find any evidence of voter fraud) mail in ballots are rampant with fraud.

Should absentee ballots then be made illegal?

"mail-in votes are rampant with fraud"

AND THEN, you ask us to vote on Absentee voting............an ENTIRELY different issue.

That is you alright.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"mail-in votes are rampant with fraud"

AND THEN, you ask us to vote on Absentee voting............an ENTIRELY different issue.

That is you alright.

I think you misquoted my OP. 

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

I think you misquoted my OP. 

It is ENTIRELY copied in my post............................

You state that some people are saying that mail-in is full of fraud, so should we then make absentee  ballots illegal.

Two separate issues.................laughable poll.

Meanwhile:

Texas Supreme Court Halts Mail-in Ballot Option as Texas AG Ken Paxton Goes to War With Voter Fraud

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Two separate issues.................laughable poll.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Of course I voted no that Absentee ballots shouldn't be illegal

Should have just shut up after you voted in a laughable poll

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

The problem is if covid 19 is a major problem in NOV , the elderly voter workers will stay home like the Wisconsin  primary.

They could then qualify for the (already available) absentee ballots.

There is NO NEED to mail ballots to every  body, especially when the state lists have been proven faulty.

The first field to fill in on the application requires you to give a reason “in good faith” as to why you need an absentee ballot.

You have to provide a valid reason and they offer you five possible choices.

These involve being out of town on election day,

temporary illness,

permanent disability,

being a caregiver of a disabled person,

being a resident of a VA hospital or being in prison.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

They could then qualify for the (already available) absentee ballots.

There is NO NEED to mail ballots to every  body, especially when the state lists have been proven faulty.

I'm not talking about elderly voters but the elderly workers who run the polling sites.

6 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Should have just shut up after you voted in a laughable poll

Well I would.

But you keep posting dishonest sh*t.

So, occasionally, I like to point it out

• Haha (+1) 2

INCREDIBLE! Send that to the FEDS so they can finally make some arrests.

In other news Trump says...

"Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election. This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!"

Except they are mailing applications that need to be filled out and returned to receive an absentee ballot in the mail.

Edited by Warren Zevon
  • Like (+1) 1

Another Democrat narrative is at risk of sinking.

The narrative in question is “voter suppression” allegedly caused by voter ID laws, and acting as the torpedo is this take from Vox:

or is it possible that maybe insisting on tight rules regarding elections and voting -- stay with me here -- isn't "suppression" after all?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

INCREDIBLE! Send that to the FEDS so they can finally make some arrests.

In other news Trump says...

"Breaking: Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election. This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!"

Except they are mailing applications that need to be filled out and returned to receive an absentee ballot in the mail.

So, they are encouraging absentee voting? I wonder why.

• Like (+1) 1