Strength and Conditioning?

I believe one thing McD has done right is to break the curse of Rusty Jones (thanks Mularkey, you prick).  The Bills lack of major injuries the last three years is directly attributable to their superior S&C coaches and trainers.  That, and maybe judicious use of Toradol.... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

it's not the same, but there are a few workout apps that are really good.  some charge like $8 a month.  I started using Sworkit.  Below are links to fitness app reviews.  

https://www.menshealth.com/technology-gear/g23007883/best-fitness-apps/?slide=21

https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/top-iphone-android-apps#jj-official-minute-workout

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I believe one thing McD has done right is to break the curse of Rusty Jones (thanks Mularkey, you prick).  The Bills lack of major injuries the last three years is directly attributable to their superior S&C coaches and trainers.  That, and maybe judicious use of Toradol.... 

You take that back and go knock on some wood!!! 

:)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure where he is 

Looks like Humble TX.  Big time program there (ASP) and a great facility if that’s where he is.

Edited by DFT

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

But is it open? Thought all gyms were closed. 

Yea, I’m not sure about that.  I thought the same, but they definitely look like they’re open for their high-level clientele.  Maybe they have some procedures in place, but honestly I have no idea.  I hope they are open with a contingency on being tested.  

I think the league has declared that team training facilities are off limits to players in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.  The only training that players can do is on their own.   I imagine, however, that as soon as the league permits it, Buffalo coaches and strength and conditioning staffers will be in touch with players to encourage them and give guidance on how they can best use their time.

2 hours ago, DFT said:

Yea, I’m not sure about that.  I thought the same, but they definitely look like they’re open for their high-level clientele.  Maybe they have some procedures in place, but honestly I have no idea.  I hope they are open with a contingency on being tested.  

Corona Vs. Ed Oliver? 

That’s like Peewee Herman trying to fight Mike Tyson. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, DFT said:

When you think back over the years of big-time players reporting to OTAs and Camps out of shape, it’s an indicator of who they are, away from the game and how much discipline they have to themselves (as ugly as it sounds).  Extra time beyond team-influence will potentially effect some pretty big names this year.   The regiments that are going out are absolutely critical for these players to dedicate themselves to, especially with team activities indefinitely suspended.  Players won’t be able to take themselves for granted during the lull.  Especially the guys in the trenches whose bodies depend on a cardio regiment at their size.   

Like who?

43 minutes ago, nucci said:

Like who?

Are you asking just Bills players who have reported out of shape for camp or OTAs the last few years or have been held out due to conditioning concerns/ failed fitness test?

Kelvin Benjamin

Marcell Dareus

Dion Dawkins

Cordy Glenn

Karlos Williams

To name a few big names from around the league (last few years) the list grows.  Here’s a few...

Leveon Bell

Mike Wallace 

Rob Gronkowski

D Revis

Robert Nkemdiche

Mcnabb

Haynesworth

Rolando McCLain 

On 3/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, DFT said:

they could be open for only pro-athletes.  Then wipe everything that athlete touches down afterwards.   I imagine these gyms all smell like a swimming pool at this point.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just found this article in Sports Illustrated, thought it was worth sharing

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/04/06/effects-of-coronavirus-on-athletes-bodies?utm_source=facebook.com&xid=socialflow_facebook_si&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&fbclid=IwAR2rIeSG0mxypM0SISQbnlYVqQo7HOptu0PxumseUL-4NHnUCapOm9GTOys

On 3/26/2020 at 7:11 PM, TigerJ said:

I think the league has declared that team training facilities are off limits to players in order to limit the spread of COVID-19.  The only training that players can do is on their own.   I imagine, however, that as soon as the league permits it, Buffalo coaches and strength and conditioning staffers will be in touch with players to encourage them and give guidance on how they can best use their time.

That is really one restriction they should relax right now, if it's still in place.  Anyone know?

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just found this article in Sports Illustrated, thought it was worth sharing

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2020/04/06/effects-of-coronavirus-on-athletes-bodies?utm_source=facebook.com&xid=socialflow_facebook_si&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sportsillustrated&fbclid=IwAR2rIeSG0mxypM0SISQbnlYVqQo7HOptu0PxumseUL-4NHnUCapOm9GTOys

That is really one restriction they should relax right now, if it's still in place.  Anyone know?

If it hasn’t been relaxed I think if I’m running a team I go ahead and do it anyway and dare the nfl to fine me. But with OTAs originally scheduled to start up soon I would guess they can be in contact with teams virtually at that point regardless