Pick one of the FA RBs (Edited to remove Gordon & Gurley)

If the Bills HAD to add one which would you pick?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which FA RB for the Bills

• Devonta Freeman
    • Carlos Hyde
    • Lamar Miller

There are a lot of options on the market for RB still. Personally, I’d prefer to add one in the draft but that’s not the point here. If you HAD to add one of these guys to the Bills who would it be?

You must factor in cost, fit, injury history, skill set, etc... It is NOT as simple as “which one of these guys is best?” The question is, “which one of these guys would you like the Bills to add?”

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Gurley and no medical= no

Gordon gets the nod here and can catch and run.

Will Beane pull the trigger? probably not as someone will over pay.

Lots of options in the draft and the Bills don't need all 7 picks so Beane can move for the guy he really wants.

I'm more about value and production.  Freeman & Gurley show what happens when sign a big contract and get injured.  Gordon didn't show squaduskie after he sat out and was playing for a contract and Fubarred and can't even get back what the Chargers offered him prior to holdout.  Hyde (my vote) has flipped a few teams and was very productive last year for Texans and will come much more economically.

Lamar ... no votes and I agree at time of this typing.

Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley would want to be paid and be a #1, and I don't see that with having motor! Freeman wouldn't be a bad choice, but I want a bigger back. Lamar Miller is meh having not played last year, so my choice would be Hyde. I think a 2 year deal would be ideal. I also think drafting a kid in the 5th or later would be a good idea.....

Edited by snamsnoops

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good.  The other teams will be dumbfounded when Daboll runs him into the pile on 1st and 2nd downs...

I know, I know:  “Joanie, to your room!”  ?

Come on man! ;) 

That's all Gore could do ;) 

Did you ever see Gore take one outside the tackles?

The rookie found a way to do it. :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

I like Gordon out of the bunch, buy I went with the more realistic option imo of Carlos Hyde. He still doesn't have that much mileage and is coming off of his best season in Houston. I think he would do the same or better behind our OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Can I have Breida instead? ?

I think he is under contract ;)

He is an UFA in 2021 but I bet the 9ers lock him up soon.

Edited by JMF2006
contract

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He got a 2nd round tender; we could still poach him...

If Beane is going to use a 2nd on an RB he probably wants the reasonable contract that comes with drafting one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If Beane is going to use a 2nd on an RB he probably wants the reasonable contract that comes with drafting one.

Yes I’m sure, and I agree. But I stumped for offer sheeting Breida for months, so now I have to follow through ? 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes I’m sure, and I agree. But I stumped for offer sheeting Breida for months, so now I have to follow through ? 

Not happening now with the first rounder gone.

24 minutes ago, H2o said:

I like Gordon out of the bunch, buy I went with the more realistic option imo of Carlos Hyde. He still doesn't have that much mileage and is coming off of his best season in Houston. I think he would do the same or better behind our OL. 

I don't understand why Gordon is unrealistic. The Bills have one of the best cap situations in the league and a need for that type of player at RB. Sometimes it feels like the mentality is that the Bills have less money than everyone else.

We could spend up to13 million and still be at the league average for cap space. Let's sign a guy!

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't understand why Gordon is unrealistic. The Bills have one of the best cap situations in the league and a need for that type of player at RB. Sometimes it feels like the mentality is that the Bills have less money than everyone else.

We could spend up to13 million and still be at the league average for cap space. Let's sign a guy!

The Bills have limited cap space remaining for 2020. They can sign someone like Gordon but the cap space has dried up for the most part.

With Gurley now off the board I would lean towards Hyde. He’s the right combination of cost and effectiveness. He’s coming off a nice year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know what CBs are left in FA, but I think I would rather they sign a reinforcement there and look to the draft for a RB in 2nd or maybe 3rd.  If the FA RBs are better than the CBs, then I guess I could understand signing a FA RB.  

Improving the receiving weapons, as they've done with the Diggs trade, should help open up running room for whomever is carrying the ball. 

If they think they can significantly upgrade the OL, I think that would help the run game as well,.