Jags trade Calais to balt for a 5th

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This just isn’t true. 

Should we pay him $15 million for his 6 sacks? Why not pay a younger free agent who produces more? I don't want Clowney, but I'd rather have him than Campbell. I'd rather have Phillips and Lawson back.

Just now, Lurker said:

For two of the three years. Not last year.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Actually no. Right. 

But hey, maybe they surprise me and get Clowney or someone like Addison. 

He's a good player but he's on the downswing.  No surprise at his age.  Not worth trading for him to be a 1-year rental.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-jaguars-calais-campbell-run-defender-of-the-year

Highest run-defense grades by all defensive linemen in 2019 (min. 250 run-defense snaps, regular season only)
Player Pos. Run-defense snaps Run-defense grade
Calais Campbell ED 301 90.8
Aaron Donald DI 349 90.5
Cameron Heyward DI 368 90.3
Von Miller ED 314 90.0
Carlos Dunlap ED 313 89.0
Edited by Lurker

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And yet cap space isn’t a concern whatsoever..... Bills need to make moves for guys like this one with FA approaching....at times I fear McBeane are too conservative.

He’s better than anything this team has at pass rusher..... come on. 

Don’t we say this every offseason when we lose out on a FA/don’t make a trade? 

Shouldn’t you be more angry that your Jets didn’t trade for him? They need him more than the Bills do. That 5th they sent for Osemele last year at this time that was supposed to be so smart might have stung too much to swing again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shouldn’t you be more angry that your Jets didn’t trade for him? They need him more than the Bills do. That 5th they sent for Osemele last year at this time that was supposed to be so smart might have stung too much to swing again. 

Coincidentally, when I took a first glance at this thread, I read it as “Jets trade for Calais... “. :) 

So, for all the complaints about $15 million in cap space:   Cut Trent Murphy and use his $9.8 million in savings to pay two-thirds of that hit.   

Would anyone say we woundn't be a better team in 2020 by paying that net $5 million more for Calais???... 

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Should we pay him $15 million for his 6 sacks? Why not pay a younger free agent who produces more? I don't want Clowney, but I'd rather have him than Campbell. I'd rather have Phillips and Lawson back.

I would love to have Clowney. As for Phillips/Lawson, it’s questionable whether or not Phillips is a starting caliber player in this league and Shaq is just adequate. Again, Campbell is arguably the best in the league at his position. Incredible run defender and generates a lot of pressure. 

7 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So, for all the complaints about $15 million in cap space:   Cut Trent Murphy and use his $9.8 million in savings to pay two-thirds of that hit.   

Would anyone say we woundn't be a better team in 2020 by paying that net $5 million more for Calais???... 

Maybe they have an agreement in place for Addison already?

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I would love to have Clowney. As for Phillips/Lawson, it’s questionable whether or not Phillips is a starting caliber player in this league and Shaq is just adequate. Again, Campbell is arguably the best in the league at his position. Incredible run defender and generates a lot of pressure. 

Shaq and Jordan are enigmas. They're just good enough to start and help our team but maybe not elite enough to do anything heroic signing them to a big contracts. 

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-jaguars-calais-campbell-run-defender-of-the-year

Highest run-defense grades by all defensive linemen in 2019 (min. 250 run-defense snaps, regular season only)
Player Pos. Run-defense snaps Run-defense grade
Calais Campbell ED 301 90.8
Aaron Donald DI 349 90.5
Cameron Heyward DI 368 90.3
Von Miller ED 314 90.0
Carlos Dunlap ED 313 89.0

Great. We need pass rush, not run defense.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And yet Cambell had only one more sack than Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1