King Crimson Announces US 2020 Tour (with The Zappa Band)

T&C

Saw them 2 years ago in Philly, phenomenal show. One thing I did not care for though is that they kept the house lights on all night, only lowering them for Starless...  wasted opportunity to improve the show IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, T&C said:

So, you're going then? How can a day months ahead be a work day?

I worked with consultants who put their billable hours into their timesheets half a year in advance 

Quite a magic trick

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

I work every Tuesday evening.  Not everyone works day shift.

I see. I don't know what you do for work but I'm not sure of any job that can't let anyone be there for one day... months ahead. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

I worked with consultants who put their billable hours into their timesheets half a year in advance 

Quite a magic trick

Hash it out at the concert... tell them it's "the new way".

BTW... going to hopefully hit the Orlando show. The combo is a little bizarre but Zappa is a fave and any version of KC works here.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:38 PM, Lurker said:

Artpark locked and loaded on July 1!...

I'm there. Saw them last year at Boch Center Boston. They are amazing. They played the range of their catalog too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Is there a younger generation interested in KC, beyond the big early album?

I (49 years old) have never listened to KC and would be able to "point them out," if I was played every song they ever recorded.  I have friends my age, however (all musicians), who love them.  They're coming to my hometown, but I won't go.  I do think it's cool that they're playing smaller arenas, though.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I (49 years old) have never listened to KC and would be able to "point them out," if I was played every song they ever recorded.  I have friends my age, however (all musicians), who love them.  They're coming to my hometown, but I won't go.  I do think it's cool that they're playing smaller arenas, though.

Robert Fripp’s 3-minute one-take solo (I believe it was him) on  Brian Eno’s Baby’s On Fire, a top 3 for me in pop/rock... always rated top-10 status on CFNY all time lists, the Genesis hit Supper’s Ready was the other prog hit that appealed to listeners in the 80s

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I saw KC  and thought you meant 

KC and the Sunshine Band 

GettyImages-1039619730.jpg?w=980&q=75

that’s another story

once on spring break in the 80s the band’s yacht pulled into the marina I was near and I got talking with KC and he invited me and my three friends aboard for a day, that was quite the time....

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Just got an alert Bill Rieflin passed away at 59. I was more familiar with his work in Ministry than King Crimson. He played in quite a range of bands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/music/news/bill-rieflin-drummer-ministry-rem-king-crimson-dies-dead-1203544112/amp/

Don't know anything about Bill Rieflin, but I've seen Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree), Joe Travers (Zappa Plays Zappa) and Pat Mastelotto (Crimson Projekt) who were all part of the planned 2020 King Crimson tour.  Would have been worth it just for the drummers for me.

Only percussionist I've seen live that was better than Gavin Harrison was Neil Peart.

13 hours ago, The Dean said:

June 5th in St Aug. But I assume this is probably going to be canceled, if it isn't already. If not, I'm there.

I have tickets for Rochester Hills MI . June   26.

No cancellation …..  yet   :(

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

King Crimson will not play at Artpark  in Lewiston this summer.

Probably in the summer of 2021.

Knowing how KC rolls it could be a completely different lineup by that time.