Redskins and Tua at pick 2 - Smokescreen or real?

Who knows what the Redskins are thinking? To me this would mean that Snyder has completely backed off from the personnel decisions in Washington, which would be a first in 20+ years. Maybe that was a stipulation Rivera had thrown into his negotiations? I think Detroit would be absolutely ecstatic if this happened and Chase Young fell into their lap. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Skins really want Tua, they didn't have to have this thrown out there so early on in the draft process. At 2, they'll have their choice at anyone but Burrow. Ron also seems like a guy that prefers to keep things close to the vest like Sean, so I don't see it happening. 

I guess it’s not the same as Arizona if they want to keep Haskins and draft Tua, but I feel like we heard that for awhile from the Cards too last year that they might keep both and then finally traded Rosen. 2nd rd pick a pretty good return actually for that guy. 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think it's real. New staff plus Haskins didn't show much...Understand he was a rookie but Tua may offer more upside and much quicker

It'd be interesting to see what they could get for Haskins.  More than what Arizona got for Rosen?

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

It'd be interesting to see what they could get for Haskins.  More than what Arizona got for Rosen?

Doubt it. I don't see anyone ponying up a 2nd for Haskins. Maybe a 4th. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess it’s not the same as Arizona if they want to keep Haskins and draft Tua, but I feel like we heard that for awhile from the Cards too last year that they might keep both and then finally traded Rosen. 2nd rd pick a pretty good return actually for that guy. 

Yep - at the end of the day a few of the teams in need of QBs this year after the QB carousel would probably be interested.  I'm sure pittsburgh would be interested if the price was right.  Same with New Orleans, Vegas, LAC, or Carolina.

4 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

If the Skins really want Tua, they didn't have to have this thrown out there so early on in the draft process. At 2, they'll have their choice at anyone but Burrow. Ron also seems like a guy that prefers to keep things close to the vest like Sean, so I don't see it happening. 

They're in the drivers seat though - if someone wants him now they know they're going to have to pony up a ton.

Just now, DJB said:

Normally I'd say smokescreen but Snyder is nuts so who knows

I don't think its nuts... The roster wasn't great but i didn't see Haskins do anything that really jumped out.  If you think you can get a better QB prospect, you should probably do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

They're in the drivers seat though - if someone wants him now they know they're going to have to pony up a ton.

Maybe they are after all of Miami's 1st Round picks? I don't think Flores and company take the bait though. I actually think that Miami may even try to trade back in a couple of instances to stockpile picks for next year to go all in on Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I hope this happens so I can laugh at the Redskins and Dolphins simultaneously.

It would be nice if the Fish didn’t get him not sure I want them to take Herbert either , i think he will be really good. Chargers are going to do what they have to do there though, could see a haul to Detroit and taking him at 3

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Maybe they are after all of Miami's 1st Round picks? I don't think Flores and company take the bait though. I actually think that Miami may even try to trade back in a couple of instances to stockpile picks for next year to go all in on Lawrence. 

All it takes is a QB on a mediocre team to go down and they can lose lawrence though.  Carr gets hurt, or Mayfield, or Brissett or something.  They could immediately become one of the worst teams in the league.

Edited by dneveu

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would be nice if the Fish didn’t get him not sure I want them to take Herbert either , i think he will be really good. Chargers are going to do what they have to do there though, could see a haul to Detroit and taking him at 3

If Tua goes at 2, they may panic and overpay in a trade up. Chargers can only offer so much to try and get Herbert and the dolphins have a lot more draft picks.  

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

I went to Mavericks/Wizards game.    

They introduced Haskins on the Jumbotron and no one clapped or cheered at all. 

I wonder if Cardale Jones would have had more cheering.

• Haha (+1) 2

If they didn’t have Haskins, I’d say it would be a no brainer.  However, I’m also not sold on Haskins.  

Coaches need their QB, so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if this happened.