Uber driver doing 125-130 mph....how would you handle it?

If you made it home alive then count youmr blessings  no point in putting hands on him after that . Nothing good would come of it......now if you put hands on him during the high speed adventure,  you may have a case providing he doesn't crash and kill everyone. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I think this voids the fine for peeing, puking or pooping in the back seat. 

I had a “friend” in high school who was a bit older....he had already dropped out of college and spent his time hitting on young HS girls. He topped 100 mph on a dark country road in the family station wagon listening to the Stones. I was yelling at him to stop, but he thought it was cool. 

I did not put my hands on him at the time, but I never got in a car with him again. About a month later we were playing football at a school near the house (a couple hundred yards from where he blew through a stop sign at 100+). He got loose coming down the sideline and I thought he would just step OB or I’d push him OB. Nope! He tried to truck me.....and lost BADLY! Form tackle, picked him up and spiked him down on his shoulder. He could have just stepped out, but his shoulder was badly separated. He never had the surgery needed as far as I knew and his right shoulder used to pop out doing little things like playing basketball or shoveling snow. I didn’t mean to i hurt him, but I was still angry and there was no way I was going to roll over. Karma, baby.....

He finally knocked up some girl and was living with his parents the last I knew. 

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would be irate.  I don’t like going fast.  I won’t even get on a motorcycle.  It’s my fear and you do something like this to me...I won’t be cool.

I agree.  I’m telling him to slow down immediately or I’ll be recording and reporting him to Uber and the cops.

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree.  I’m telling him to slow down immediately or I’ll be recording and reporting him to Uber and the cops.

I’m recording and calling 911 from the car reporting the location. Oh, and praying I arrive alive. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Especially since the conditions weren't even good.  

@Binghamton Beast once the car is stopped and he drops you off....can you put your hands on him?  It would be very hard for me not to.  I had to be restrained from a friend who did this to me last year.  

Once the car is stopped, and you are no longer in danger, as much as he would deserve an ass kicking, no you couldn't legally put your hands on him....though a swift punch to the head, as long as you didn't cause physical injury, would just get you a Harrassment 2nd Degree charge here in New York State, which isn't even a crime.

Now, with saying that, even if you did hit him and injured the driver, I can't imagine any jury in the world convicting anyone for Assault after seeing that video.

Without a video you'd have a more difficult time wnning.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I've always had a no ride policy if I thought the road conditions were poor.  I've have been lucky that I have always had that choice.  Now, there have been times when I was driving myself versus catching a ride when the weather was poor.  One time while I was at Cornell there was a guy who needed a ride to the bus station down on Meadow St while there was a major snow event going on.  I did not want to go downtown because there is a serious drop in grade from the Cornell campus to downtown and I did not want to fight my way back up.  In the end I bought into his tale of woe and took him to the bus station.  All the way down Route 13 to downtown and then to a grocery store (which had been my plan originally but one much closer to campus) and then back up the hill to campus in a rear wheel drive Chevy fishtailing all the way back.  Screwed up my whole day as I wanted to spend a fair amount of the afternoon at one of the campus libraries but wound up having to use part of my Sunday for classwork when I had earmarked it for other things.

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I believe Uber has a safety feature now that allows you to report this type of thing in real time.

Did you pick up where this happened? It was in KPH vs MPH, so I have to wonder.  If it’s on the Autobahn or something that’s a bit different, I guess. 

I had a long Uber ride to the airport recently, enough time to talk about some of the funny rides for the driver. My favorite was when he picked up two “ladies” at a bar, and they start getting wild in the back seat trying to distract him. Before you know it, they are putting a bra on his head and often over his eyes. He gets them home and struggles to get one out of the car.....and she pukes all over him. He gets rid of her, but his pants are covered in vomit so he takes them off and throws them in the trunk. He arrives home at the same time as his wife, then has to explain why there is a bra in his front seat.....and he’s not wearing any pants. Oh, joy! Lol

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Did you pick up where this happened? It was in KPH vs MPH, so I have to wonder.  If it’s on the Autobahn or something that’s a bit different, I guess. 

I had a long Uber ride to the airport recently, enough time to talk about some of the funny rides for the driver. My favorite was when he picked up two “ladies” at a bar, and they start getting wild in the back seat trying to distract him. Before you know it, they are putting a bra on his head and often over his eyes. He gets them home and struggles to get one out of the car.....and she pukes all over him. He gets rid of her, but his pants are covered in vomit so he takes them off and throws them in the trunk. He arrives home at the same time as his wife, then has to explain why there is a bra in his front seat.....and he’s not wearing any pants. Oh, joy! Lol

I'm guessing it's Canada

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I believe Uber has a safety feature now that allows you to report this type of thing in real time.

They (Uber) have certainly stepped up their game of late, initiating a Window sign like Lyft and measures to assure passenger safety.

Then again, they absolutely HAD TO!