Shady is inactive for the SB

Reed83HOF

He is a replacement level player at this point of his career. He fumbled a few times in KC, if he fumbled again tonight Reid would get fried for it. I know he has always carried the ball “loosely” and got away with it for the most part but tonight is no time to risk it. 

Go get em Patrick!

20 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

if KC truly believes that that 53rd guy on the roster is critical for their success, then fine. But if not, seems like they ought to get McCoy out there for his final hurrah.  

The 47th thru 53rd are not active.  It is not like Don Beebe who after a great playoff game was put on IR for Superbowl so some practice squad member could take his place who was never active in game.

10 hours ago, CSBill said:

This, I fully agree with. As a matter of fact, this is one of those NFL things that makes no sense at all to me. Why do they not allow the full roster to dress and play? What logic am I missing here?

What you are missing is that before the inactive players who needed development time or injured and unable to play a game were cut so teams could activate a player they needed.  Now with inactive players they do not need to do this.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know someone taught you "when you hear hoofbeats, don't think of zebras"

I know it.

The horse clopping along is that McCoy averaged 5.5 ypc in the first 6 games he played in this season, but only 3.3 ypc in the most recent 6 games he played this season.

The most straightforward explanation is that Reid feels the game plan calls for activating 2 and not 3 RBs, and Shady is no longer considered the best 2 RBs on the KC team.

Why come up with some hypothetical "attitude" speculation?

McCoy carried 10x in that week 16 game last year.  The benching at the start didn't last long - slap on a wrist for being late to the bus or some such.

Looks who he is dressing in his place--a rookie who's  had 5 carries since Christmas.  That guy is better than McCoy?  Come on!

Look, if Reid suits up McCoy tonight, then this discussion ends immediately.  If he doesn't you have to come up with something better than a rarely used rookie is playing better right now for Reid's SB gameplan.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, Mr. WEO said:

MANY here blamed the O-line.  But it wasn't so.  The fork was in him last year for sure.

Sure there has been the Nate Peterman, the Kelvin Benjamin, the Lee Smith....but I give credit to McD for smelling the milk-gone-bad on McCoy's career and sending him on his way.

Nope. Instead he kept the curdled milk, Frank Gore. If he really knew better he would have at least had another back ready to replace Gore...they might have won the division, and had a better shot in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Nope. Instead he kept the curdled milk, Frank Gore. If he really knew better he would have at least had another back ready to replace Gore...they might have won the division, and had a better shot in the playoffs.

Guess you're saying Reid doesn't know any better either.

Anyway, the Bills did have a better back--Singletary.  McD wouldn't give him the ball.  That's why the didn't have "a better shot inn the playoffs".  McD didn't want McCoy around Singletary.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Guess you're saying Reid doesn't know any better either.

Anyway, the Bills did have a better back--Singletary.  McD wouldn't give him the ball.  That's why the didn't have "a better shot inn the playoffs".  McD didn't want McCoy around Singletary.

one thing I will say- can you imagine if there was a run on backs and we missed out? 

mccoy-gore-yeldon could’ve been a rough trio to ride a whole year

• Like (+1) 2