New York (again)

On 6/18/2020 at 5:46 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nothing against the holiday........but with him whining about $15 billion of red ink, he chooses to add to it now..................

I work for the State of NY, it takes 12 weeks to requisition a new pencil sharpener FCOL, and always with the excuse, "Well you know Albany."  But Cuomo can create a new holiday over night when it's politically expedient for him to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

Texas Travelers Headed to New York, Connecticut Or New Jersey to Quarantine for 14 Days

Visitors from states over a set infection rate will have to quarantine, according to NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo

New York, Connecticut and New Jersey will require visitors from states with high infection rates, including Texas, to quarantine for 14 days, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.

"We now have to make sure the rates continue to drop," Cuomo said. "We also have to make sure the virus doesn't come on a plane again."

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Texas Travelers Headed to New York, Connecticut Or New Jersey to Quarantine for 14 Days

Visitors from states over a set infection rate will have to quarantine, according to NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo

New York, Connecticut and New Jersey will require visitors from states with high infection rates, including Texas, to quarantine for 14 days, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday.

"We now have to make sure the rates continue to drop," Cuomo said. "We also have to make sure the virus doesn't come on a plane again."

</snip>

Good luck enforcing it, *****o.

HYPOCRITE:

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS:

● Shot: Cuomo: New York Quarantine Would Be ‘Federal Declaration Of War.’

Forbes, March 28th.

● Chaser: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut to quarantine visitors from states with high coronavirus infections.

—Reuters, today.

Can they come from the nursing homes in those states Andy ?

I hear we have some open beds..........

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

HYPOCRITE:

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS:

● Shot: Cuomo: New York Quarantine Would Be ‘Federal Declaration Of War.’

Forbes, March 28th.

● Chaser: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut to quarantine visitors from states with high coronavirus infections.

—Reuters, today.

Can they come from the nursing homes in those states Andy ?

I hear we have some open beds..........

...how often does a snake shed its skin?.....and this one will get re-elected in a 2022 NYS landslide unless he eyes 1600 Pennsylvania......

Politics as usual in the great state of NY looking back i'm so glad i left and live in Tenn. !! Although i still like to visit because it's still home but it's like the family member you don't want to admit is actually family ...

2 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

this is blocked behind a paywall I can't view it.

Basically, opening up the economy in WNY has seen a spike in younger people testing positive (<30 years old).  No mention of protests in WNY contributing to this phenomenon.  Answer posed - we may need to curtail our economy again to reduce the spread, if it continues to spiral.  Frustrating if you’re a small business owner...

8 hours ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Did I miss it? There was nothing in there about under 30, or protests.

Meanwhile, after 17 days of falling or steady hospitalization rates due to Covid-19, Erie County saw an increase on Monday, though the number of patients in intensive care remains level.

Hospitalizations in Erie County bumped up from 36 cases on Sunday to 41, as of Monday. However, compared to hospitalization numbers from early- to mid-June, that hospitalization number is still relatively low.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Did I miss it? There was nothing in there about under 30, or protests.

Meanwhile, after 17 days of falling or steady hospitalization rates due to Covid-19, Erie County saw an increase on Monday, though the number of patients in intensive care remains level.

Hospitalizations in Erie County bumped up from 36 cases on Sunday to 41, as of Monday. However, compared to hospitalization numbers from early- to mid-June, that hospitalization number is still relatively low.

</snip>

Mentioned age but no obvious connection to the street parties in early June (3 weeks ago).  I ain’t no rocket scientist, but if it quacks like a frog...

“Individuals under age 30 account for less than a quarter of all confirmed Covid-19 cases since the county began tracking the numbers in March, but they have accounted for a third of all new cases over the past three weeks.“

Edited by 123719bwiqrb
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 123719bwiqrb said:

“Individuals under age 30 account for less than a quarter of all confirmed Covid-19 cases since the county began tracking the numbers in March, but they have accounted for a third of all new cases over the past three weeks.“

Ok, that is weird. I'd copy and paste the whole article here but that is not allowed, but I don't have that. I wonder if my link got corrupted?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ok, that is weird. I'd copy and paste the whole article here but that is not allowed, but I don't have that. I wonder if my link got corrupted?

Thank you!

No prob.

My point of all this is I will be pissed if they reverse course and blame it on just reopening the economy.  Obvs the mixing of angry people in the streets at the orders of the MSM had nothing to do with it.

• Like (+1) 1

...Big Fredo and Bumblin' Billy strike again.......

Cuomo, de Blasio wrong to limit worship services, condone mass protests: federal judge

New York Gov. coronavirus orders unfairly targeted houses of worship, federal judge says.

By Caleb Parke | Fox News

A federal judge said New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Attorney General Letitia James, and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio "exceeded" their executive limits by limiting worship services and condoning mass protests as the state continues to reopen from coronavirus restrictions.

U.S. District Judge Gary L. Sharpe issued a preliminary injunction Friday on behalf of two Catholic priests -- Steven Soos and Nicholas Stamos -- and a trio of Orthodox Jewish congregants -- Elchanan Perr, Daniel Schonborn, and Mayer Mayerfeld -- in Brooklyn, represented by the Thomas More Society.

They filed the suit in the Northern District of New York after mass protests and looting occurred in the Big Apple following George Floyd's police-related death in May.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-coronavirus-reopen-plan-church-synagogue

• Thank you (+1) 1

Cuomo, de Blasio wrong to limit worship services, condone mass protests: federal judge

New York Gov. coronavirus orders unfairly targeted houses of worship, federal judge says.

A federal judge said New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Attorney General Letitia James, and New York City Mayor a Bill de Blasio "exceeded" their executive limits by limiting worship services and condoning mass protests as the state continues to reopen from coronavirus restrictions.

</snip>

Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio could have just as easily discouraged protests, short of condemning their message, in the name of public health and exercised discretion to suspend enforcement for public safety reasons instead of encouraging what they knew was a flagrant disregard of the outdoor limits and social distancing rules," the judge added. "They could have also been silent. But by acting as they did, Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio sent a clear message that mass protests are deserving of preferential treatment."

</snip>

As a result of the federal order, Cuomo, James, and de Blasio are "enjoined and restrained from enforcing any indoor gathering limitations” against the involved houses of worship “greater than imposed for Phase 2 industries,” provided that participants follow the prescribed social distancing.

They are also forbidden from “enforcing any limitation for outdoor gatherings provided that participants in such gatherings follow social distancing requirements as set forth in the applicable executive orders and guidance.”

</snip>

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, 123719bwiqrb said:

No prob.

My point of all this is I will be pissed if they reverse course and blame it on just reopening the economy.  Obvs the mixing of angry people in the streets at the orders of the MSM had nothing to do with it.

So, >30 are the increased numbers? Thst would explain the fact that hospitalizations are not skyrocketing. Without tests I would bet they wouldnt wven know they had it

FEDERAL JUDGE: Cuomo And De Blasio Can’t Limit The Size Of Outdoor Religious Services If They Didn’t Care About Limiting The Size Of Protests.

“A gratifying victory.

The subtext of the ruling, wrote Peter Spiliakos, is that ‘the NY state and city governments were treating left-wing protest as a de facto state religion and were discriminating against other faiths.’ 

Gotta treat all creeds equally under the law.

No special privileges for devotional wokery.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4