New York (again)

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Cuomo's latest executive order is at least starting to loosen up some things.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no-20228-continuing-temporary-suspension-and-modification-laws-relating-disaster-emergency

It's progress, but he's still an unmitigated ass.

Not being familiar with all those underlying statues that are back (pretty much) to normal enforcement, could you give us a Reader's Digest version of what actually has been opened up?

Thanks in advance, counselor. :beer:

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not being familiar with all those underlying statues that are back (pretty much) to normal enforcement, could you give us a Reader's Digest version of what actually has been opened up?

Thanks in advance, counselor. :beer:

Sure:

1.) A buncha ***** I couldn't care less about.

2.) Criminal court judges can now hold felony hearings to determine whether probable cause exists to hold someone accused of a felony  in jail (assuming the judge does not find good cause to ignore the hearing because the prosecutors can't empanel a grand jury.)

3.) People can now be released if they've previously had (and lost) a felony hearing after not being indicted within 45 days - again unless the judge finds good cause to ignore it because of the grand jury limitations.

4.) Certain proceedings can be done, and pleas can be taken, remotely through electronic (i.e. Skype for Business) proceedings.

5.) Tibs still touches himself at night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, Koko78 said:

Sure:

1.) A buncha ***** I couldn't care less about.

2.) Criminal court judges can now hold felony hearings to determine whether probable cause exists to hold someone accused of a felony  in jail (assuming the judge does not find good cause to ignore the hearing because the prosecutors can't empanel a grand jury.)

3.) People can now be released if they've previously had (and lost) a felony hearing after not being indicted within 45 days - again unless the judge finds good cause to ignore it because of the grand jury limitations.

4.) Certain proceedings can be done, and pleas can be taken, remotely through electronic (i.e. Skype for Business) proceedings.

5.) Tibs still touches himself at night.

You are correct. He essentially extended NY PAUSE until June 7.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/gov-andrew-cuomo-keeps-finger-on-new-yorks-coronavirus-pause-button/

5 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

You are correct. He essentially extended NY PAUSE until June 7.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/09/gov-andrew-cuomo-keeps-finger-on-new-yorks-coronavirus-pause-button/

...sounds like he's back tracking......

NY extends provisions on some coronavirus orders, but stay-at-home decision pending past May 15

Joseph Spector, New York State Team Published 2:20 p.m. ET May 9, 2020 | Updated 5:33 p.m. ET May 9, 2020

The article has been updated with clarification on the orders signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

ALBANY - New York has extended some executive orders due to the coronavirus in recent days, but still hasn't decided on how long it would extend the stay-at-home order, Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office said Saturday afternoon.

Initially, two orders signed by Cuomo on Thursday and Friday seemed to indicate the governor had extended the order that limits New York's economy only to essential businesses from May 15 to June 6. And the governor's office initially confirmed the change to news outlets.

But Cuomo's office clarified later in the day that only certain orders pertaining to coronavirus, such as eviction protections, have been extended into June.

The "New York State on Pause" order is still set to expire May 15.

"NY ON PAUSE was not extended to June 6," Cuomo's secretary Melissa DeRosa said in a statement.

"Yesterday's Executive Order extended the underlying legal authority for the Emergency Order, but did not change the text of any of the directives in NY ON PAUSE and so the expiration date of May 15 still stands until further notice," she continued.

"At that time, new guidance will be issued for regions based on the metrics outlined by Governor Cuomo earlier this week."

The closure of businesses, regardless of the time frame set statewide, will remain unless regions of the state can meet seven criteria related to the coronavirus to reopen..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sounds like he's back tracking......

NY extends provisions on some coronavirus orders, but stay-at-home decision pending past May 15

Joseph Spector, New York State Team Published 2:20 p.m. ET May 9, 2020 | Updated 5:33 p.m. ET May 9, 2020

The article has been updated with clarification on the orders signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

ALBANY - New York has extended some executive orders due to the coronavirus in recent days, but still hasn't decided on how long it would extend the stay-at-home order, Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office said Saturday afternoon.

Initially, two orders signed by Cuomo on Thursday and Friday seemed to indicate the governor had extended the order that limits New York's economy only to essential businesses from May 15 to June 6. And the governor's office initially confirmed the change to news outlets.

But Cuomo's office clarified later in the day that only certain orders pertaining to coronavirus, such as eviction protections, have been extended into June.

The "New York State on Pause" order is still set to expire May 15.

"NY ON PAUSE was not extended to June 6," Cuomo's secretary Melissa DeRosa said in a statement.

"Yesterday's Executive Order extended the underlying legal authority for the Emergency Order, but did not change the text of any of the directives in NY ON PAUSE and so the expiration date of May 15 still stands until further notice," she continued.

"At that time, new guidance will be issued for regions based on the metrics outlined by Governor Cuomo earlier this week."

The closure of businesses, regardless of the time frame set statewide, will remain unless regions of the state can meet seven criteria related to the coronavirus to reopen..

So, basically, on May 15, Prince Andrew will move the goal posts again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dhg said:

So, basically, on May 15, Prince Andrew will move the goal posts again.

...ok so I'm going to "rinse and repeat" because I'm not smart enough to figure this out.....not sure how he has become the NYS media darling......with the population density in NYC coupled by the traveler influx worldwide, this city was WOEFULLY unprepared, NOT for Covid-19 which is an anomaly (unreasonable expectation IMO),  but something "remotely similar" BUT on a far less percentage basis......with MILLIONS crammed in on top of each other, shouldn't there be some foresight as far as pro-active planning?.....even fundamental supplies were not available in NYS stockpiles which is incomprehensible.....so is the blame game valid?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ok so I'm going to "rinse and repeat" because I'm not smart enough to figure this out.....not sure how he has become the NYS media darling......with the population density in NYC coupled by the traveler influx worldwide, this city was WOEFULLY unprepared, NOT for Covid-19 which is an anomaly (unreasonable expectation IMO),  but something "remotely similar" BUT on a far less percentage basis......with MILLIONS crammed in on top of each other, shouldn't there be some foresight as far as pro-active planning?.....even fundamental supplies were not available in NYS stockpiles which is incomprehensible.....so is the blame game valid?....

Agree 100%. I would think his approval numbers would be bottoming out, especially after the nursing home debacle, but the sheep continue to follow for reasons I just don't understand.

3 hours ago, dhg said:

Agree 100%. I would think his approval numbers would be bottoming out, especially after the nursing home debacle, but the sheep continue to follow for reasons I just don't understand.

...neither do I......downstate is the nation'sCovid-19 gateway  hotbed but that's where his support comes from as always.......WNY and upstate NYS are parasites (cough) feeding off of downstate (BIGGER cough) according to some pundits.....according to my NYSDOT and NYSTA buddies, he is the ONLY known NYS government official without an email address.....hence, NOTHING in writing......and I think that taping phone messages is illegal without full disclosure......so what does he fear??....interesting.........look at the political map of NYS.......NYC is Blue beyond belief while the rest of the whole damn state is red......well??.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

according to my NYSDOT and NYSTA buddies, he is the ONLY known NYS government official without an email address.....hence, NOTHING in writing...

My boss is very politically connected throughout the state, and has been for a long time. He once remarked that all previous NY governors, even if they weren't directly approachable, had at least some backdoor way to directly communicate/lobby. Not Emperor Andrew. His inner circle is airtight. There is no possible way to get a message to him about anything without going through his handlers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

My boss is very politically connected throughout the state, and has been for a long time. He once remarked that all previous NY governors, even if they weren't directly approachable, had at least some backdoor way to directly communicate/lobby. Not Emperor Andrew. His inner circle is airtight. There is no possible way to get a message to him about anything without going through his handlers.

Was just on a call w/ family members;  my sisters singing the praises of his 'leadership'.  :doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

Was just on a call w/ family members;  my sisters singing the praises of his 'leadership'.  :doh:

Of course. The media is fellating themselves over sugartits at every press conference he holds. Facts of his response be damned.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I'd say unbelievable, but par for the course for this buffoon. Excelsior? Sure, Prince Andrew. 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

My cousin was in a similar situation.

He could not get anything TO the governor,

but when he had a complaint, Andrew got right to him. 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

So, I had asked where they were going to go when discharged, as the nursing home is their home. Looks like they cannot be discharged until they test negative.

Hospitals can’t discharge coronavirus patients to nursing homes: Gov. Cuomo

Patients in New York hospitals must now test negative for the coronavirus before they can be discharged to nursing homes, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday — partially reversing a policy that forced sickened seniors into facilities housing those most vulnerable.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

New York has mismanaged COVID-19 from top to bottom

by Stephen L. Miller

Original Article

Andrew Cuomo is having the time of his life. His approval ratings are through the roof and he’s being talked about as a replacement for Joe Biden should Joe wander off somewhere without his Visiting Angel, never to be found again. Hipster merchandise featuring his face is exploding on Etsy and he’s getting a nightly hour with his own brother on CNN to chat about oh, this and that, and whatever is happening in his day at the given moment. It’s quite the arrangement! Andrew doesn’t ask his brother why he broke quarantine, literally endangering lives and the younger Fredo doesn’t ask him about 1,700 previously uncounted COVID related deaths in New York nursing homes

• Thank you (+1) 2