YoloinOhio

Chargers moving on from Philip Rivers after 16 years

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Even with Rivers gone, there is still something amiss with that team.

always the should be better than they actually are team

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

They are actually a good candidate for a young QB - good WRs, good running game and good defense to prop the kid up while he develops. take the Rivers $$ and invest in the OL and there you go!

They need more on the OL (has been the case for years) but I think Rivers made them look worse than they were because he couldn’t move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

The 3 and 4 spots are going to be very interesting this April.

The marriage of Tepper and Rhule means that Carolina is a real threat to splash their way ahead of Miami to get Rhule his hand-picked QB...just guessing that would be Herbert.

If LAC want Tua, they could move to 4, as I’m sure Gettleman would be tickled to move back for a hefty sum.

That leaves Jordan Love for Miami at 5...else they miss out on a QB despite 3 first rounders. Bad, bad look IMO.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Not gonna happen in a million years for many reasons.

But if it does, you can bash me all you want. 😀

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but all of us who’ve been Bills fans the past 25 years know a franchise that’s a mess when we see one.  Trading Bosa is like us trading Peters or raiders trading Mack.  Takes a special kind of dysfunction and that’s what I see out of the Chargers.  

• Like (+1) 1

So Melvin Gordon just made an interesting case for Rivers to sign with the Colts.

- It would reunite him with Nick Sirianni, who currently serves as the offensive coordinator in Indy. Before signing on with the Colts, Sirianni spent five seasons as an offensive assistant with the Chargers.

- Rivers also has history with Reich.  Reich spent three seasons with the Chargers, including two as the team's offensive coordinator (2014-15). In 2015, Rivers threw for a career-high 4,792 yards

-Colts had a decent run game with a young Marlon Mack, but were 30th in passing yards.

-Decent OL if they can re-sign Castanzo (or tag him)

-$86M of clear cap, so they could theoretically sign both Rivers, and Castanzo

Hmmmmm.

• Like (+1) 1