The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure what it means... coordinated in our transportation? Plane travel? Federal highways? Trains? More than that?

He's never pressured a Governor to close, so not sure if he will pressure to reopen (or not reopen).

Just my take -- he's baiting the press. 

A Tweet isn't an official order. He's giving his enemies a chance to run wild with stories for a few days -- then will do it completely differently. It's a move he's perfected to expose the bias/true agendas of certain outlets/reporters/political rivals.

22 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That's not what he said. He was pretty clear. He believes it is not up to governors to open up the states. It is up to him.

image.thumb.png.abbb50c88ec577f3a5b56d63ae0022ed.png

Trump isn't an A to B communicator. He's an A to Z to D back to A then to D. 

(jmo)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A Tweet isn't an official order. He's giving his enemies a chance to run wild with stories for a few days -- then will do it completely differently. It's a move he's perfected to expose the bias/true agendas of certain outlets/reporters/political rivals.

You are probably correct.

The press conference today should be er, interesting...  Trump is again a dictator after not doing enough to close down the states (the press' pretzel logic is something to behold).

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(jmo)

Right that makes sense DR.  As well as President Trump part. Makes lots of sense.

Good posting here today from everyone. Witch is why liking. Good taking info but Ryan Fitzpatrick giving to others like info. The amazing and the horrible lol.  Hope people don't mind usly keep on the quite side. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(jmo)

Drives my husband insane. I follow it easily, mostly because I am like that too.  Yes, I can frustrate hubby when I am making a point. 

Nothing like a tangent to tell a good story and make certain the people in the audience are listening closely, is my motto! ?

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Good posting here today from everyone. 

It's early. The personal insults and bullying are just around the corner!

But really, this thread is a "10" when it stays on topic. Doc's discussion about oxygen, Trump's tweets on his right to control the states, recovery talk. 

I want to start the climb out so I look forward to hearing those plans.

And I agree with how Trump communicates. I believe that if the administration talks like Trump talked, but puts out "suggested" plans, it will give governors political cover to "follow" what the federal government says to do. Governors can say, "Look at what they are saying...I had no choice." Seems cockamamie to me but as long as it is centrally planned and coordinated, I'm for it. 

Edited by shoshin

23 minutes ago, GG said:

I briefly touched on this a few days ago with Foxx.  Most of this is conspiratorial bull####. 

5G is simply the next generation wireless technology, not too much different than moving from 1G - 2G - 3G and 4G over the last two decades.   Most 5G service will be on the same/similar frequencies that current cellphones have been operating on since the '80s.   The new concern however should be on the fixed wireless aspect of 5G which uses millimeter wave frequencies, which are a bit more dangerous to the human body.  But, the deployment of 5G to date has zero correlation to where Wuhan virus was out of control. 

Not really. There is a fundamental shift in how 5G works that makes it essential for future state surveillance. After all, china's taken the lead on this technology

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Not really. There is a fundamental shift in how 5G works that makes it essential for future state surveillance. After all, china's taken the lead on this technology

What's the shift exactly?

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

There's a fundamental shift in all technology advancements.  That's why there are different numbers.   The ability to install a surveillance state is certainly easier with 5G than prior techs.  Has nothing to do with the inherent safety of the wavelengths.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh 

It’s up to him FIRST! Then he governor will make their own decision.

He says it’s his decision not governor’s. He may change his mind about this Like he often does but he said it. 

25 minutes ago, GG said:

I briefly touched on this a few days ago with Foxx.  Most of this is conspiratorial bull####. 

5G is simply the next generation wireless technology, not too much different than moving from 1G - 2G - 3G and 4G over the last two decades.   Most 5G service will be on the same/similar frequencies that current cellphones have been operating on since the '80s.   The new concern however should be on the fixed wireless aspect of 5G which uses millimeter wave frequencies, which are a bit more dangerous to the human body.  But, the deployment of 5G to date has zero correlation to where Wuhan virus was out of control. 

I agree for the most part. But you were asking for a correlation of the outbreaks to an as of yet unknown variable. You should check the map. Wuhan was one of China’s first blanketed 5G cities - if not the first. There are heavy placements in Italy, NUC, NJ, Long Island and other hot spots.  Interesting coincidence perhaps. 
https://www.speedtest.net/ookla-5g-map

The anti-vaxers love this conspiracy. 

Elaine Chao's presence on the newest task force suggests to me the government may be looking at reopening states, and regions inside those states by MPOs.  MPOs are organized by counties, and most states are tracking virus activity at the county level.  

Essentially the governors would lift restrictions in small groups of counties at a time, instead of piecemeal one here, one there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

He says it’s his decision not governor’s. He may change his mind about this Like he often does but he said it. 

Both are correct! This is a national issue therefore crossing State lines. This is neither complicated of suspicious in any way. Sheeesh

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Both are correct! This is a national issue therefore crossing State lines. This is neither complicated of suspicious in any way. Sheeesh

I agree. The feds can control the state's decisions on shut downs. Many here have been saying the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Drives my husband insane. I follow it easily, mostly because I am like that too.  Yes, I can frustrate hubby when I am making a point. 

Nothing like a tangent to tell a good story and make certain the people in the audience are listening closely, is my motto! ?

:beer: 

Yup. Those people that haven't taken the time to figure out his style of communicating are usually the ones who are the most upset by what he (didn't really) say. And, I don't blame those people because the sound-byte media distorts an already garbled message and runs it over and over, without context. What's interesting about his communication style to me personally is that it's a perfect example of how Trump's weaknesses (and this is a weakness) serves simultaneously as a strength. There's never been a politician like it before, for better and worse.

The stream-of-consciousness communication style is a weakness because his imprecision with language is so different from the polished (and overly sanitized) "off the cuff comments" of the rest of the political class that it's jarring to non-partisans/objective observers. It not only opens him up to easy (and avoidable) attacks by his rivals and enemies, it also has driven a lot of the moderate and independents away from the tent. Yet, all that also serves as a strength. Because despite the audacity of his words, you can't fake being real. Trump's difference in style is entirely genuine and his own, not filtered through think tanks, PR handlers, and his circle of advisers. That's a refreshing breath of fresh air to many people who are tired of the polished talking points from pols that are nothing more than empty words (that sound REALLY good).

That's why we've seen, over time, more and more centrists and independents coming back into the fold even though they all wish he'd be more precise with his language rather than a flamethrower. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

36 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That's not what he said. He was pretty clear. He believes it is not up to governors to open up the states. It is up to him.

image.thumb.png.abbb50c88ec577f3a5b56d63ae0022ed.png

I disagree. His tweets are responding to the media saying legally he can’t force them to open up. He is simply telling them that is incorrect. The governors shut things down and they can reopen them, he is not saying they can’t. Trump is saying that IF he has to force the state governor to act reasonably, then he does have the power to do so.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

I agree for the most part. But you were asking for a correlation of the outbreaks to an as of yet unknown variable. You should check the map. Wuhan was one of China’s first blanketed 5G cities - if not the first. There are heavy placements in Italy, NUC, NJ, Long Island and other hot spots.  Interesting coincidence perhaps. 
https://www.speedtest.net/ookla-5g-map

The anti-vaxers love this conspiracy. 

It's a coincidence only to people who are too lazy or stupid to look at coverage maps.  Verizon's 5G buildout has been lit in areas that have not been hit hard by Wuhan.   Same in Italy - the 3 markets where 5G is live have not been affected as badly as where there is no 5G.

• Like (+1) 3