The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I don't recall saying that and I don't know what Biden would do.  What I would like, and I don't think it's too much to ask, is a competent and honest leader with a plan to get the country through a tough time.  I'm critiquing the job that's being done as opposed to hypothesizing about how someone else might do it.

Oh brother. Must be nice to sit on the sideline and criticize the people actually doing the heavy lifting. Do us all a favor and pick up a shovel so we can start coming out of this hole. If not.....shut the $&@@ up!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Was it disbanded?

Not that it would have mattered anyway.  It's not as if what a bureaucrat would have recommended would have superseded Fauci's or the CDC's view on the matter.

If you read that Fact check from the WAPO, Obama essentially did the same and dissolved it in 2009 to only reinstate back in 2016.   This is a red herring argument.

If the Media was going to be an honest entity (which they won't), they would press Fauci on his apparently contradictory comments.   I'm hoping Trump doesn't do anything stupid and allows him to clarify in today's briefer.

…..so now Fauci says if Trump acted sooner, lives could have been saved...…..how come Big Fredo gets a pass where 50% of the US deaths have occurred?...…..what's up Doc??...

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I disagree with this position.  IMHO, the President can certainly consult and advise Governors, States, and Municipalities, but I think it should be up to them how to navigate this crisis.

If that doesn't work and the country needs a central authority to direct all actions of the states, then the Congress should propose an amendment, pass it, let the states vote on it, and see what happens.

We can't just adhere to the Constitution when it's convenient.  In fact, when it's the least convenient is when it's most important to adhere to it.

Just one person's opinion.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

…..so now Fauci says if Trump acted sooner, lives could have been saved...…..how come Big Fredo gets a pass where 50% of the US deaths have occurred?...…..what's up Doc??...

Liberal playbook sez...........Trump was stupid and did not have a clue so Cuomo did not have the info he needed because he was relying on the Prez.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

I disagree with this position.  IMHO, the President can certainly consult and advise Governors, States, and Municipalities, but I think it should be up to them how to navigate this crisis.

If that doesn't work and the country needs a central authority to direct all actions of the states, then the Congress should propose an amendment, pass it, let the states vote on it, and see what happens.

We can't just adhere to the Constitution when it's convenient.  In fact, when it's the least convenient is when it's most important to adhere to it.

I'm not sure what it means... coordinated in our transportation? Plane travel? Federal highways? Trains? More than that?

He's never pressured a Governor to close, so not sure if he will pressure to reopen (or not reopen).

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm not sure what it means... coordinated in our transportation? Plane travel? Federal highways? Trains? More than that?

He's never pressured a Governor to close, so not sure if he will pressure to reopen (or not reopen).

Could be solely limited to interstate commerce, which would fall under the federal government, but I guess I read it to mean everything.  Schools, Bars, Businesses, Social Distancing, etc...

I agree, he hasn't done this up to this point, as evidence by no national lockdown order.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh brother. Must be nice to sit on the sideline and criticize the people actually doing the heavy lifting. Do us all a favor and pick up a shovel so we can start coming out of this hole. If not.....shut the $&@@ up!

Well that escalated quickly. Do you have a shovel in your hand every day? Should I be thanking you for your service during these trying times?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Could be solely limited to interstate commerce, which would fall under the federal government, but I guess I read it to mean everything.  Schools, Bars, Businesses, Social Distancing, etc...

I agree, he hasn't done this up to this point, as evidence by no national lockdown order.

The Commerce Clause has been used to override the amendments many times. 

9 minutes ago, dubs said:

I think any amendment would have to be a constitutional amendment. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He is basically saying his team will communicate with State governments, letting them know their recommendations for reopening different counties based on their data. If he finds anyone to be pulling some political stunt to keep things closed beyond reason, then he will step in and force the issue.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

He is basically saying his team will communicate with State governments, letting them know their recommendations for reopening different counties based on their data. If he finds anyone to be pulling some political stunt to keep things closed beyond reason, then he will step in and force the issue.

That's not what he said. He was pretty clear. He believes it is not up to governors to open up the states. It is up to him.

image.thumb.png.abbb50c88ec577f3a5b56d63ae0022ed.png

More Fauci Remarks in March Blow Away Suggestion He Was Recommending Shutting Things Down in February

I'll throw this here also...........

NIH IN 2005: 

“Chloroquine, a relatively safe, effective and cheap drug used for treating many human diseases including malaria, amoebiosis and human immunodeficiency virus is effective in inhibiting the infection and spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. 

The fact that the drug has significant inhibitory antiviral effect when the susceptible cells were treated either prior to or after infection suggests a possible prophylactic and therapeutic use.”

• Like (+1) 3

2. Drive-up centers increasing testing for COVID-19 | fox61.com

The Drive-up center in New Haven is located at 150 Sargent Dr. It is open from 8 am to 4 pm daily. To set up an appointment or be prescreened call the health department hotline at (203)-946-4949.

3. Several locations offer drive-up coronavirus testing ...

Mar 23, 2020 · HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - A number of locations across the state are offering drive-up coronavirus testing, as long as patients have a doctor's note. Drive-thru testing sites are …

4. Health Centers Ramp Up Drive-Through Testing for ...

Health Centers Ramp Up Drive-Through Testing for Coronavirus The practice is a way to meet rising demand while avoiding the risk of patients infecting health-care workers and other patients .

5. Erie County Public Health Lab now equipped and ready to ...

Mar 09, 2020 · BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Erie County Public Health Lab can now test for novel coronavirus, the county health department announced Monday. …

6. Coronavirus: CVS' first drive-thru testing site opens in ...

Mar 19, 2020 · Medical take a patient's coronavirus test during a trial run for a new FEMA drive-thru coronavirus testing clinic at CVS at 720 Boston Turnpike in Shrewsbury, MA on March 19, 2020.

7. COVID-19 drive-up testing center opens in Colorado Springs ...

Mar 13, 2020 · COVID-19 drive-up testing center opens in Colorado Springs COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- A regional drive-through coronavirus COVID-19 testing center is …

8. Where to get tested for covid-19 in Western Pa. | TribLIVE.com

Testing will now continue at the zoo, and at the center’s Aliquippa location, at 2360 Hospital Drive, Aliquippa, PA 15001 The center’s testing is open to the public.

9. Drive-up COVID-19, coronavirus testing site to open in ...

Mar 18, 2020 · The community drive-up testing center is being put on by Northern Light Health, St Joseph Hospital, Penobscot Valley Health Center, and the City of Bangor. Jarvis said they also have similar testing centers at Mercy Hospital in Portland, Inland Hospital in Waterville, Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield are open now and the A.R Gould ...

10. M Health Fairview closes drive-up COVID-19 testing centers ...

Mar 17, 2020 · M Health Fairview closes drive-up COVID-19 testing centers in Twin Cities It comes after the Department of Health placed restrictions on who can get tested. Author:

11. Colorado's First Drive-Up Coronavirus Testing Center Opens ...

Mar 12, 2020 · CO's First Drive-Up COVID-19 Testing Center Opens - Denver, CO - A drive-up coronavirus testing facility opened Wednesday in Denver. The testing is free, but a doctor's order is needed.

12. Coronavirus: Drive-thru testing sites opening in Kentucky ...

Mar 20, 2020 · 'We're at the front line': Drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites popping up around the area. Clinics say they need more support to keep doing the tests.

13. Find a HSE Test Center Near You | Adult Career and ...

www.acces.nysed.gov/hse/hse-testing-maps

In New York State, all HSE exams are administered at official test centers. When scheduling to take the TASC test, you will need to decide whether to take the test on a computer or on paper. One big advantage of computer-based testing (CBT) is that you do not need to wait for the time to expire for each subtest before moving on to the next subtest.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think any amendment would have to be a constitutional amendment. 

Yes, that's what I meant.

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The Commerce Clause has been used to override the amendments many times. 

and?

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

Yes, that's what I meant.

and?

You seemed to be saying "interstate commerce" was in some way a limit on the authority of the federal government's power over the states. The opposite is historically true. The commerce clause has been used by the federal government to steamroll states 

34 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Not sure what you’re getting at, but recently I’ve been exposed to some anti-vaxer conspiracy theories about 5G networks. 

I briefly touched on this a few days ago with Foxx.  Most of this is conspiratorial bull####. 

5G is simply the next generation wireless technology, not too much different than moving from 1G - 2G - 3G and 4G over the last two decades.   Most 5G service will be on the same/similar frequencies that current cellphones have been operating on since the '80s.   The new concern however should be on the fixed wireless aspect of 5G which uses millimeter wave frequencies, which are a bit more dangerous to the human body.  But, the deployment of 5G to date has zero correlation to where Wuhan virus was out of control. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You seemed to be saying "interstate commerce" was in some way a limit on the authority of the federal government's power over the states. The opposite is historically true. The commerce clause has been used by the federal government to steamroll states 

I know, it shouldn't be.  I am not saying that at all.  I am saying that within the authority to regulate interstate commerce is the only authority I see that the government should be exercising with regards to the pandemic.  Which could come into effect but has nothing to do with states opening up or how they govern themselves.

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, the commerce clause has been stretched to its limits and then some in order to allow the federal government to skirt around the constitution. 

agreed.  I am not suggesting it be used beyond the strict interpretation.