The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

South Korea is the only country that seemed to be somewhat successful. The death rate there (1.3 %) is lower than anywhere else with a substantail amount of cases except Germany (.05%). The death rate in the US has been tracking between 1.2% and 1.4% of confirmed cases - similar to South Korea and, I believe, only behind Germany in all countries that have any substantial number of cases.

So, I'm not sure how the pandemic response team would have made any difference.

I don't know how impressed we should be by South Korea. A lot of their efforts are driven by having two irresponsible neighbors in North Korea and China.  How motivated they would be without those two nations I question.  It's like having a good home bordered by two neighbors that let trash build up and don't cut the lawn.  The good home owner hates picking up the trash that migrates over from the neighbors but knows if he does nothing then there will be issues with pestilence.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Biggest thing to worry about coronavirus changes mutates or whatever. (flu changes each year with different shots) But reseachers said won't change much and some said will change. Dr Fauci said cycle's. Might become a season  diseases. 

If the word yesterday is true that there is not much mutation, that will make a vaccine much easier. Here's hoping!

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Germany has done an insane amount of testing per person when compared with the US. Their numbers are and should be much higher because Germany has been aggressively testing since day 1. Their death rate, though, is less than half a percentage point which is good in comparison with other countries.

And yet we have been running only about three-quarters of a percent behind Germany and better than every other European country

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

In that article: Sen. Bernard Sanders of Vermont on Monday said he wouldn’t shutter U.S. borders as part of a potential response to the coronavirus outbreak.

That has nothing to do with Mexico.

The article is from over a month after Trump banned travel from China. Your original assignment was to find Democrats who were calling Trump racist for that specific travel ban. You have failed to do so. Came close with Biden! Of ***** course we would be worse off if the travel ban wasn't instituted! Trump gets mad props for closing off China! But what you're claiming about the dreaded libz just ain't true. 

From article... President Trump said recently that the administration was looking at the United States’ southern border as part of travel restrictions amid the increasing outbreak.

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

And yet we have been running only about three-quarters of a percent behind Germany and better than every other European country

Good. Let's get that number lower. More testing is how it's done. The lower that number gets, the quicker we all safely go back to work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Is it working? UK records 43 coronavirus deaths in past 24 hours compared to 87 yesterday... and new infections level out

The UK has recorded 43 coronavirus deaths in the past 24 hours compared to 87 on Tuesday, but new infections have increased by a record 1,452 to 9,529 as Britons continued to flout the lockdown.

Twenty-eight more patients died in England, six more patients died in Scotland, five in Wales and four in Northern Ireland - bringing the total death toll to 465 in Britain.

They included a 47-year-old who did not have an underlying health condition. The others who died, including one person aged 93, did have underlying health conditions. 

In contrast, eighty-seven infected Brits died the day before. Despite the death rate falling by half, the country saw a record spike in cases on Wednesday, with 1,452 more patients known to have caught the deadly virus, bringing the total number of cases to 9,529. ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

The article is from over a month after Trump banned travel from China. Your original assignment was to find Democrats who were calling Trump racist for that specific travel ban. You have failed to do so. Came close with Biden! Of ***** course we would be worse off if the travel ban wasn't instituted! Trump gets mad props for closing off China! But what you're claiming about the dreaded libz just ain't true. 

From article... President Trump said recently that the administration was looking at the United States’ southern border as part of travel restrictions amid the increasing outbreak.

The only thing I ever claimed in this thread was that there was a lot of criticism of Trumps travel ban as xephobic on CNN, MSNBC, and in social media. The only Democrats I ever mentioned were Biden and Sanders.

What I quoted were remarks made by Biden and Sanders immediately following the travel bans - I don't care the date of the articles. Both have clearly stated they would not have instuted travel bans or closed the borders. Even if you refuse to acknowledge they outright said it was xenophobic, to refuse to acknowedge that didn't even insinuate it or there was absolutely no correlation between their remarks about xenophobia and the travel bans is to engage in nothing short of willful blindness.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Both have clearly stated they would not have instuted travel bans or closed the borders. 

This is not true. If it was you'd be able to post the clear quotes. 

The only thing I ever claimed in this thread was that there was a lot of criticism of Trumps travel ban as xephobic on CNN, MSNBC, and in social media.

If true it should be extremely easy to find tweets that support this. I haven't seen any.

Why Did Hundreds Of CEOs Resign Just Before The World Started Going Absolutely Crazy?

In the months prior to the most ferocious stock market crash in history and the eruption of the biggest public health crisis of our generation, we witnessed the biggest exodus of corporate CEOs that we have ever seen.  And as you will see below, corporate insiders also sold off billions of dollars worth of shares in their own companies just before the stock market imploded.  In life, timing can be everything, and sometimes people simply get lucky.  But it does seem odd that so many among the corporate elite would be so exceedingly “lucky” all at the same time.  In this article I am not claiming to know the motivations of any of these individuals, but I am pointing out certain patterns that I believe are worth investigating. ...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

This is not true. If it was you'd be able to post the clear quotes. 

If true it should be extremely easy to find tweets that support this. I haven't seen any.

You are now just being obtuse. The quotes I provided weren't conjured out of thin air. A quick google will provide you with plenty of CNN attacks and plenty of social media attacks. Look them up yourself. :wallbash:

48 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

South Korea seems to be the most successful. We won't know the answer to #2 for quite sometime - or maybe by Easter if Trump's wish comes true.

Edit: Seems like Germany is doing a good job as well. 

Singapore, Taiwan, and a couple others can be found with a little googling. 

Germany is an interesting case and hopefully researchers are investigating.

It’s probably because more bavarians pray to saint Corona, the patron saint of pandemics....

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

There must be more to it that that as Cuomo himself was pushing for the drug to be given.

The obvious reason is to control the black market for these scripts.  Don't want it to turn into another oxy fiasco with unscrupulous MDs and pharmacists  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You are now just being obtuse. The quotes I provided weren't conjured out of thin air. A quick google will provide you with plenty of CNN attacks and plenty of social media attacks. Look them up yourself. :wallbash:

Again, neither quote relates directly to shutting down travel to and from China. I tried a quick google and there are not plenty of CNN attacks or social media attacks. You claim they exist. Prove it.

Just now, B-Man said:

mbziUGw.jpg

The quote from 2/5 is 100% fake

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

Singapore, Taiwan, and a couple others can be found with a little googling. 

Germany is an interesting case and hopefully researchers are investigating.

It’s probably because more bavarians pray to saint Corona, the patron saint of pandemics....

Singapore has 638 cases and Taiwan has 252 cases. What exactly does that show?