The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, TPS said:

This is the MMQ approach that the Trump cult is now throwing out there, kind of like what those in charge during the 2008 financial crisis said to protect their a$$es...

Not sure what any of that means but OK...I guess. 

1 minute ago, ScotSHO said:

The answer is always more government.  Save me mommy.

The funny part is that you’d think the Left would absolutely LOVE what’s been happening the last two weeks. The heavy hand of government has been able to get the people to shut down the entire country with a mere wave of its mighty hand. Pretty impressive (and a bit scary) really. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TPS said:

A hit piece from the Religious cult perspective...ok.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/05/white-house-loses-global-health-security-lead-as-a-new-ebola-outbreak-hits/560195/

Then there was the early warning by former members...on January 28th

https://www.wsj.com/articles/act-now-to-prevent-an-american-epidemic-11580255335

Unfortunately, that window of opportunity was squandered because the stock market and economy were too important....

Like I said to Gary, there are pandemic experts and teams all around this world. Since you are so convinced this team was disbanded or prevented from doing their job and making a difference:

1. Tell us which contries in the world, with these experts and teams, have been successful in stopping or curtailing this virus or decreasing the death rate.

2. Show us how the rate of the spread of infection in the US or the death rate in the US is in comparison to these countries

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1. he doesn't listen to experts because he thinks hes smarter. Listen to the experts
  2. he talks out of his ass - It's only the flu and it all be over by April.  It will disappear, it will be a miracle. Stop telling lies
  •  - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” he tweeted in late February
  • “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. They’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

He only took this serious when the markets crashed, not when the cases were exploding. 

President Donald Trump accused Democrats of “politicizing” the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday, claiming that the outbreak is “their new hoax” as he continued to downplay the risk in the U.S.

“This is their new hoax,” Trump continued, adding that attacking the White House’s response to the coronavirus had become the Democratic Party’s “single talking point.”

“Democrats will always say horrible things," Trump said. "Democrats want us to fail so badly.”

So, I ask.  What was most important to him? 

Sure, the experts knew everything there was to know about this virus in February.  He was not gathering information, and the situation is not fluid. (yeah, that is all sarcasm.)

"The hoax" comment was referring to the press and Democrats saying he was not taking this seriously. This has been pointed out before. Yet, you still repeat that he called the virus a hoax as fact. SMH

What would YOU have done differently? You have an extra month to read the experts opinions. Specifically, what would YOU have done differently that is within the control of the federal government (as opposed to state control)?

And I once again ask: What do you think President Trump could have done differently? What do you think he should be doing differently? Specifics please. ?  (You didn't answer any of those questions.)

As far as politicizing this: see Pelosi, Nancy. THAT is politicizing the virus. Stuffing every goodie on your party's wish list/agenda into a bill when people are looking for money and hope.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

You mean other than maintaining the payroll of five people who sit in their homes watching Netflix so they can keep their home and health insurance? You mean other than buying groceries here for people who can't leave their house? You mean other than joining local groups to buy from local businesses and restaurants?

My point is to do more and blame less. You far-left chuckleheads are so deranged over Trump that you find it necessary to pop in here to write some childish crap like "Just checking in to make sure everyone I don't agree with are still here!" before spewing repeatedly untrue nonsense about Trump gutting the panademic team.

You have one purpose here: point and blame. It's embarrassing to read against a backdrop of other people here talking about what is going on and how to address it.

Turn off the PC and try harder.

it is really self inflicted.

when one is wrong so often, it develops a certain mindset.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, meazza said:

Does it really matter at this point?  Justin Trudeau (who many of you here on the left would vote for) was extremely inactive up until a couple of weeks ago even though there were clear signs that this was going to hit Canada.  Same thing for Italy and France. 

Everyone of these leaders took it lightly.

Trump banning travel from China in January was a good move but it should have also been followed up by testing people coming into the country starting in February when this was obviously going to cause problems.

All western leaders deserve a kick in the ass for this mess.

Actually, China deserves the kick in the ass for unleashing this on an unsuspecting world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sure, the experts knew everything there was to know about this virus in February.  He was not gathering information, and the situation is not fluid. (yeah, that is all sarcasm.)

"The hoax" comment was referring to the press and Democrats saying he was not taking this seriously. This has been pointed out before. Yet, you still repeat that he called the virus a hoax as fact. SMH

What would YOU have done differently? You have an extra month to read the experts opinions. Specifically, what would YOU have done differently that is within the control of the federal government (as opposed to state control)?

And I once again ask: What do you think President Trump could have done differently? What do you think he should be doing differently? Specifics please. ?  (You didn't answer any of those questions.)

As far as politicizing this: see Pelosi, Nancy. THAT is politicizing the virus. Stuffing every goodie on your party's wish list/agenda into a bill when people are looking for money and hope.

Add in there Trump limited/stopped people from China coming to the United States back in January, maybe, and was called a racist for doing so, now getting blasted for not having foresight and doing enough before this thing took off when actually he did. 

Liberals are a bunch hypocritical, ignorant losers that CAN NOT see the other side of anything, it is strictly 1000% orange man bad syndrome!

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820711855/spanish-military-finds-dead-bodies-and-seniors-completely-abandoned-in-care-home

The Spanish military has found older residents of some care homes "completely abandoned" and even "dead in their beds," Defense Minister Margarita Robles said in a television interview on Monday.

They were found as soldiers disinfected and provided emergency health care services this week to residential homes across the country. Robles did not give an exact figure for the number of dead bodies found by Spanish soldiers.

With more than 39,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,800 deaths as of Tuesday, Spain is the second hardest-hit country in Europe.

On Tuesday, 514 new deaths were registered in a 24-hour period, the worst increase since the outbreak began. Retirement homes have been particularly affected.

This is awful sad for people in nursing homes :( 

41 minutes ago, meazza said:

Let's be honest, Trump touting that things will be open in Easter doesn't stray too far from his usual off the cuff proclamations.  I don't understand how people simply haven't gotten used to not taking those comments seriously.

Not picking on you specifically, but let's read the actual words that were spoken to see if he's actually commanding the country to be open by Easter.

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter"

“Our public health experts, who are terrific, are studying the variation and the disease across the country, and we will be using data to recommend new protocols to allow local economies to cautiously resume their activity at the appropriate time,” 

“Our country wasn’t built to be shut down,”

“This is not a country that was built for this.”

• Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Add in there Trump limited/stopped people from China coming to the United States back in January, maybe, and was called a racist for doing so, now getting blasted for not having foresight and doing enough before this thing took off when actually he did. 

Liberals are a bunch hypocritical, ignorant losers that CAN NOT see the other side of anything, it is strictly 1000% orange man bad syndrome!

I wish all government's in the world or kings queens whatever to China.  Not much anyone can do to stop it after that point. 

America’s truckers face increasing challenges on front lines in war against coronavirus

The Kansas City Star, by Judy L Thomas

Original Article

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: Senate Unanimously Passes Coronavirus Relief Bill—Someone Should Check on Granny Boxwine. 

“Pelosi engaged in some of the most shameless politicking for personal gain of her career, and that’s saying quite a lot. Thankfully, it was all for naught. However, as Tyler mentioned in his headline, she was gambling with people’s lives. This should be a permanent stain on her career, but the thoroughly evil press is no doubt working on ways to run interference for her.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Untrue

Actually, both Biden and Sanders said the travel bans instituted by Trump were xenophobic and that they wouldn't have instituted them. There was also a storm of criticism on CNN, MSNBC, and in social media.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Not picking on you specifically, but let's read the actual words that were spoken to see if he's actually commanding the country to be open by Easter.

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter"

“Our public health experts, who are terrific, are studying the variation and the disease across the country, and we will be using data to recommend new protocols to allow local economies to cautiously resume their activity at the appropriate time,” 

“Our country wasn’t built to be shut down,”

“This is not a country that was built for this.”

People look at headlines, this isn't unique to the orange man.  

That being said, maybe he is getting his advice from our man in exile, DC Tom who predicted that this would be over by just after Easter?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Actually, both Biden and Sanders said the travel bans instituted by Trump were xenophobic and that they wouldn't have instituted them. There was also a storm of criticism on CNN, MSNBC, and in social media.

That "storm of criticism" should be easy to post, especially since it was on social media. The only thing I have seen is a fake Schumer tweet posted dozens of times. Biden is a moron but he did not call the travel ban xenophobic. I haven't seen what Sanders said. Please let me know.

12 hours ago, TPS said:

It was subsumed under bioterrorism which hindered the response.  Link

52 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The United States used to have a pandemic response team. Under Trump's leadership that team no longer exists. 

You both have gone on about Trump disbanding the pandemic response team or making it ineffective in some way. There are pandemic experts and teams around the world. I have asked you before and you haven't provided an answer, so I will ask again:

1. Tell us which contries in the world, with these experts and teams, have been successful in stopping or curtailing this virus or decreasing the death rate.

2. Show us how the lack of the pandemic response team here has affected the rate of the spread of infection in the US or the death rate in the US is in comparison to these countries

I'll wait.

Edited by billsfan1959

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

People look at headlines, this isn't unique to the orange man.  

That being said, maybe he is getting his advice from our man in exile, DC Tom who predicted that this would be over by just after Easter?

It's not people.  It's the anti-Trump faction in the news that are deliberately twisting his words.  Look at his words and match them up to the headlines.  In fact, there was the first source for the headline that Trump wants to open up the country by Easter, and all other news outlets simply repeated it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1