The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

According to this poll (yeah, yeah) the public approves of the coronavirus response, except for the "msm."  I am shocked, shocked I say! that gotchya questions, doom and gloom, and #OrangeManBad is not playing well to the masses.

Coronavirus Response: Hospitals Rated Best, News Media Worst

Americans are generally positive in their evaluations of how each of nine leaders and institutions has handled the response to the coronavirus situation. Eight of the nine receive majority positive ratings -- led by U.S. hospitals, at 88% approval. Only the news media gets a more negative than positive review.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I see Israel's name in all the reports on the WHO's website about COVID-19. If this is legit, it was some single actor making a political statement, not the WHO. 

Edit. The twitter poster you quoted later corrected herself for her error. 

https://twitter.com/CandiceMalcolm/status/1242971858514915329

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, remember that time he told people to drink toxic fish tank cleaner?

Neither do I.

You wouldn't care if he told people to lick each other, you'd be like, oh he meant something else. You are a blind Trump tard 

“You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

23 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Singapore has 638 cases and Taiwan has 252 cases. What exactly does that show?

Find my last response to @gg upthread. Related to the analysis by Pueyo. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

My goodness Cuomo sucks. He’s worse by the day. I’ve heard many doctors as guests on radio saying they would use these drugs, and would take it themselves if they had symptoms. 

No, people need that drug for other illnesses 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

My goodness Cuomo sucks. He’s worse by the day. I’ve heard many doctors as guests on radio saying they would use these drugs, and would take it themselves if they had symptoms. 

Right. Other states banned it. Freaking stupid to do. People need it.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, people need that drug for other illnesses 

Well those people can STILL take that drug for there illnesses.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

i read somewhere this morning that the Gov. of Nevada did the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

How many will die because of Cuomo ? He fails to purchase ventilators, then denies people treatments that have shown some success. The man is scum. 

Some people say 2015 year failed for ventilators.. But that was 2015 with no coronavirus. But 2020 lots states need them not just NY. With coronavirus covid-19. Whatever people call it.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right. Other states banned it. Freaking stupid to do. People need it.

Well those people can STILL take that drug for there illnesses.

Not if they can't get it because of a rush on it in panic buying 

3 hours ago, mannc said:

If things don’t crater here in the next month (spoiler alert: They won’t) I believe this crisis is Trump’s ticket back to the White House.

For the past four years, I’ve been virulently anti-Trump, despite my conservative tendencies, because of his narcissism and corruption.  The past few weeks have been eye-opening for me.  The herd mentality that has gripped the media and politicians has been shocking to me—the ready willingness to shutter the economy and institutions of individual states and the United States as a whole without serious consideration of the short and long-term cost of doing, and weighing that cost against the possibility that more targeted, conservative steps, adapted to particular localities might also work. And then there was the simpering rush to adopt as gospel the worst case scenarios and shout down (or worse) anyone who questioned them.

Against this background, Trump has been the only leader who has kept his head and pushed back against the doomsaying and the rush to abandon our entire economic, social and educational systems.  And the reaction to his courage and sound instincts has been nothing short of disgusting—literally calling him a mass-murderer, without any sound evidence (or should I say, contrary to the evidence?).  It’s hilarious watching the pundits cluelessly ponder the soaring approval rating for Trump’s handling of the crisis.  

The extreme reaction to his Easter comment was the tipping point for me.  What the hell is wrong with a leader saying “I hope we’re done with this nightmare in a few weeks”?  Can’t we assess the situation as we go, rather than closing everything indefinitely?

i still don’t think I can vote for Trump, but this has truly been an eye-opening experience.

:beer: 

If you want to have your eyes opened even more, I suggest going back through media clips discussing Trump/Russia from 2017-2019 knowing what we know for sure now: 

1) That the entire thing was fiction from the beginning

2) That the media knew it was fiction and used it to divide the country and attempt to hobble the administration anyway. 

And for the bolded bit on corruption -- know this as well. During the "Russia" investigation, Trump was put under the most invasive and intense investigation possible by not only the Congress but the FBI, DOJ, and the United States Intelligence Services. They used the most powerful and invasive tools at their disposal to find any crime or corruption they could pin on him (because, as stated above and now proven, the FBI/DOJ/IC knew as early as JANUARY 2017 -- before he was sworn in -- that the Russia story was fake). They expected, like you, to find oodles of corruption and misdeeds they could then use to bury him either in the courts or the court of public opinion. What did they find in the end? 

Not a single crime or instance of corruption. Not one. 

The media has been lying to all of us for well before Trump showed up. But his administration -- for better and worse -- has allowed people to see the media's bias, shortcomings, and agendas better than ever before. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Some people say 2015 year failed for ventilators.. But that was 2015 with no coronavirus. But 2020 lots states need them not just NY. With coronavirus covid-19. Whatever people call it.

He was warned and declined it. He loves to blame others for NY failings. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, meazza said:

Let's be honest, Trump touting that things will be open in Easter doesn't stray too far from his usual off the cuff proclamations.  I don't understand how people simply haven't gotten used to not taking those comments seriously.

Because some people absolutely are incapable of seeing the big picture and insist on dissecting every extemporaneous comment that comes from the mouth of a man giving him umpteenth pressers in half as many days.

I said it before and it bears repeating: if you are watching what is happening in the world, and especially in the US, with millions upon millions of people suffering, and the only contribution you can make on a regular basis is to criticize something that can not be changed, then you're better off self-isolating your PC and getting the eff out of the way so the adults can get back to work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i read somewhere this morning that the Gov. of Nevada did the same thing.

He did, and it appeared to be stricter language but I could be mistaken. Reading Cuomo's I wonder if it's specifically a restriction on pharmacy and that doctors could still use it. The supposed purpose is that people are panic buying it that don't need it, or they plan on reselling on secondary markets. That shouldn't be a concern for doctors providing direct care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He did, and it appeared to be stricter language but I could be mistaken. Reading Cuomo's I wonder if it's specifically a restriction on pharmacy and that doctors could still use it. The supposed purpose is that people are panic buying it that don't need it, or they plan on reselling on secondary markets. That shouldn't be a concern for doctors providing direct care.

This makes sense. I don't want to jump to conclusions. Cuomo supported the use of the drugs. I'm sure it will be clarified.

• Like (+1) 1