The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

• 3 weeks later...

Of course the vaccines *are* safe *and* effective.  Penn has one billion reasons to tell you why.  They were the first employer to mandate the vaccine in Pennsylvania.  

"Research behind COVID-19 vaccines reaps close to $1 billion in royalties for Penn"

https://www.inquirer.com/business/penn-covid-vaccine-technology-mrna-royalties-revenue-20220612.html

Gee, you don't say?

Every single person who merely slept through a virology 101 course knew this was a very distinct possibility from the very beginning.

But the magic of covid also turned everyone into expert scientists, many of whom advocated for what every scientist knows is a guiding principle of science:

Squelch dissent and questioning of the data.  ^_^

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It was always a leak from the Wuhan lab until proven otherwise.

Agreed. But remember when you were censored and/or banned from platforms for suggesting the possibility?

Yet another example of "saving our democracy" by commies.

2 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Agreed. But remember when you were censored and/or banned from platforms for suggesting the possibility?

Yet another example of "saving our democracy" by commies.

Yup.  Among the many things that our so-called "experts" did that pissed me off .

You know how I know they were lying the very moment they first made the claim that the vaccinated can't transmit covid?

Because the initial published trials only claimed 95% efficacy. If you have covid, you are can transmit it. Period.

• Angry 1

48 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

You know how I know they were lying the very moment they first made the claim that the vaccinated can't transmit covid?

Because the initial published trials only claimed 95% efficacy. If you have covid, you are can transmit it. Period.

One of my big takeaways with the COVID vaccines is the distinction between clinical trial data vs, real world data or evidence.  A disparity between the trial endpoint objectives and the results of the trial and the rhetoric used by officials.  The trial objectives were to demonstrate infection free efficacy.

Nowhere in the trial objectives or endpoints were the terms, measurements, conditions, or observations of "protection from serious illness and hospitalization".  In the trial an observation of inflection with protection was a "fail".  In the real world use interpretation of official a case of infection with protection, defined as non-critical illness and no hospitalization was a "pass".  This positive outcome was something public health officials made up after real world evidence demonstrated the vaccine did not grant or provide immunity. 

Which leads to my opinion that the trial claimed to demonstrate efficacy and the vaccine was approved based on the trial but real world use and data demonstrates immunity is not achieved, only "protection".  So that indicates some deficiency in the trial set up, incorrect interpretation of the data, and an error by the FDA regarding approval, maybe some other mistakes or errors.  Approval generally being the target intervention of the trial does what it says the trail objectives state ,which it clearly doesn't in real life use.  In simple terms, the vaccine doesn't work as advertised so it should not have been approved based on the trial which was invalid based on real life experience and data where the actual level of immunity appears to be a fraction of the 95% efficacy against infection the trials claimed to have achieved.  So somebody's lying here.  The vaccine producers, the trial managers, the FDA, public health and medical community members.  Take your pick.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

Actually the published trials for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines did indeed have a secondary endpoint for protection from severe covid/hospitalization. 

I have the papers from NEJM somewhere,  I'll dig them up.

Edited by DRsGhost

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I live just outside of Los Angeles County. Yesterday it was exposed that her DAUGHTER (who goes by her maiden name) was one of the authors of the report she cites as reasons for masking requirements. She needs to step down immediately! By any reasonable stretch this a huge conflict of interest. Unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 1