The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

As a molecular biologist who has spent time in developing viral rapid molecular and immuno diagnostics as well as flu vaccine adjuvant formulations, I was often amused at the general ignorance and idiocy on display in the early days of covid.  That soon turned into fatigue with the constant lecturing from all corners of an ignorant and corrupt media. Eventually it turned into utter contempt for anyone and everyone who supported this crap in the name of complete and undeniable scientific ignorance.

Never forgive. Never forget.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

You don't say.

Did EBOLA leak from a lab? Scientists claim accident at US-funded biofacility may have caused 2014 West Africa outbreak

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11383611/Ebola-leaked-biofacility-causing-2014-West-Africa-outbreak-scientists-claim.html

Tell me if this sounds familiar:

"Writing in the investigation, the authors said: ‘There is so far no evidence for an animal reservoir for Zaire Ebola in West Africa. 'The... strain’s sudden appearance in the region was thus unexpected and is still unexplained. Furthermore, the epidemiological investigations in Guinea and Sierra Leone were inconclusive and unconvincing."

COVID wasn't the first lab accident.  It was the latest.  

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

UNEXPECTEDLY: 

Students who finished high school during COVID now failing in college.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/11/02/students-who-finished-high-school-during-covid-now-failing-in-college-n507584

THIS, not abortion, not the economy, is why women are switching their votes to R this cycle. The debaculous handling of schools. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

THIS, not abortion, not the economy, is why women are switching their votes to R this cycle. The debaculous handling of schools. 

Please don’t discount the economy. It might be old fashioned but it’s still women who do the majority of the grocery shopping in America and they are really PISSED OFF! 

Flu vaccines are also a hit or miss proposition in combating a rapidly mutating respiratory virus. Especially in elderly and immunocompromised populations.

I mean, who knew?

My wife, a pediatrician, has been inundated with flu cases at her office recently.  Kids in general have similar to worse symptoms with flu compared to covid.

Yet no knee jerk school closings or mask mandates. I wonder why?

26 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Flu vaccines are also a hit or miss proposition in combating a rapidly mutating respiratory virus. Especially in elderly and immunocompromised populations.

I mean, who knew?

My wife, a pediatrician, has been inundated with flu cases at her office recently.  Kids in general have similar to worse symptoms with flu compared to covid.

Yet no knee jerk school closings or mask mandates. I wonder why?

Very important  point , would you and your wife recommend school children wear masks when flu is very high in their area ?

School closures didn't reduce child COVID deaths

LUKE ROSIAK 

States that engaged in prolonged school closures didn’t seem to have fewer children die with COVID than those who kept schools open, a Daily Wire analysis of new federal data shows.

The District of Columbia had the highest number of children who died with coronavirus per capita (12 deaths equating to 95 deaths per million children), even though its schools were almost completely closed for the 2020-2021 school year, with its school coronavirus policies arguably the most draconian in the nation. Wyoming, which has a nearly identical population size to D.C. and whose schools remained open more than any other state, had the fewest deaths per capita (zero).

Wyoming was one of only three states that, by May 2020, had not ordered schools closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 year. By contrast, very few D.C. students attended a significant number of hours of in-person learning even in the following school year, and D.C. pledged to prohibit students from returning to school this year unless they had been vaccinated, though it ultimately delayed that requirement.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/only-2-of-childrens-deaths-were-from-covid-and-school-closures-didnt-reduce-the-number

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Very important  point , would you and your wife recommend school children wear masks when flu is very high in their area ?

BillsFanNC

You answered no ,  if my children did not have the flu vaccine I would have them wear a mask if the threat were high. Voluntary up to each parent just common sense

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

BillsFanNC

You answered no ,  if my children did not have the flu vaccine I would have them wear a mask if the threat were high. Voluntary up to each parent just common sense

Agreed on voluntary. But it doesn't make sense at all.

Masks do not work in real world settings to impact spread of respiratory viruses. They just dont. Mainly due to reasons Fauci stated early in pandemic before he did a 180. In the real world nobody wears masks properly in fit or fiddling and even if you could get 100% 24/7 proper mask wearing compliance the impact would still be minimal. People mess with masks constantly, increasing likelihood of transmission via your hands to mouth or nose. Kids most of all are guilty of this.

Fauci mentioned this early on, before he decided not to follow the science and do an about face on mask wearing.

If I had an immunocompromised or otherwise high risk child I'd probably have them wear an N95 during periods of high spread in the community. For the 99% of healthy kids the harm of mask wearing far outweighs the non existent benefits.