The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

I'm not an expert. That's something a pandemic response team may have come up with a solution to, but early on there were simply not enough tests available to identify those people. You were only allowed to be tested if you came from a hot spot the previous 14 days and also had symptoms - unless of course you were a celebrity, politician, or athlete. 

Link?

Just now, Gary Busey said:

Again - it won't - but it will give us the data we need to re-open the country

Then why harp on testing, when the priority should be on slowing the spread?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There weren’t many reliable test for the Wuhan virus and still are not widely available. 

Why haven’t we been given low-cost rides on a SpaceX flight? #IWANNAKNOWANDGOTTAHAVEITNOWBECAUSEIHEARDITSOUTTHERE!!!

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

There weren’t many reliable test for the Wuhan virus and still are not widely available. 

Yet, somehow, Trump was supposed to have enough of those tests available, early on, in a nation of 330 million people, to have widespread testing across the nation....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Full Reckoning to you Trump apologists: He is an epic disaster then and now. Until the middle of March he handled CV19 through the direct lens of how this affected him and the stock market. The health care community knew in February that PPE and Ventilators were going to be a huge issue and the Feds didn't help out formally until last week. 

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst - that is what leadership does. The WH prepared for the best and is still behind the curve. The path to tamping this down and getting economically viable again distancing and testing. California instituted stay at home far ahead of the rest of the US and it will pay itself back in lives, dollars and getting back to normal. We still have states with no formal policies. I am quite sure the CDC was warning the WH that some level of quarantine was in order in February - the Feds/WH still has "guidelines" - they have abdicated the handling of this to the states and it will haunt us for months. 

The 15 days till whatever....yikes. 

Testing is great but unless you tie it to a policy of an integrated data base, quarantine and hunting down contacts of those testing positive - you are just recording the past - not affecting the future. 

DT's daily pressers are a word salad of him patting himself on the back - followed by experts with carefully crafted messages with a mix of praising DT and parsed data. He literally blamed lack of PPE on nurses stealing.

This isn't about Hillary, Pelosi, Biden the MSM....please. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Had the WH prepared for the worst in Jan and Feb we would be months ahead of where we are now. I am sure you guys have made fun of Neville Chamberlain somewhere here....that's what your boy is. DT's  epic failure to think beyond himself in Jan-Feb-Mar has cost lives and trillions of dollars in economic activity. 

Tell me - what is our national strategy beyond a stay at home "guideline" until May?

Edited by TH3
  • Like (+1) 5

You don't know the spread if you don't test. They're the same data.

The data for the officials and statheads are useless to stopping the spread on the ground.  NYC had to forcibly close 10 playgrounds yesterday because people were still congregating there.   Enlighten me how more testing would curb that behavior?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

But, but Mike Lindell mentioned God on the dais the other day. We don't need him making items to fight this virus. 

7 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I'm not an expert. That's something a pandemic response team may have come up with a solution to, but early on there were simply not enough tests available to identify those people. You were only allowed to be tested if you came from a hot spot the previous 14 days and also had symptoms - unless of course you were a celebrity, politician, or athlete. 

There are still people who can't get tested today who are seeking medical attention.

Right, you are not an expert. And, somehow, pandemic experts around the globe failed to come up with an answer either.

By the way, if Germany has done more testing per capita than we have, and, currently, we are separated by about 1% in the death rate. If we had done the equal amount of testing per capita right now, wouldn't our death rate be even lower? Maybe even lower than Germany's?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

By the way, if Germany has done more testing per capita than we have, and, currently, we are separated by about 1% in the death rate. If we had done the equal amount of testing per capita right now, wouldn't our death rate be even lower? Maybe even lower than Germany's?

Yes! It would! You're starting to come around to my point. Have a good day, sir.

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

DT's daily pressers are a word salad of him patting himself on the back - followed by experts with carefully crafted messages with a mix of praising DT and parsed data. He literally blamed lack of PPE on nurses stealing.

And told the media to go find out who was stealing them.

It's all fun and games to have an incompetent blow hard as President until you need real leadership 

Yes! It would! You're starting to come around to my point. Have a good day, sir.

So, your point is that we are doing a better job than Germany who you previously stated was one of the best examples in the world?

Then yes, I have come around to your point.

You should have just said that in the beginning

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Full Reckoning to you Trump apologists: He is an epic disaster then and now. Until the middle of March he handled CV19 through the direct lens of how this affected him and the stock market. The health care community knew in February that PPE and Ventilators were going to be a huge issue and the Feds didn't help out formally until last week. 

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst - that is what leadership does. The WH prepared for the best and is still behind the curve. The path to tamping this down and getting economically viable again distancing and testing. California instituted stay at home far ahead of the rest of the US and it will pay itself back in lives, dollars and getting back to normal. We still have states with no formal policies. I am quite sure the CDC was warning the WH that some level of quarantine was in order in February - the Feds/WH still has "guidelines" - they have abdicated the handling of this to the states and it will haunt us for months. 

The 15 days till whatever....yikes. 

Testing is great but unless you tie it to a policy of an integrated data base, quarantine and hunting down contacts of those testing positive - you are just recording the past - not affecting the future. 

This isn't about Hillary, Pelosi, Biden the MSM....please. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Had the WH prepared for the worst in Jan and Feb we would be months ahead of where we are now. I am sure you guys have made fun of Neville Chamberlain somewhere here....that's what your boy is. DT's  epic failure to think beyond himself in Jan-Feb-Mar has cost lives and trillions of dollars in economic activity. 

Tell me - what is our national strategy beyond a stay at home "guideline" until May?

You forgot to mention that a guy in Arizona died after consuming fish tank cleaner and it's all Trump's fault. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/health/wuhan-coronavirus-timeline-fast-facts/index.html

January 23, 2020 - At an emergency committee convened by the World Health Organization, the WHO says that the Wuhan coronavirus does not yet constitute a public health emergency of international concern.

January 31, 2020 - The Donald Trump administration announces it will deny entry to foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last 14 days.

Do you know what this means?

STFU

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You forgot to mention that a guy in Arizona died after consuming fish tank cleaner and it's all Trump's fault. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/health/wuhan-coronavirus-timeline-fast-facts/index.html

January 23, 2020 - At an emergency committee convened by the World Health Organization, the WHO says that the Wuhan coronavirus does not yet constitute a public health emergency of international concern.

January 31, 2020 - The Donald Trump administration announces it will deny entry to foreign nationals who have traveled in China in the last 14 days.

Do you know what this means?

STFU

Featured-Image-Template40.png

8 minutes ago, GG said:

The data for the officials and statheads are useless to stopping the spread on the ground.  NYC had to forcibly close 10 playgrounds yesterday because people were still congregating there.   Enlighten me how more testing would curb that behavior?

Nancy Pelosi actively advocated for people to go to SF’s Chinatown for Chinese New Year’s celebrations. People in LA flocked to hundreds of Mardi Gras parades and parties. Spring break saw tens of thousands of college kids on the Florida beaches. Snowbirds from NYC and the NorthEast flew/drove to their Florida condos/rentals. 

But ORANGEMANBAD. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Isn't the New Year at the end of January?

January 25th to be exact.

Don't forget extremists are dumb so try not to get too involved in this section of Bills forums.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

Featured-Image-Template40.png

OK, one last time for the feeble minded. Trump took plenty of action and was ahead of the curve unlike many other countries and the WHO. Your criticism of him is for his verbal efforts to try to keep people calm. You would complain no matter what he did, Chicken Little. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

OK, one last time for the feeble minded. Trump took plenty of action and was ahead of the curve unlike many other countries and the WHO. Your criticism of him is for his verbal efforts to try to keep people calm. You would complain no matter what he did, Chicken Little. 

What actions did he do in February while trying to keep people calm to stop the spread of Covid-19?

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Right, you are not an expert. And, somehow, pandemic experts around the globe failed to come up with an answer either.

We don't know if this is true.

All we know is that those government policies failed across the Western World.

We have no idea what the experts like Dr. Fauci were saying in January and February behind closed doors. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

About the same time Trump was saying US has nothing to worry about. Both sides are ***** ######ed

I didn't say anything about Trump.

My post was to point out that Pelosi was in Chinatown on February 24th urging people to come out.

You probably should have figured that out when I wrote "Her visit was February 24th" and posted a link of her visit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My post was to point out that Pelosi was in Chinatown on February 24th urging people to come out.

You probably should have figured that out when I wrote "Her visit was February 24th" and posted a link of her visit.

I was adding to it since you would never.

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

What actions did he do in February while trying to keep people calm to stop the spread of Covid-19?

Gary, he closed down travel from China and Europe and the Left reacted by calling him a racist, tyrant, authoritarian. I can only imagine what their reaction would’ve been had he put a wall around NY City! Come on man! 

Common man! Get with it. ORANGEMANBAD!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We don't know if this is true.

All we know is that those government policies failed across the Western World.

We have no idea what the experts like Dr. Fauci were saying in January and February behind closed doors. 

My point exactly. The response was pretty much the same world wide, yet, somehow, Trump, who reacted no differently than any other leaders (and the numbers support it) is the one who failed to respond?

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Gary, he closed down travel from China and Europe and the Left reacted by calling him a racist, tyrant, authoritarian. I can only imagine what their reaction would’ve been had he put a wall around NY City! Come on man! 

What else did he do?

Did he order the production of ventilators or PPE? Did he order the mass production of testing equipment?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

My point exactly. The response was pretty much the same world wide, yet, somehow, Trump, who reacted no differently than any other leaders (and the numbers support it) is the one who failed to respond?

Shouldn't matter what other countries do.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the problem is that the US is going to have by far the most fatalities in the world outside of China when this is all said and done.

In six months I'm fairly confident people will be able to look back and say, the Western World totally screwed up, but the US screwed up the most.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why would I add something completely irrelevant to what I was responding to? 

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him than some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think the problem is that the US is going to have by far the most fatalities in the world outside of China when this is all said and done.

In six months I'm fairly confident people will be able to look back and say, the Western World totally screwed up, but the US screwed up the most.

Probably not in here with the extremists.

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him then some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

I was watching MSNBC last night to listen to a Q&A with Dr Fauci. He answered questions off twitter. 

One was, I thought this was supposed to go away in warm weather. Why is it being spread so much in Florida?

I GUARANTEE that guy got that idea from Trump or Fox News when they were pushing the idea it would go away like the flu when the weather warmed up. 

It's like a wave, one day like a miracle it will just be gone. - Trump sometime in late Feb/early March

Whoops!

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They may very well have the most fatalities. That is not the measure of the success in their response -  cases per capita and the death rate are. If, at the end of this, the US has one of the lowest death rates of any country, would that be a measure of success to you?

5 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

B.c when the President says everything is fine more people react to him than some lower level politician. But unless Trump was a democrat you won't agree.

Probably not in here with the extremists.

You are not very good at this. Why don't you just do what you usually do and spend your time putting frown emojis on every post you don't understand?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1