Jump to content
Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:


I too will wait (however, I suspect our "freedoms" in blue states will only be restored with vaccine compliance), but it would be awesome if as a byproduct, they make advancements in a cure for the common cold. 
 

Don't hold your breath... the next time Allopathy comes up with a CURE for something will be the first!

They love raking in billions of dollars on suppressing the expectorating of mucus with garbage chemicals stewed in artificial sugar and dyes to want to change that.

Maybe the cure lies in not suppressing the expectorating of said mucus:flirt:

10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are you implying this is part of some global conspiracy?  My point is they've had plenty of time to study SARS Covid-1 and that science is available for use.  It's not disputable.

Even so you better believe the studying isn't to find a CURE... it's to find how to profit the most off of it. 

 

So technically a global conspiracy in criminal terms, perpetrated by the giants of industry...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are you implying this is part of some global conspiracy?  My point is they've had plenty of time to study SARS Covid-1 and that science is available for use.  It's not disputable.

Do you know what gain of function research is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reality Check said:

Do you know what gain of function research is?

Yup.  It's one of the litany of reasons I'm a libertarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Yup.  It's one of the litany of reasons I'm a libertarian.

What is your definition of libertarian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

What is your definition of libertarian?

Great question! 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reality Check said:

What is your definition of libertarian?

I should caveat that with "not a libertarian party member".

 

Pretty standard.  Small government at every level but especially federal.  Individual liberty over the collective.  I really don't wanna go down a rabbit hole in this thread because it's on a different topic.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Which is insane... complete violation of people's rights, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who would love to see this happen which is pathetic.

 

If you want your vaccine take it and then proceed to f off.... don't push your health choices on others and be some mouthpiece for an industry most people know nothing about

 

Trust me, I'm right there with you. 

 

But the state gov'ts will pivot from CASES! to VACCINE! numbers and the compliance behind them.  We just have to keep NYC closed until the VACCINE! numbers are better.  Otherwise everyone will die.  Watch.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

 

Added:  Perhaps a stay in a NY nursing home is warranted ?

 

 

 

 

Edited by B-Man
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

 

Trust me, I'm right there with you. 

 

But the state gov'ts will pivot from CASES! to VACCINE! numbers and the compliance behind them.  We just have to keep NYC closed until the VACCINE! numbers are better.  Otherwise everyone will die.  Watch.

I know there are those that definitely want to push for this... and it certainly seems headed that way but we cannot let it become reality...

 

Just curious, for those that are proponents of this kind of madness, how do you enforce it?

 

How do say retail stores identify fairly who has and doesn't have a vaccine and then keep those who don't from entering their stores without being accused of profiling?

 

How do big venues like our stadium?

 

Do we really need Doctors notes every time we go into anywhere?!?! What a nightmare that becomes, also who is to say somebody MUST visit an Allopathic doctor???!! See where this is going?

 

I can see where ah, simple solution for everybody, just have a chip comes up real quick...

 

 

 

 

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Quote

Former Holyoke Soldiers' Home Superintendent Bennett Walsh and former Medical Director Dr. David Clinton were indicted by a grand jury on charges stemming from their decision in March to combine two dementia units, packing residents who were COVID-19 positive into the same space as those with no symptoms, Healey said.

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:


I too will wait (however, I suspect our "freedoms" in blue states will only be restored with vaccine compliance), but it would be awesome if as a byproduct, they make advancements in a cure for the common cold. 
 

 

There is zero chance I take a vaccine unless my town looks like something out of "Outbreak." My concern, however, is to your parenthetical point that if you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to (fill in the blank; fly, dine out, go to concerns, sporting events, etc.). My neighbor mentioned it to me one night over drinks, and I just kind of laughed it off, but the more I hear the vaccine discussion, the less I'm laughing.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

 

There is zero chance I take a vaccine unless my town looks like something out of "Outbreak." My concern, however, is to your parenthetical point that if you don't get the vaccine, you won't be able to (fill in the blank; fly, dine out, go to concerns, sporting events, etc.). My neighbor mentioned it to me one night over drinks, and I just kind of laughed it off, but the more I hear the vaccine discussion, the less I'm laughing.

Certificate

of

vaccination

I

D

-

est. 2019

 

????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Researchers find wide variance in accuracy of COVID-19 antibody tests. 

 

“The 10 tests evaluated in the study proved between 61% and 87% accurate at correctly identifying blood samples as positive for antibodies for the new coronavirus, the data showed. The same tests were between 82% and 100% accurate at identifying samples negative for antibodies, the researchers said.”

 

To be fair, most medical tests are a lot less accurate than people tend to assume.

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Are you implying this is part of some global conspiracy?  My point is they've had plenty of time to study SARS Covid-1 and that science is available for use.  It's not disputable.

 

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

 

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GG said:

 

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

 

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.   

Maybe i am misunderstanding the science, but Moderna had this thing  genetic makeup identified in less than 24 hrs i think, and the mRNA approach is new...at least i think that is why this is light years ahead of any other vaccine process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GG said:

 

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

 

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.   

 

I'd guess one of the answers would be because they fizzled out and stopped impacting the west.  Ebola was never really an issue here, H1N1 died out and SARS 1 as well since they were not nearly as contagious. 

 

That doesn't mean i completely discredit your theory by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...