The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

35 minutes ago, GG said:

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.   

Maybe i am misunderstanding the science, but Moderna had this thing  genetic makeup identified in less than 24 hrs i think, and the mRNA approach is new...at least i think that is why this is light years ahead of any other vaccine process

42 minutes ago, GG said:

When does questioning an aggressive timeline spill over into a global conspiracy?

SARS-1, H1N1, Ebola have been around for years, yet there has been no vaccine developed despite their nearly equal mortality trends.   I don't know if the scientific community is convinced that these three are so dormant as not to need an effective vaccine.   That's why I find the timeline to be very aggressive for a novel coronavirus - yes 80% of the traits may be shared with prior viruses, but isn't that remaining 20% the most complex part to figure out, and to do that in a few months should raise questions.   

I'd guess one of the answers would be because they fizzled out and stopped impacting the west.  Ebola was never really an issue here, H1N1 died out and SARS 1 as well since they were not nearly as contagious. 

That doesn't mean i completely discredit your theory by the way.

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Not a great look, regardless of where it is. I suspect that's probably near Boise because other than the police, no one else was carrying.

It said Moscow, ID.  I guess they were making a point, but yes real bad optics.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Lockdowns and extreme social distancing measures kill.  More people under the age of 50 have died as a result these policies than the virus itself.

The worst global public health policy response of our life times.

Consistent with anecdotal stories my wife has been seeing at her pediatric practice. Teens are really, really struggling. 

• Sad 1

...uh oh....cue up the MSM attack dawgs.....BUT let's follow the political capital transition from Covid-19 (crickets) to "peaceful protests (crickets-NEVER were; honorable mention to BLM FRAUD)" to KamalaVirus (crickets) and now to "SCOTUS Barretitis debunking attacks".....

Florida Gov. DeSantis lifts major restrictions on restaurants, other businesses, in push to boost economy

The order allows restaurants to immediately reopen at full capacity

By Julia Musto | Fox News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced on Friday that he is lifting major coronavirus-era restrictions on restaurants and other businesses in a push to boost the state's economy.

The Republican governor's move comes even as he acknowledged that the pandemic was far from over.

“We’re not closing anything going forward,” he told reporters, insisting that the state is prepared if infections climb once again.

Florida has long been a COVID-19 hot spot, with almost 700,000 people infected by the virus since the pandemic gripped the nation in March.

According to data from the Florida Department of Health, nearly 14,000 Floridians have already died.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-gov-desantis-lifts-major-restrictions-on-restaurants-other-businesses-in-push-to-boost-economy

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

It said Moscow, ID.  I guess they were making a point, but yes real bad optics.

That's actually much closer to me, so I'm surprised LE was arresting people.

On the other hand, did you noticed what WASN'T happening when people were being arrested?

No one resisted.

It's almost like, if you don't resist the cops and if you don't try to stab or shoot or fight them, they're not the giant group of fascist terrorists some people pretend they are.

Weird.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That's actually much closer to me, so I'm surprised LE was arresting people.

On the other hand, did you noticed what WASN'T happening when people were being arrested?

No one resisted.

It's almost like, if you don't resist the cops and if you don't try to stab or shoot or fight them, they're not the giant group of fascist terrorists some people pretend they are.

Weird.

....the US "BLM (bowel) Movement" is a fraud....their own (sad) "leader" said "riots are a form of reparations"...WTF?...who owes them anything?....it's "The Gimme Gang" at its finest hour.....redefining "cash 'n carry" as "ain't got no cash but I'm gonna carry".....this scum gives honorable blacks a bad name and forces them to be unjustifiably included in the movement based SOLELY on skin color....much like all Asian Americans are Chinese spies or Covid-19 spreaders.....Antifa should have been crushed long ago ISIS style........