The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. He is 74, obese, and of course may have had some type of health episode last November.

This is no joke.

And it has to be said: from what we know he exhibited grossly irresponsible behavior, traveling to a NJ fundraiser after Hope Hicks had tested positive.

$$$$ $. $$$$ $. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, which is good. But recall Boris Johnson: a few days with "mild symptoms" that he mentioned on video, only to wind up hospitalized the next week. And he's a younger portly man.

This was also in May when our knowledge of the virus was not the same as now. 

Just now, Q-baby! said:

$$$$ $. $$$$ $. 

Why the ***** am I seeing this post when you’re on ignore. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, meazza said:

You are on ignore and yet I sometimes see your posts. 

The ignored list somehow gets unlocked when you respond to a post through a notification.

I'm on an island I know this.....but when you're ready to jump on board the Covid was a China/CIA Operation bandwagon, plenty of room..

Devin Nunes: U.S. Election is Being Manipulated by U.S. Intel Community and Political Allies.

https://100percentfedup.com/devin-nunes-u-s-election-is-being-manipulated-by-u-s-intel-community-and-political-allies/

Remind me again all the things Brennan has said about Trump?  And Trump the Intelligence community?

• Like (+1) 2

TOTALLY UNDER CONTROL

“Now we know that by Feb. 7, Trump knew that COVID was, in his words, ‘a deadly virus.’ But instead of working to protect the American people by containing the virus, the current administration was willfully blind to the growing contagion (“it’s like a miracle; it will disappear,” said Trump) in hopes that voters wouldn’t notice any problems until after the 2020 election.”

He added, “While the current administration tries to frame the situation as an unavoidable crisis, it is really closer to a crime of negligence. Weirdly enough, I don’t see this as a political film; it’s a film about incompetence and corruption that is totally out of control.”

If the federal government had done its job properly and followed clear guidelines in place based on past pandemics, much of this could have been avoided. While the current administration makes its claims for a job well done, the fact is that the US response to COVID-19 is one of the worst, with 4% of the world’s population and 21% of the deaths.

‘Totally Under Control’: Neon To Release Alex Gibney Docu About White House’s Failed Response To Pandemic

Illinois is close to passing Georgia in total cases.

I feel like this is noteworthy.  

Also noteworthy.....Maryland (lockdown central) and Missouri (any follow up on the Ozarks death parties?) same populations....exact same totals.....Maryland has almost twice the deaths. 

A smart person would look at this come away with 1 of 2 conclusions.  Either nothing matters re Distancing and masks etc......or all the B.S. they tell you about how "Red States" don't care about the virus is as much of a fairy tale as the virus originating from a wet market.  

Edited by Big Blitz

On 7/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Should be an interesting paper. I wonder if they studied all types of face coverings, and if they have useful or useless designations based on the type? IOW are some masks helpful?  Do N-95s work against the virus?  Are regular hospital masks helpful? Disposables? What about bandanas? What would have to be developed to make them useful (assuming nothing we have now helps)?

Face-Mask Photo Op Adds to Bewilderment Over Non-Use in Denmark

</snip>

All these countries recommending face masks haven’t made their decisions based on new studies,” Bundgaard said in an interview in Copenhagen.

He says there’s evidence to suggest that the only effective face covering might be a visor, because the virus can spread through all mucous membranes, including via the eyes. He worries a cloth covering that only protects the nose and mouth provides a “false sense of security.”

</snip>

Bundgaard’s study on masks is due to be published next month. In the meantime, he says he hopes they don’t become mandatory in Denmark.

</snip>

When snooping through this thread for some links for @HappyDays  I came across this from July. I cannot find the study which was to be released in August. As it is now October, I would hope it would have been released. Has anyone seen/read it?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When snooping through this thread for some links for @HappyDays  I came across this from July. I cannot find the study which was to be released in August. As it is now October, I would hope it would have been released. Has anyone seen/read it?

I looked it up, the results haven't been released yet. However, I'm confused what that study is trying to prove. The study as designed is testing if wearing a mask helps prevent the mask wearer from getting infected. But that's not what mask mandates are for. Masks are meant to stop infected people, even asymptomatic ones, from spreading the virus to other people. You'd have to wear an entire face mask that even covered your eyes to prevent being infected. Mouth and nose covering masks are not designed for that purpose.

Maybe this is a common misconception in what the anti-maskers think, so to be clear cloth masks are NOT going to be all that effective in preventing you from GETTING the virus. They will help somewhat, but a respiratory droplet from an unmasked carrier could still land in your eyes or somewhere else on your face or hands and get into your body later. The whole point of everyone wearing a mask is so the people that have the virus can't spread it to uninfected people because their respiratory droplets are caught in the mask.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, HappyDays said:

I looked it up, the results haven't been released yet. However, I'm confused what that study is trying to prove. The study as designed is testing if wearing a mask helps prevent the mask wearer from getting infected. But that's not what mask mandates are for. Masks are meant to stop infected people, even asymptomatic ones, from spreading the virus to other people. You'd have to wear an entire face mask that even covered your eyes to prevent being infected. Mouth and nose covering masks are not designed for that purpose.

From the design paper:

In the community, the use of face masks is increasing world-wide, but documentation for the efficacy of this remedy is lacking. This trial investigates whether the use of face masks in the community will reduce wearers' risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

I am not sure if the premise is "do  masks work" or "do masks work for everyday schumps" (where the correct wearing and constant face touching may factor in).

They used surgical masks, for the study.

This was interesting:

Hospital mask policy.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This trial investigates whether the use of face masks in the community will reduce wearers' risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection.

I mean that's good research to do but it has nothing to do with public mask mandates. You have it backwards.

On 9/22/2020 at 6:10 AM, fansince88 said:

Do you realize how dumb of a statement this is. There are no African Americans in Africa.

I'm sure there are at least some African Americans born here who have moved to Africa or are doing missionary work there.