The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A competent and honest administration who would confront this from the start and take it seriously will go a long way. 

Well we aren't going to get that in this round that's for sure lol

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I feel we have to have a serious conversation about health and aging in this country.  What is the common theme with many that have died?   Comorbidity is a huge problem.  Eat a ***** salad and get some exercise for God’s sake. 

This is also true.  Problem is that the advertising is built to feed you garbage. I know NYC is trying to ban large sodas and ***** like that, but maybe we should take the approach we did with tobacco and not let Kellog's and General Mills advertise garbage to our children? We know sugar is just as bad as smoking and drinking.

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

Well we aren't going to get that in this round that's for sure lol

This is also true.  Problem is that the advertising is built to feed you garbage. I know NYC is trying to ban large sodas and ***** like that, but maybe we should take the approach we did with tobacco and not let Kellog's and General Mills advertise garbage to our children? We know sugar is just as bad as smoking and drinking.

Marketing is strong. People are weak.  Don’t be weak. Not directed at you of course. 

How I quit booze. Realizing it was all marketed horribly.  It’s happy juice!!  No, no it’s not. 

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Marketing is strong. People are weak.  Don’t be weak. Not directed at you of course. 

How I quit booze. Realizing it was all marketed horribly.  It’s happy juice!!  No, no it’s not. 

...BUT...did you save 15% on your car insurance??................

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Well it could be weakness but it could also just be a lack of education. Watch my 600 LB life, you'd think you would have to be a damn millionaire to be 600 LBS but really these people are from poor communities with poor education and they eat what's advertised to them. Food is also a big problem because a lot of the terrible things people eat are family recipes and things they ate as kids and it's handed down from generation to generation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Luka said:

Well it could be weakness but it could also just be a lack of education. Watch my 600 LB life, you'd think you would have to be a damn millionaire to be 600 LBS but really these people are from poor communities with poor education and they eat what's advertised to them. Food is also a big problem because a lot of the terrible things people eat are family recipes and things they ate as kids and it's handed down from generation to generation.

Lack of education is part of it. Thinking is a part of it.  Laziness is a HUGE part of it. 

Currently in order to over compensate for his nursing home disaster and the election obviously, Cuomo is calling WNY a hot spot of Covid.  Because its positive test rate is around 1.5%.

1.5%

Dr. Birx and Redfield told us in late July that to safely reopen schools IN PERSON a region needs to be less than 5% positive test rate.  Let that sink in.  Schools can be open in buildings for 8 hours a day.  In August this was their number to get there.  FIVE PERCENT 

Cuomo is calling WNY a "hot spot" now.  For 1.5%

You are being lied to.  

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," host Dana Bash asked Birx about a recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control Director Robert Redfield, which said schools in areas with a 5% positivity rate or higher need to use distance learning. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-schools-covid-19-cases-caution-birx-2020-8

Biggest sham in the history of the planet 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Currently in order to over compensate for his nursing home disaster and the election obviously, Cuomo is calling WNY a hot spot of Covid.  Because its positive test rate is around 1.5%.

1.5%

Dr. Birx and Redfield told us in late July that to safely reopen schools IN PERSON a region needs to be less than 5% positive test rate.  Let that sink in.  Schools can be open in buildings for 8 hours a day.  In August this was their number to get there.  FIVE PERCENT 

Cuomo is calling WNY a "hot spot" now.  For 1.5%

You are being lied to.  

In an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," host Dana Bash asked Birx about a recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control Director Robert Redfield, which said schools in areas with a 5% positivity rate or higher need to use distance learning. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/reopening-schools-covid-19-cases-caution-birx-2020-8

Biggest sham in the history of the planet 

What does what you're saying about WNY mean? 

I just googled the news and only came up with this about Cuomo:

ALBANY, N.Y. — Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Monday refused to allow New York City to close nonessential businesses in nine hot spots in Brooklyn and Queens where the coronavirus has spiked, pre-empting a plan announced the day before by Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The governor’s stance created more confusion over how the authorities intend to tackle early signs of a second wave of the virus in its one-time epicenter.

Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, also accelerated the plan to close schools in the affected areas, moving the closure date up a day to Tuesday.

The governor’s announcement seemed to be yet another manifestation of his long feud with Mr. de Blasio. Mr. Cuomo has frequently second-guessed or overruled the mayor, also a Democrat, during their tenures.

Edited by shoshin

36 minutes ago, shoshin said:

What does what you're saying about WNY mean? 

I just googled the news and only came up with this about Cuomo:

ALBANY, N.Y. — Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Monday refused to allow New York City to close nonessential businesses in nine hot spots in Brooklyn and Queens where the coronavirus has spiked, pre-empting a plan announced the day before by Mayor Bill de Blasio.

The governor’s stance created more confusion over how the authorities intend to tackle early signs of a second wave of the virus in its one-time epicenter.

Mr. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat, also accelerated the plan to close schools in the affected areas, moving the closure date up a day to Tuesday.

The governor’s announcement seemed to be yet another manifestation of his long feud with Mr. de Blasio. Mr. Cuomo has frequently second-guessed or overruled the mayor, also a Democrat, during their tenures.

I'd post valuable information like this, meant to inform the duped how duped they've been, in the TSW but you can only post "covid is going to kill us all" and support the narrative; and it is also somehow considered political.  You can post we should not have fans because its scary.........but you can't post we should have fans and here is some actual logic science and reasoning to explain why.  That's somehow political.  I think more people started to figure this out, Team Lockdown got mad, so they changed the rules to "do not discuss the virus."  

If I posted this over there it would be taken down and I'd get a warning.  

Edited by Big Blitz

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Can just anyone get the experimental antibody cocktail and get tested daily so they get to the hospital in a day? 

Trump making out like he's some kind of "every-man" for his experience getting over Covid (hopefully true) after exposing tens to hundreds more to it has to be one of his top narcissistic moments, and that's saying something. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Can just anyone get the experimental antibody cocktail and get tested daily so they get to the hospital in a day? 

Trump making out like he's some kind of "every-man" for his experience getting over Covid (hopefully true) after exposing tens to hundreds more to it has to be one of his top narcissistic moments, and that's saying something. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And here is New Jersey moving the goal posts for the 75,000 time and too many (enough that these people feel safe enough in their jobs to say it) are not royally **%*& the F off 

He could have saved characters and sounded somewhat sane in the tweet by replacing the last two sentences with:

"Our job will never be done"

• Thank you (+1) 2