The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Seriously, what is wrong with you? People are dying. That treatment has helped a lot of people NOT die. A clinical trial for this specific treatment of this specific virus could take years. (Because, it HAS gone through clinical treatments.) How about you go tell those people that are still with us they shouldn't have taken that treatment because it did not go through clinical treatment for THIS disease?

I'd be happy to if given the opportunity.  Because we don't know if it will kill or seriously injure more people than it helps in this context.   You want to try compassionate use of this treatment?  Fine.  I'm OK with that.  But buying 30m or whatever the asinine numbers of doses that the fed purchased without knowing the efficacy of this drug in this context?  Not smart.    

19 minutes ago, arcane said:

Not sure how this is related, but I don't have any take on hydroxywhatever - I know less than zero about the medical field. From what I've seen, there hasn't been enough time for the true beefy trials with proper controls and peer review to allow me to safely say anything about it. Like I've implied, I'm uninterested in the hour-by-hour "bad drumpf!" Attempts that comprise the bulk of this thread, and courtesy of the institutions mentioned in my post, the bulk of mainstream political discourse these days. Because it's proven to not be as cataclysmic as I was programmed to fear, and to not be much of a problem at all. I'm much more focused on broad ideas and philosophies, and taking our great nation down the correct path from here (or really, at this point, just staving off the overwhelming pull in the wrong direction, which will be how I view my 2020 Trump vote)

so yeah, idgaf about chloroquine

Just so I am clear, what do you mean by the part in bold print?

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Clinical trials are ongoing. 

But you knew that, right?

Right.  I provided a link to one, that you were too lazy to read and didn't confirm your spin.

Whoops, my link didn't post.  Sorry.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/929253

Edited by Scraps
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Right.  I provided a link to one, that you were too lazy to read and didn't confirm your spin.

It's not spin. It's facts. 

I know you have a hard time discerning the difference between the two, as your performance in this thread has proven today.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Okay, if it's all the same, I'll trust what I'm hearing and seeing from, y'know, Cedars Freaking Sinai, than I will from a message board poster who thinks that Cedars Sinai is ridiculous for being damn close to a solution.

I suspect you just want to stick with "Trump is ridiculous" at all costs. It's understandable, what with all the media and elected Dems telling everyone Trump told them to inject themselves with Chlorine.

We're running out of original thinkers, that's for damn sure.

Let’s see how the trials go.  If they can develop something that can actually inactivate viruses down to the alveolar level I would be happy to say congrats and that I was wrong.  But I don’t think they’re damn close to a solution unless you can show me they have Phase 4 trials underway. Again I sit on an FDA Devices panel; it takes a lot to get something like this into actual clinical application.

Apparently the president is now saying he was being sarcastic yesterday.  Regardless of where one stands on the political spectrum, I think it can be agreed that during a pandemic what is needed from leaders is straight talk and not sarcasm.

Say what you mean, mean what you say.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yep, keep throwing that ***** boomerang.

JrLFmdD.jpg

One thing I gotta say about Trump, he educates a lot of people. In an effort to "GetTrump the left/"msm" go batshit crazy over every single thing he says. And, abiding by the 24/48 hour rule, what he says usually is pretty spot on. Not always 100%, but he's certainly not "stupid" or "moronic."  People dig in to prove him wrong/right, and a lot of good information is uncovered.  Heck, I was wondering about that light comment he made yesterday, and found out quite a bit about UV treatments today!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP:

Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of if you are totally into that world which I find to be very interesting. So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that hasn't been checked but you are going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body which you can do either through the skin or in some other way and I think you said you were going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

Right. And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number (INAUDIBLE) interesting to check that so that you are going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds interesting to me so we will see but the whole concept of the light the way it kills it in one minute that's--that's pretty powerful. Steve, please.

7 hours ago, shoshin said:

Except that’s exactly what he said. His quote is a few posts below your post. 

Not here. You can read his quote. He was excited to hear about how disinfectants and UV light  killed the virus on surfaces and suggested the experts look into how to do that inside the body.

There’s no real defending this. Just hit Trump with the frying pan, move on to today, and pray that he doesn’t take up the mike as much. 

you guys love, love, love those boomerangs. please keep throwing them.

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

One thing I gotta say about Trump, he educates a lot of people. In an effort to "GetTrump the left/"sms" go batshit crazy over every single thing he says. And, abiding by the 24/48 hour rule, what he says usually is pretty spot on. Not always 100%, but he's certainly not "stupid" or "moronic."  People dig in to prove him wrong/right, and a lot of good information is uncovered.  Heck, I was wondering about that light comment he made yesterday, and found out quite a bit about UV treatments today!

i mean, what is so astounding is that after 4 years of having their idiocy bounce back on them, sometimes almost immediately, that they have not learned a ***** thing. incredibly astounding. they say #TDS isn't a real malady. my ass.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not spin. It's facts. 

I know you have a hard time discerning the difference between the two, as your performance in this thread has proven today.

According the the VA study I provided a link too, HCQ treated patients had more that twice the mortality rate as non-HCQ patients.  That is a fact.  You are providing anecdotal evidence.  The people you cite may simply have improved on their own.

• Like (+1) 1