The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Hey Andy! Another option is let people go back to their jobs that were essential to them! I didnt vote for him!

There is a better option. Give the antibody tests to essential employees at companies that have worked the 5 weeks or so. Come up with sets of numbers. Spread the tests to companies around cities and in rural America, then use the data and give the country an accurate portrait of the infection rate, hosp rate, and mortality rate.

It’s been long enough, this should be the primary focus. Gather and provide the data so folks can decide what is the best path going forward. 

Its been over a month I have a hard time accepting that they can’t coordinate something like this and have this be an informed decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

There is a better option. Give the antibody tests to essential employees at companies that have worked the 5 weeks or so. Come up with sets of numbers. Spread the tests to companies around cities and in rural America, then use the data and give the country an accurate portrait of the infection rate, hosp rate, and mortality rate.

It’s been long enough, this should be the primary focus. Gather and provide the data so folks can decide what is the best path going forward. 

Its been over a month I have a hard time accepting that they can’t coordinate something like this and have this be an informed decision. 

My idea is good but I like your idea as well. I know without a shadow of a doubt  myself and wife and oldest son all had it in March. Give me the test!

22 hours ago, daz28 said:

Isn't the government literally trying to get rid of disease carrying parasites?  How can that be a bad thing?

Update on my in-laws' facility, for those interested:

135 Residents (down from 162)

72 total cases

16 died from COVID-19

5 in the hospital

10 waiting on test results

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This board's been infested by progressive trash. Worst part of COVID.

They are the internet version of cockroaches, scurrying around in the dark and infecting discussions with self-deluded, hypocritical diatribe - only to scatter when you shine the light of truth on them. Unfortunately, intellectually destroying their arguments doesn't kill them off. They just keep coming back because they have developed an immunity to logic, reason, and common sense, as well as the shame and humiliation they should feel at being so wrong, so often...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Fake news.  The human and economic costs of COVID are far worse than the presence of new people on an Internet message board who challenge your misguided political positions. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

If he hadn't already shredded the Emoluments clause in the Constitution, it wouldn't be a big topic of discussion. The family wants relief after having illegally received funding for their properties. Just another layer of slime.

I think you forgot that the Emoluments clause is "phony."  Trump said so himself. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/21/donald-trump-mocks-constitution-emoluments-clause-phony/4055162002/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  The human and economic costs of COVID are far worse than the presence of new people on an Internet message board who challenge your misguided political positions.

Yeah, well, that's like your opinion. Man.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are the internet version of cockroaches, scurrying around in the dark and infecting discussions with self-deluded, hypocritical diatribe - only to scatter when you shine the light of truth on them. Unfortunately, intellectually destroying their arguments doesn't kill them off. They just keep coming back because they have developed an immunity to logic, reason, and common sense, as well as the shame and humiliation they should feel at being so wrong, so often...

That is what politicians do to the public. They feed these people ***** and watch them expand like a fungus.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It was around well before Covid... Just look at PPP.

Trump blames the media for his stupidity. Democrats blame republicans for their stupidity. Republicans blame democrats for their stupidity. 

And the poor fools who blindly take sides are the ones eating the ***** that gets thrown around between everyone. It's very fun entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Trump blames the media for his stupidity. Democrats blame republicans for their stupidity. Republicans blame democrats for their stupidity. 

And the poor fools who blindly take sides are the ones eating the ***** that gets thrown around between everyone. It's very fun entertainment.

So who, in your view, isn't stupid?

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Have you watched the daily briefings? The media bias is on full display every single day and it’s now become obvious that they’re being purposefully combative and antagonist...and they simply don’t care. These simply aren’t professional people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Trump blames the media members for their own stupidity. Democrats blame republicans for their stupidity. Republicans blame democrats for their stupidity. 

FIFY

Trump is the only person who has seemed to do anything right in the last 30 years. He is not perfect, but he is lightyears better than anyone I’ve seen in the oval office in my lifetime.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If data eventually supports the theory, then we may have finally found an instance in which smoking saves lives.  Amazing.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8246939/French-researchers-plan-nicotine-patches-coronavirus-patients-frontline-workers.html

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Have you watched the daily briefings? The media bias is on full display every single day and it’s now become obvious that they’re being purposefully combative and antagonist...and they simply don’t care. These simply aren’t professional people. 

"You weren't called!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The last 30 seconds

• Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I disagree.  They are professional activists with a byline

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

I disagree.  They are professional activists with a byline

Did anyone watch the little Asian gal reporter yesterday? Young lady, you’re talking to the President of the United States! Show some respect before you start rolling your eyes! Where are the media outlets finding these people? I’m guessing they’re the last players left on the bench! Or....how about the guy wearing the mask? If I’m the Secret Service, I’m telling that guy we can’t have him around the President!

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday a reporter asked trump if about a policy to test every single person in old folks homes.  Apparently there was a governor who wanted to put that in place and he asked if he was ok with that.

Of course had the reporter actually followed the guidelines, that’s literally step 1 in phase 1 of the cdc guidelines.  How is it that a Canuck knows that but a reporter whose job is to know this stuff doesn’t ?

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Yesterday a reporter asked trump if about a policy to test every single person in old folks homes.  Apparently there was a governor who wanted to put that in place and he asked if he was ok with that.

Of course had the reporter actually followed the guidelines, that’s literally step 1 in phase 1 of the cdc guidelines.  How is it that a Canuck knows that but a reporter whose job is to know this stuff doesn’t ?

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, when the astronauts come back from space we don’t put America on lockdown. We put the ASTRONAUTS on lockdown!  Seems to me you want to eliminate the outside people visiting nursing homes. Done!

• Like (+1) 1