The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Took you that long for a response and this is all you could manage? Trump said he loves the uneducated... B.c those are his biggest supporters.

Shouldn’t Trump love the uneducated ? Don’t they matter to Libs ? Certainly some of those uneducated are minorities, whom the Libs say Trump doesn’t care about because he’s racist, right? Anyway, while Trump likely has some support there, many of us Trump supporters are indeed educated. We just happen to be a bit older, and got our education when that meant something other than being indoctrinated . When we were thought to think critically for ourselves. We weren’t told that gender is fluid, Government involvement is best and should always be trusted, caucasians are racist and bad, criminals are victims, PC is a virtue and we deserve a safe space when “ triggered”. Those who received that type of “ education” probably don’t like Trump. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

..and got our education when that meant something other than being indoctrinated . When we were thought to think critically for ourselves. We weren’t told that gender is fluid, Government involvement is best and should always be trusted, caucasians are racist and bad, criminals are victims, PC is a virtue and we deserve a safe space when “ triggered”. Those who received that type of “ education” probably don’t like Trump. 

This is fantastic.  Bravo.

34 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Took you that long for a response and this is all you could manage? Trump said he loves the uneducated... B.c those are his biggest supporters.

I actually gave your post more attention than it deserved....

• Like (+1) 1

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (range: 8,868–18,306) in the United States due to the virus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States       H1N1  swine flu pandemic

Last updated: April 14, 2020, 19:35 GMT     United States

Coronavirus Cases:   605,354

Deaths:  25,394

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

11 minutes ago, ALF said:

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, there were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,469 deaths (range: 8,868–18,306) in the United States due to the virus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_pandemic_in_the_United_States       H1N1  swine flu pandemic

Last updated: April 14, 2020, 19:35 GMT     United States

Coronavirus Cases:   605,354

Deaths:  25,394

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

That's like comparing apples and oranges rocks. Your comparison means nothing. Just to play along, if you had to catch either of the viruses which would you choose?

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

Please keep spreading this around.  I guess you're still not clear (nearly 4 years later) as to why we have a President Trump. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Taiwan, Singapore, and SK are lumped into the top category for how they dealt with it.  Do I think we could've done that? No. Do I think we could've done better, yes.  

You won't like it, but the fact that Fox and trump were down playing it didn't help.  I'm also with GG on the fact that you have 50 states with different reactions and policies too...

That's the difference between you and me. I believe they responded to the best of their ability and within a reasonable time frame, given the information available to them. I will be looking for answers to a lot of questions that need to be asked at the appropriate time. I think we can learn much from objective analyses and be better prepared next time.

You, on the other hand are looking to place blame and, specifically, to place blame on Trump.

As I said in another post: Hindsight is 20/20 to the reasonable and tunnel vision to those with an agenda.

So, we can just agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That's like comparing apples and oranges rocks. Your comparison means nothing. Just to play along, if you had to catch either of the viruses which would you choose?

I think that 25,000 number is inflated. Doctors were told to list ANYBODY who had Chinese Coronavirus symptoms, even if they did not get tested, as a Chinese Coronavirus death.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump was crying it was a hoax, nuff said. 

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Just so you know ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dante said:

His first reaction was the honest one. Anyone with any discernment at all realizes this. Unfortunately, the narrative is so overwhelming he is forced to play his part in this B movie. Once again, the media and government bureaucracies the enemy of the country.

Are you a person of discernment? Cause your initial take was the hottest I've seen.

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think that 25,000 number is inflated. Doctors were told to list ANYBODY who had Chinese Coronavirus symptoms, even if they did not get tested, as a Chinese Coronavirus death.

Deaths have been reported undercounted too. No matter how you slice it, we have a *****-ton of Covid deaths. 

A new deaths high in the US today. ~10% more than the high of 5 days ago. *****.