The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

On 1/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, LeviF91 said:

It's important to understand that mis/disinfo doesn't just come from the Chinese government.  I'm willing to bet that most of the pictures we are seeing of sick/dead people in China are not from this outbreak.

There's a lot of uncertainty thanks to the Chinese constantly lying, but public health interventions most certainly make infection reproduction numbers go down - even in 3rd world conditions.  I've seen R numbers for this virus anywhere from 2.5 to 3.8.  By comparison, measles is anywhere from 12 to 18.

Is it bad?  Yeah - but it's mostly bad because the Chinese were more concerned about saving face than they were saving lives.  Luckily we don't have the same kinds of issues with our government that the Chinese have.

This aged well

13 minutes ago, TH3 said:

This aged well

Yeah, it did.  It's bad here as well because of the CCP's lies. 

Admittedly, I underestimated the impact their coverup would have on the USA.

4 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Yeah, it did.  It's bad here as well because of the CCP's lies. 

Admittedly, I underestimated the impact their coverup would have on the USA.

No No No!!!!

This is all Trump's fault!!!

He wasn't racist enough when he shut down travel to China. He should have shut down all travel!!!

We need a leader who isn't afraid to let all their racism out.

49 minutes ago, GG said:

That disinfectant is useless the next moment an infected person coughs

If it was disinfectant and nor just some water vapor to look like they were trying and ease fears.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

That disinfectant is useless the next moment an infected person coughs

So, in other words, don't use Lysol or Clorox wipes and spray? 

They did it multiple times throughout the infected cities.

People in China congregate by the thousands in the morning and evening to practice "square" dancing and Tai Chi in the large city parks.

That got shut down. People went inside and stayed there.

We are not spraying on an industrial scale. That IS one different thing the Chinese did. They've dismantled all of their 1,000 bed hospitals that were specially constructed to handle the outbreak. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Looks like Afghanistan may be next.

Thousands of Afghans return from Iran as virus hits economy

Nearly 70,000 Afghans have returned from virus-hit Iran in the past 20 days, an official said Monday, overwhelming health workers at border crossings and raising fears of a major outbreak in the impoverished country.

Many Afghans who had gone to Iran to look for work are returning home as the contagion cripples Iran's economy, which was already devastated by US sanctions. Afghanistan's spring harvest is also drawing workers back, said the International Organization for Migration.

</snip>

I just finished up my binge watching of Homeland and am not feeling very favorable towards the Afghanis just now. :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, Gary M said:

If it was disinfectant and nor just some water vapor to look like they were trying and ease fears.

So you think spraying water vapor is responsible for their marked drop in new cases and their effectively halting the Wuhan virus? 

I'll be right back. Going to take a nice long shower to keep those bugs away. :wallbash:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

For those of you who haven't been to Japan, imagine the rate of spread assuming this kept going on during the initial outbreak.

Twice a day the Chinese go to parks to exercise and square dance. 

\

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-florida-beaches-spring-break-social-distancing-1492694

Search
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

THOUSANDS STILL FLOCKING TO FLORIDA'S BEACHES DESPITE CORONAVIRUS SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES

BY EWAN PALMER ON 3/17/20 AT 9:11 AM EDT

Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:25
Loaded: 100.00%

Quality
Fullscreen

Thousands of people in Florida appear to be ignoring calls to self isolate and distance themselves from others to help control the coronavirus outbreak by going to the city's beaches en masse.

Videos and photos posted on social media by local news sites and residents show large crowds of people on the sands and in the ocean at Clearwater Beach, West Florida, despite repeated calls from officials for people to avoid large crowds to help protect against the virus.

One beach goer told WFTS she was not put off by the idea of going to the beach along with thousands of others despite being a senior and having autoimmune diseases.

"I really think as long as I'm very safe and I wash my hands constantly, I will be safe and my family will be safe," said Tricia Wood.

Facepalm :( 

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I just finished up my binge watching of Homeland and am not feeling very favorable towards the Afghanis just now. :ph34r:

So you think spraying water vapor is responsible for their marked drop in new cases and their effectively halting the Wuhan virus? 

I'll be right back. Going to take a nice long shower to keep those bugs away. :wallbash:

Hard to tell sometimes when somebody is just kidding but I'll wait for some kind of verification that the Chinese are effectively dealing with this versus a few press releases.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Not what I said at all.

They took drastic measure including mandatory lock downs.

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

So, in other words, don't use Lysol or Clorox wipes and spray? 

They did it multiple times throughout the infected cities.

People in China congregate by the thousands in the morning and evening to practice "square" dancing and Tai Chi in the large city parks.

That got shut down. People went inside and stayed there.

We are not spraying on an industrial scale. That IS one different thing the Chinese did. They've dismantled all of their 1,000 bed hospitals that were specially constructed to handle the outbreak. 

To be totally effective, you need to spray and wipe after each person passes.

The lockdown of Wuhan is over.  The other places weren't locked down.  There are negligible new cases of a virus that everyone said will survive multiple seasons.

23 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Currently in the DMV in Cheektowaga. About 20 customers at any one time. Been here about 30 minutes and have about twi people ahead of me. 

Monroe County DMV is open but it is now on an appointment only visit.

Seriously.... Go ***** yourself, CCP

This is the same government who is right now: 

* running concentration camps (real ones, not the ones the left cried about for 2 years on the border)

* actively suppressing their population in various regions through force and murder

* actively running an organ harvesting racket which preys on its most vulnerable population

* ... Oh yeah, AND THEY STARTED THIS WHOLE PANDEMIC

Our media kisses their ass. Why? Because their parent companies are all DEEP in CCP money. As are certain individual journalists. As are certain members of Congress. 

• Like (+1) 10