Ricky Gervais nailed it!! Golden Globe opening

BringBackFergy

It was hilarious because it was true and his delivery was great. It's also sad because right after the show they all celebrated at their drug filled rape parties knowing that in a day no one will care. They can continue on being awful degenerates who lecture the public on the danger of straws while turning a blind eye to the worst crimes imaginable.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I skipped to 6:30 and found what he had to say there fantastic  and pretty hard core.  That wasn't even thinly veiled as comedy, that was just good old fashioned George Carlin straight up ranting, and I love it.

Maybe this is the last awards show he MCs?????

Dude has huge balls and obviously enough money and success in that business to not give a F.

33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I skipped to 6:30 and found what he had to say there fantastic  and pretty hard core.  That wasn't even thinly veiled as comedy, that was just good old fashioned George Carlin straight up ranting, and I love it.

Maybe this is the last awards show he MCs?????

Dude has huge balls and obviously enough money and success in that business to not give a F.

George went after a Judy Dench???

doubt it....

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Some critics have no F**king clue. 

They reach the correct conclusion for the wrong reasons.

Kevin Hart got blacklisted from the Oscars for telling some gay jokes back in the day.

Ricky Gervais was invited to host the Golden Globes and they knew full well what he'd say.  It was all a show.

He's a hypocrite, but because he's a pressure release valve for the elite.  Part of this is shown in his terrible context and delivery for the Epstein jokes.  Ricky could do much better, but he didn't, because part of his job was to make the jokes finally induce cringe.  It's a limited mock out, and a subtle message that says "we even control your dissent."

He's like Carlin in the sense that Carlin was also a huge fraud.

I love Ricky Gervais, he's always good. 

What's just as funny is all the folks rejoicing that Gervais is putting "Hollywood" in it's place, telling truth to power in some kind of unexpected rant against whatever it is you don't like.  However, Ricky's bits are nothing new, he says it EVERY year, at every forum. He goes after everyone, it's what he does best. Now the real ironic part is the people who believe Ricky went rouge. No, he was HIRED to do it, the producers would be disappointed if it didn't go viral.

You could feel the rumbling as millions as channels flipped from Fox News to NBC.  Mission Accomplished and it wasn't even difficult. 

Edited by Max Fischer

24 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

I love Ricky Gervais, he's always good. 

What's just as funny is all the folks rejoicing that Gervais is putting "Hollywood" in it's place, telling truth to power in some kind of unexpected rant against whatever it is you don't like.  However, Ricky's bits are nothing new, he says it EVERY year, at every forum. He goes after everyone, it's what he does best. Now the real ironic part is the people who believe Ricky went rouge. No, he was HIRED to do it, the producers would be disappointed if it didn't go viral.

You could feel the rumbling as millions as channels flipped from Fox News to NBC.  Mission Accomplished and it wasn't even difficult. 

I, for one, was fooled. The reaction by Tom Hanks (who I like as an actor) told me many in the audience were fooled as well.

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I, for one, was fooled. The reaction by Tom Hanks (who I like as an actor) told me many in the audience were fooled as well.

Well, the room was indeed full of the industry's best actors. 

Edited by Max Fischer

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

They reach the correct conclusion for the wrong reasons.

Kevin Hart got blacklisted from the Oscars for telling some gay jokes back in the day.

Ricky Gervais was invited to host the Golden Globes and they knew full well what he'd say.  It was all a show.

He's a hypocrite, but because he's a pressure release valve for the elite.  Part of this is shown in his terrible context and delivery for the Epstein jokes.  Ricky could do much better, but he didn't, because part of his job was to make the jokes finally induce cringe.  It's a limited mock out, and a subtle message that says "we even control your dissent."

While I get where you’re coming from, we may need to include all satirists, from Twain to Rogers to Saul, etc., and everyone in between, as huge frauds. 

46 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

What, exactly, did you see in Hanks’s reaction other than bemusement?

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

i wouldn't got THAT far, he told some pot-jokes on TV, told some jokes about dirty words, repeated this for 40 years

some on here think he's 3 times smarter than Einstein....

meh....

I don’t understand TV these days.  

Other than sports, young people don’t watch TV.

Old people might try to watch TV shows out of habit.

TV shows seem to flaunt alternative lifestyles as a badge of honor.

But old people, who are the only ones who might watch TV, don’t want to see that stuff. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I don’t understand TV these days.  

Other than sports, young people don’t watch TV.

Old people might try to watch TV shows out of habit.

TV shows seem to flaunt alternative lifestyles as a badge of honor.

But old people, who are the only ones who might watch TV, don’t want to see that stuff. 

TV shows are big the last few years

like a 48 hour movie that keeps on getting another season

Just now, row_33 said:

TV shows are big the last few years

like a 48 hour movie that keeps on getting another season

Perhaps I’m thinking that people don’t watch much on network TV. 

Streaming TV is a whole different animal; that’s where the good stuff is.