Ricky Gervais nailed it!! Golden Globe opening

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

If you want to skip ahead to the 6:30 mark go ahead. The whole monologue is quite funny. 

Refreshing to hear these comments in re. Hollywood elites!! (Note Tom Hanks’ facial expressions at the 7 +/- minute mark.). 

ummmmm, he is that of which he speaks

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not saying he is wrong, but Gervais is such a pompous ass, he just goes around acting holier then everyone while complaining about everyone else doing the same. He has to get buy on 'shock value' because he has nothing else anymore. 

Agreed, Gervais is a dillhole and fails to see how he falls under the same category but he did nail it. 

Edited by LeviF91
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not saying he is wrong, but Gervais is such a pompous ass, he just goes around acting holier then everyone while complaining about everyone else doing the same. He has to get buy on 'shock value' because he has nothing else anymore. 

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

ummmmm, he is that of which he speaks

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just as those in Washington, D.C. .... these are all feathers of the same bird.

Jokes, people...

You act as though you're taking him seriously.

That was funny.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Jokes, people...

That was funny.

before you laugh you have to make sure everyone is okay with it, requiring that you research everything that joke teller said for his/her entire life and that nobody was ever offended

or if those around you declare the person safe or nice or liked, then it's okay even if it's the vilest racism ever said

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Jokes, people...

That was funny.

What leads you to believe that I’m unaware based on what I posted? I understand jokes and even ironic ones. If you think it was funny, good on you. If you found it unfunny, good on you.

but...for many to glom onto that one segment and say “oh, my god, he killed it & he is so right” is showing that they, themselves, do not get it.

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

What leads you to believe that I’m unaware based on what I posted? I understand jokes and even ironic ones. If you think it was funny, good on you. If you found it unfunny, good on you.

but...for many to glom onto that one segment and say “oh, my god, he killed it & he is so right” is showing that they, themselves, do not get it.

Color me confused. I must be the idiot in the room.

46 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You pointed out that he was being hypocritical, showing that you can't just sit here and enjoy a joke. 

I'm glad you get it.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

You pointed out that he was being hypocritical, showing that you can't just sit here and enjoy a joke. 

I'm glad you get it.

So, because I point out hypocrisy it means I can’t take a joke. So nice of you to make these decisions for me. Much less for me to worry about.